1/100 MG MS-18E Kampfer

Armor

Woah. I really await this one with great enthusiasm. The Kampfer is an excellent design and I'm sure you will do a good job, as always.

I see you are doing it in standard blue.. I have one unbuilt and I'm severely tempted to do a matt-black Kampfer myself, but no confidence to tackle it.

As for the photos -- too blur. :D Please try backing off about 5 ~ 10cm and taking the picture. If you are taking these with a real camera (i.e. not a webcam), please try activating the macro mode (usually a flower symbol), as it would allow you to take at shorter ranges.

It was sadly a short lived mobile suit, didn't even survive one battle but still it was impressive looking and people tend to admire it as a very powerful suit on its own. But when it went against the NT-1 Alex....it lost....narrowly....

If that Gundam didn't have all that armor plating it would have FRIED!

The Kampfer is a real nice design the weathered and battle scarred look looks great on this one.

chris

Hmm.. the pics are better. :) Still, aside from the weathering and some incidental effects, can't really see the level of work you put into it.

What's the deal with the big "01" stencilled on the torso? The Big White One? :D

Truth to be told, this looks almost stock, so it's a bit disappointing... :( Hope you don't mind me saying that.

Truth to be told, this looks almost stock, so it's a bit disappointing...  :( Hope you don't mind me saying that.

There is a reason for that... its missing GUNS... and LOTS of them. That was the allure of the Kampfer... two big Bazookas and a LOT of firepower

No, that's not it. Take a look at Armor's other works.. for example his avatar. That's no stock Zaku.

The Kampfer here looks almost out-of-box (of course it's painted).. I was hoping for a custom paint job or more exotic customization. :)

Well... first it is not stock. But I can see how any one would think it. I painted the whole thing. The armor is in a "True Treal" from Plaid craft paints. It's a little hard to see the wheathering because it's all washes and the wash sunk into the paint. In person it looks cool. As for the big 01. I just like it. I don't normally stick to stock Gundams. I like to add alittle. But always thank you for your input. I like to show my work and I like to see other peoples work. When I finish the weapons I'll take some more pics or my wife will take them :lol: . And after that comes the MG FA-010-A FAZZ. Can't wait for that.

Well... first it is not stock. But I can see how any one would think it.

Mister, you ain't doing your work no justice, y'know?

Photography can make or break your rep on the net. :) I've seen some good-looking miniatures (tabletop gaming) looks absolutely horrible in photos, and vice-versa -- it's difficult to actually take a picture that is both sharp and does justice to the model/ miniature.

No knock against you or the wife, but you might want to invest in a slightly better camera.. anything 3 megapixel with a macro mode would be sufficient, really.

Heh, we know you don't do stock kits.. it just looks that way. I'm just hoping for a Kampfer touting a minigun and in Wolf Brigade colours. :)

Gar.. FAZZ. That would be really big.