Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

holy crap I actually saw a silver streak 10 blocks from work :o I got SUPER ass tempted to get it but I refused :(

wow, your place only barely has silver streak? That's like some old @$$ stuff! :p:D:lol:

Dude! I've been all over this part of Ohio, and Bluestreak, Hound, and Sideswipe, mock me where ever I go. :(

I finally broke down, and ordered Grimlock off the internet. All so I can a stupid custom....

holy crap I actually saw a silver streak 10 blocks from work :o I got SUPER ass tempted to get it but I refused :(

wow, your place only barely has silver streak? That's like some old @$$ stuff! :p:D:lol:

Dude! I've been all over this part of Ohio, and Bluestreak, Hound, and Sideswipe, mock me where ever I go. :(

I finally broke down, and ordered Grimlock off the internet. All so I can a stupid custom....

dood, all you need to do is ask one of us CA people here. One of us can probably pick you up one. I must've seen Grimlock everytime I hit a toy store. I'm getting sick of seeing them already and am looking forward to seeing wheeljack and shockwave already! ;):p:D:lol:

I'm not a huge transformers fan but I got my very first alternator today (sideswipe) and loving this. :D

Both bot and car mode look good. I'm amazed by the poseability and have transformed sideswipe into a different form than the one on the box. (tyres are pointed on the outside of shoulders rather than behind)

The only thing is the fact that no matter how ingenius the transformation there will always be bits and pieces of car parts sticking out at awkward angles on these toys but I'm still impressed at how good these actually are. I'm planning on trying to get one of each car whenever there are sales at various toy shops.

The only thing is the fact that no matter how ingenius the transformation there will always be bits and pieces of car parts sticking out at awkward angles on these toys but I'm still impressed at how good these actually are.

Some of the alternators are better than others on this point, and sideswipe's probably the worst. windcharger's probably the best on this, as there's no roof to deal with (well, there is, but it's optional).

I'm not a huge transformers fan but I got my very first alternator today (sideswipe) and loving this. :D

Both bot and car mode look good. I'm amazed by the poseability and have transformed sideswipe into a different form than the one on the box. (tyres are pointed on the outside of shoulders rather than behind)

The only thing is the fact that no matter how ingenius the transformation there will always be bits and pieces of car parts sticking out at awkward angles on these toys but I'm still impressed at how good these actually are. I'm planning on trying to get one of each car whenever there are sales at various toy shops.

Dont follow the US Sideswipe instructions to have the Tires behind the shoulders. That is a guarenteed way to break em. On the side not only looks more like G1 Sideswipe but it is also the way Takara designed it. Hasbro smokes some crack sometimes.

:lol:

I caved i nthis morning, its only 20 dollars so I'm going to go to target around my lunch hour and get Silver Streak. I think there were actually 2 Silver Streaks and 2 Sideswipes...I still can't find Hound, Grimlock or Jazz...hell Tracks, Ravage NONE of those...I just about peed myself in surprise when I saw Silver Streak 0_o....no really I almost did.

It's like I can find alot of the crappy stuff, Energon, Armada, car robots from time to time, and hell not dissing it, but I even find old G1 stuff. But Alternators which you would THINK would be a popular line for its realisitic care of detail and scale, but no.

:p I don't got alot of money but when it comes to a product which doesn't rape my childhood I'd buy it.

yeah the tires on the outside looks better anyways.

here's two weblinks i found: the first one just shows a gallery of him. the second is a simple kitbash to get him looking more like g1.

I did tried out the kitbash - simple to do but takes a while (used a carpenters knife to cut through the plastic tabs on the trunk - instructions were somewhere on the web)

eventually though, i didn't end up having his trunk piece as his front cuz they look like a huge chest piece. I opted for his normal look, but now his back is more flush.

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php...&size=0&start=0

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Cu...mon%2FBT+Lambor

by far, i think hound is still my favorite alternator: easy transformation and poses well. My grimlock's hard to transform (getting those arms out is a pain) but he looks the best in my opinion.

I want meister, but can't find him locally - and i'm not impulsive enough to order him online yet. Is he a whole lot better than Smokescreen? The transformation looks real similiar.

Edited by al0324

I ended up going to Target for lunch and I bought SilverStreak. Fantastic paint job and detail, I really like how he looks compared to Smokescreen. To be honest I'm sorta surprised they made him a Subaru when his Brother Prowel is gonna end up as something else. Sorta ruins the whole twin thing don't it? Even for Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

Paint job is fantastic, the Silver and Red and copper colors make him stand out and I think he'll look fantastic with SmokeScreen Sideswipe and Prime.

If I make enough money, I think I'll play catch up with the rest of the line very shortly...but geh Walmart online

I ended up going to Target for lunch and I bought SilverStreak. Fantastic paint job and detail, I really like how he looks compared to Smokescreen. To be honest I'm sorta surprised they made him a Subaru when his Brother Prowel is gonna end up as something else. Sorta ruins the whole twin thing don't it? Even for Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

I never really thought much about Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen being 'related' as much as just being similar (much like I might look similar to someone else posting here). Don't think they ever really made a deal out of it in the comics or cartoons either. Still, it would've been nice for Prowl to be a repaint...a repaint (like Sunstreaker) that people would've LOVED to have. I always got a feeling that Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's 'brotherhood' went beyond the fact their Earth forms were both from the same car manufacturer. It seemed more like a comraderie built from battle side by side and their personalities, although different, working well together. After all, there were few Autobots were warriors by function amongst the first series, so it's very easy to see the soldiers sticking together, feeling different, if not feeling a bit elitist, amongst the others.

Well I think Smokescreen wasn't related too Prowl or SilverStreak (bluestreak) at all, so it's sorta dissapointing seeing Silverstreak and Smokescreen in the same body just repainted.

Now if Prowl was a Subaru but with the whole police whistle package now that'd be interesting.

Co-worker of mine and I were sorta playing with Silverstreak and his same scaled 350Z...sorta funny when I transformed Silverstreak aiming the gun going "CHEATING RICER!"

But I really need to email Takara and tell them that they NEED TOO make an autobot as a 350Z or atleast a Nissan vehicle...you don't know how neat it'd be and how respected it could be in the dealership I work at.

Infact alot of people were looking at it going "Wow that's a nicely detailed Subaru!" Then I showed them the undercarriage with them going "Whhhhaaaaa?! That's a Transformer?"

Yep they've come a long way.

hey guys check this out appearently there are now HK bootlegs of binaltech showing up one ebay, they look very similar to the original and even have diecast metal on them.

they are called Metals Transform Cars, here is one of Hound.

Hound bootleg

I want meister, but can't find him locally - and i'm not impulsive enough to order him online yet. Is he a whole lot better than Smokescreen? The transformation looks real similiar.

The transformation of meister is a total refinement of smokescreens. while a very complex transformation, it is suprisingly easy, as it seems the designer of this toy actually listend to all the complaints about the smokescreen mold and went and mad every effort to eleminate all the difficulties inherent in smokescreens transformation. He is by far my favorite BT.

hey guys check this out appearently there are now HK bootlegs of binaltech showing up one ebay, they look very similar to the original and even have diecast metal on them.

Hound bootleg

damn, those bootleggers done wait to pounce. Just by judging from the pictures in the auction, the bootleg looks better than the original.

Hound bootleg

damn, those bootleggers done wait to pounce. Just by judging from the pictures in the auction, the bootleg looks better than the original.

You really think that looks better? The details on the original are much sharper. It looks like the boot is a sloppy re-cast. It looks good for it's price but the original looks better to me.

From the binalternators.de page, it turns out the Alternator Ravage comes from both the "current" Ravage and the Baast Wars Future Ravage.

Character desciption: According to his character card, Ravage is indeed "X-9", the "Beast Wars" incarnation of the character, whose consciousness had been discovered in a capsule that contained the flight recorder of Ravage's ship from the three-part Beast Wars episode "The Agenda". According to his system description, in turn, his new body has been built by former staffers of the now defunct "Intelligence and Information Institute" (I.I.I., known from the original Transformers comic book series by Marvel USA), which had given him new life by storing present day Ravage, who had conveniently been in EDC custody at that point, inside Ravage's cassette player in stasis lock state and using his "Spark" (the "soul" of a Transformer, originally introduced in the Beast Wars show) to bring Ravage back to life. Ravage possesses knowledge of the future and is determined to change history in his own image. He has managed to reactivate and upgrade his originally deactivated and fail-safed weaponry systems on his own.

Hound bootleg

You really think that looks better? The details on the original are much sharper. It looks like the boot is a sloppy re-cast. It looks good for it's price but the original looks better to me.

upon closer inspection, the bootleg still looks better to me. The details are sharper on the original, but i think the bootleg has shinier black parts with make it look better. Just in those pictures. But of course, if I actually had them in my hands, im sure the knock off would not be as good as the Takara.

Hound bootleg

upon closer inspection, the bootleg still looks better to me. The details are sharper on the original, but i think the bootleg has shinier black parts with make it look better. Just in those pictures. But of course, if I actually had them in my hands, im sure the knock off would not be as good as the Takara.

I hear ya. The metalic color is pretty nice on the boot as well. I don't think I'd buy one unless it was a different color than the originals though.

the boots may be good for customs though. does anyone know if there are any others out besides the Hound version.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Picked up Bulkhead at my local Toys R Us (still no new Alternators in Ottawa... Grrrrr).

First thought when transformed (minus weapons pack): He looks VERY nice.

With weapons pack installed: Holy cow that's some big guns. And he stands up!

The artillery piece has 3 sounds in it. Guns ablazing (with lights! ), and two classic transformation sounds.

All in all a very cool helecopter!

Now Hasbro, where's my Tracks and every other alternator since Hound!!!

I saw an acutal Swindle Jeep the otehr day on the road. I didn't know that had actually released a Wrangler in that wretched color, but they did. It was right after I finally found a Swindle Alt too!

I think the only Jeeps I've seen in Swindle's color were stock. No large tires, or brush gaurd. I've seen Grimlock cruising around, a couple times, though.

I saw an acutal Swindle Jeep the otehr day on the road.  I didn't know that had actually released a Wrangler in that wretched color, but they did.  It was right after I finally found a Swindle Alt too!

I think the only Jeeps I've seen in Swindle's color were stock. No large tires, or brush gaurd. I've seen Grimlock cruising around, a couple times, though.

Yellow Jeeps are the same around here too. My Jeep looks alot like Hound(with bigger tires) and there's a Streak, Tracks and Meister all within a 2 miles of my house.

I saw an acutal Swindle Jeep the otehr day on the road.  I didn't know that had actually released a Wrangler in that wretched color, but they did.  It was right after I finally found a Swindle Alt too!

Yellow Jeeps are the same around here too. My Jeep looks alot like Hound(with bigger tires) and there's a Streak, Tracks and Meister all within a 2 miles of my house.

This is starting to sound like a celebirty sightings thead :-p

Speaking of celebrity sightings, below's Grimlock in NYC and Silverstreak in Japan....making one of my goals in Gran Turismo 4 is to have a garage with models coming as close as possible to the Alternators...the #7 Smokescreen is a tad bit expensive at 750,000 Cr. ... :)

More on the topic, here's a pretty nifty Mirage custom someone did from a Deadend Alternator. Not exactly the prettiest in car mode and the chest unfortunately doesn't sit flat, but it still looks nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

post-26-1109611670_thumb.jpg