MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

The huge ass voltron in the pic was 60$@ TRU and then marked down to like 20 or so maybe less. MAN I am a moron for not buying it!! The smaller lions in the pic are the reissues done from trendmasters, which were identical to the godaikins but with no missle launcher springs. The big voltron was an upsized version WITH cockpits and could hold gijoe size figures.(and did a better job of it, the original matchbox one was fun but holy crap were those canopies SUPER obvious~!).

So....oh yea the big trendmasters upsized voltron with cockpits was 20 inches tall I believe. It was HUGE. So yea....and yet....the MPC costs twice as much..more than that I mean.

That damn thing still isn't out.  They haven't perfected the boxes, or something.

354609[/snapback]

My wife says she has found a website that just got them in stock. Too late for Christmas shipping, though.

Of course I don't know the site. Cause she knows I'll get it for myself if I do.

Could someone point me to a transformation faq for the MPC alpha? I'm having a hard time getting the waist to slide back into the upper torso. It looks like two little metal bars attached to the upper torso where the arms join the upper torso are getting hung up on the lower legs, which are attached to the waist. It looks like they are preventing the waist from sliding back into the upper torso. Why couldn't they just make them transform as easily as the model kits?

Thanks for any help.

Crazy stuff... right at the peak of Xmas some Alpha MPCs went for over $100!!

Proto - getting the chest/waist area to slide back together nice and tight can be the trickiest part. I don't think the arms should be holdiing it up though. Try elevating the back of the legs a bit (so the hip area points down a bit more) and pushing. Do a little wiggle jiggle.

Graham,

Oh that was funny...what, we were talking about the Alpha right? :rolleyes:

Anybody here getting one?  It's pretty pricey for me to take a risk on!  :)

354852[/snapback]

I'm getting one. It is already pre-ordered and I'm waiting for it to arrive at my door. I'm going to panel line it up and maybe add some decals. I'm still deciding. Voltron was list some kind of mystical quality to him so I'm not sure "Danger" or "No Step" decals would apply...then again, the lions would need maintenance so a few nicely placed stickers could give it more of a real world feel.

I feel sorry for that kid that when to see Yellow Lion and got blasted to toast because there was no "Danger" sticker by the cannon on Yellow Lion's back :lol:

Edited by SDFcommander

Graham,

Oh that was funny...what, we were talking about the Alpha right?  :rolleyes:

Anybody here getting one?  It's pretty pricey for me to take a risk on!  :)

354852[/snapback]

I'm getting one. It is already pre-ordered and I'm waiting for it to arrive at my door. I'm going to panel line it up and maybe add some decals. I'm still deciding. Voltron was list some kind of mystical quality to him so I'm not sure "Danger" or "No Step" decals would apply...then again, the lions would need maintenance so a few nicely placed stickers could give it more of a real world feel.

I feel sorry for that kid that when to see Yellow Lion and got blasted to toast because there was no "Danger" sticker by the cannon on Yellow Lion's back :lol:

355891[/snapback]

I have my friends right now and I really like it. It has the same problems that the old one has. the hip joints are not strong enough that sometimes he falls over forward when holding the sword or has his arms out forward. You can bend the knee but this causes the leg lions to come off. BUt over all the detail and articulation is much better. The paint is decent. Some plastic parts feel kinda cheap. I would say it's more akin to the Trendmasters than the old Golion set. I'm suppose to take pics but I haven't had the chance.

Cool >EXO<

How did your friend get it so fast? Did it come with any decal? How is the elbow joint in the Green and Red lions? Does it pivot so you can have the lions bend in different directions?

How are the Yellow and Blue lions attached? Is there a door under the tails for the attachment to Black Lion?

Any mention of an appendix for Lion Weapons or an upcoming MPC Vehicle Voltorn in the manual?

Has anyone ordered from these guys? I saw that too, but it seemed a little bit too good to be true so I went with a trusted e retailer.

I just got the MPC Voltron and I'm loving it! I could not wait to add some panel lining and some paint here and there. Here are some quick shots:

HPIM0099.jpg

HPIM0098.jpg

Edited by SDFcommander

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ordered from these guys? I saw that too, but it seemed a little bit too good to be true so I went with a trusted e retailer.

I just got the MPC Voltron and I'm loving it! I could not wait to add some panel lining and some paint here and there. Here are some quick shots:

HPIM0099.jpg

HPIM0098.jpg

356051[/snapback]

WOW those look very cool. I see the green lion sitiing down in the background anyway of getting some close up pictures? Nice panel lining. Impressive. The more the detail the better. :blink:

Not to change Voltron dialogue...

Any general consensus on which Alpha would have the best chance of having fewer QC issues - later production Scott, or Lancer? More interested in getting the blue, but not if I'm guaranteed to get a turd.

Ok, back to Voltron...

Edited by ghostryder

Not to change Voltron dialogue...

Any general consensus on which Alpha would have the best chance of having fewer QC issues - later production Scott, or Lancer? More interested in getting the blue, but not if I'm guaranteed to get a turd.

Ok, back to Voltron...

359320[/snapback]

Well you take you chances no matter which one you get. Out of the 4 only my Lancer has issues. Just look out for some discounted ones.

Find one cheap somewhere and you shouldn't be let down... especially if you know to treat it gentle right from the get-go. Unfortunately it's a total crapshoot but I do own 2 rock solid Scott ones so they definitely exist. That being said, my Lancer is my favorite one so far (and I own like 9 MPC alphas).

My Blue and Green MPC Alphas are both great. My Shadow has a few issues though.

As Jenius said, it's basically a crapshoot whether you end up with a good or bad one.

And yes, you should definitely treat them very gently.

Gotta say, I'm impressed by the toynami sticker sheets on the Alphas, definitely better quality than Yamato stickers.

Graham

I got a VF-1A MPC Ben type off Ebay for $20. I thought the proportions sucked in pictures, but the pictures do no justice to how much it sucks. I mainly got it because no other production version of this valkyrie had been done and will keep it.

IMO Toynami spends too much time/effort on the gimmicks and the box and the sculpt really suffered for it. I'll take a Bandai reissue chunky monkey and it's nice rigid form over the Toynami MPC any day. It's barely worth the $20 I paid for it.

Here's to hoping Toynami uses less inferior materials when makeing the Beta.

IMO Toynami spends too much time/effort on the gimmicks and the box and the sculpt really suffered for it. I'll take a Bandai reissue chunky monkey and it's nice rigid form over the Toynami MPC any day.

I'm confused... the proportions Toynami uses are clearly better than Bandai's/Takatokus. By "rigid form" I can only hope you mean that Bandai's feel more solid because they certainly do. MPCs do have a tendency to be a little floppy.

Here's to hoping Toynami uses less inferior materials when makeing the Beta.

Now I know there are some issues with shoddy workmanship on the Toynamis but I haven't heard that the materials are actually flawed? I've seen plenty of people complain about yellowed 1/60 Yamatos... seems like the Toynami MPCs actually hold up better. This could just be because the 1/60s spend less time in the box though.

I scored a new Shadow Alpha from Gamestop for $9.99 this weekend.

I had ordered one a while back when it first came out but it took forever to transfer from another store. So the manager transferred one from a different store. (Which was cool that it took so long, because by the time it came it was down to $39.99.)

Well I went in this weekend to buy Resident Evil 4, and the manager told me that the other one finally showed up. She still had it sitting under the counter. It rang up as $19.99 and I had a $10.00 off coupon  :)

So I just had to buy it....

344833[/snapback]

Yeah. I just bought the 4 our GS had left. They were all sitting in the clearance bin. 4 for the retail of 1. I am happy.

Where's the Tlead?...zz.zz.zzzzzz.... :(

360649[/snapback]

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. But I'm okay with having to wait awhile for this if it means we're all getting a solid TLEAD/BETA with very few or non-existent QC issues.