Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I just repainted my Grimlock charcoal grey and put racing stripes on it. Now I just need to tint the headlights, but I don't know what to use. I tried mixing black with future floor wax, but the stuff is too watery. I think the best thing would be the tinting material cars use for the windows, but I really only need a very small piece. Any suggestions?

BTW somebody posted a pic of a custom mustang that had its headlights tinted. If you could post that again, that'll be great.

Robot mode looks a little akward, but I'm sure that's due to poor transformation.

Otherwise: cooool.... looks like a simplified version of Grimlock's transformation.

Edited by GreenGuy42

I'm sure someone will be happy the hood is being used for the chest this time for Prowl. I'm sure if transformed right it'll look better, something doesn't seem right in that pic. It honestly looks like the legs are backwards. They are styled like Grimlock's, you can see the knee joints, and the flaps for the legs to open up. The knees in this position look like they'll bend forward.

I'm sure I'll really like it once it's transformed right.

This is an RSX? Who makes that? (Not much of a car guy honestly, but I try)

I don't know about this one. Kind of disappointed that the custom prowls that I have seen on ebay look better than this thing. I think the legs look completely wrong but that could be from the mistransformation. His head also looks a bit small compared to the rest of his body. I'll reserve judgement until I see better pics though.

Swerve was a mini-bot. I think he was one of the later ones. He was a repaint/remold of Gears. The Alt Swerve's head is very accurate to the original toy. It's just odd that he went from being a pick up, to being a sports car.

I'm reserving my judgement of Prowl, untill I see pictures that I know are properly transformed.

Dragstrip looks much better than the early test shots.

That's true, but most of the guys that started out as cars have remained relatively the same type of car. Smokscreen is still a race car, and Sideswipe is still a high horse power sports car. Admittedly, Smokscreen and Bluestreak used to be two door sports coupes.

Swerve just seams like a bigger departure from his G1 form, than the other guys that started as vehicles.

I don;t know, now I'm confused. :blink:

That's true, but most of the guys that started out as cars have remained relatively the same type of car. Smokscreen is still a race car, and Sideswipe is still a high horse power sports car. Admittedly, Smokscreen and Bluestreak used to be two door sports coupes.

Swerve just seams like a bigger departure from his G1 form, than the other guys that started as vehicles.

I don;t know, now I'm confused. :blink:

Lol...Jazz got jacked...he went from a Prorsche 935 to a RX-8. :lol:

I just wish they transformed him correctly.

I'll pick this one up though. Finally they made a Prowl.

I'm gonna pass on Ultra Magnus though.......I hope MP-3 isn't Scourge (the black Prime).

I just wish they transformed him correctly.

I'll pick this one up though. Finally they made a Prowl.

I'm gonna pass on Ultra Magnus though.......I hope MP-3 isn't Scourge (the black Prime).

You know what, you may be right. I wouldn't be surprised at all if MP-3 was a black Optimus Prime...

Can't wait for some new alternators to come to Ottawa... I'm getting pretty peeved at all the Hounds and Silverstreaks I keep finding...

My (Alternators) Grimlock's left door keeps popping up. It's easily re-attached, but it's kind of annoying. Is this isolated to me, or does anyone else's do this as well?

It happens to my BT Grimlock as well. :hs:

Even the right elbow joint popped off once or twice.

Honestly. I'm kinda unimpressed with the upcoming Binaltechs........they're just a bunch of repaints and uninspiring cars.

I'm not even sure I wanna pick up Wheeljack.

Alt Prowl: the TF version of Dennis Franz from NYPD Blue. LOL j/k j/k

Seriously, Alt Prowl looks a lil chunky-munky there, but since I like Prowl (and about cried when Prowl died in TF:TM) I'll be picking up this one once it hits the store shelves. I agree though on the general consensus that Alt Prowl just doesn't seem to be TF'ed right. How hard is it to follow *picture* TF instruction sheets?

Based on what I'm seeing/reading here and on other boards, 50% don't like it while the other 50% wanted something like a repainted Silverstreak.

However, if someone was willing to make an actual Silverstreak mod into Prowl (w/ or w/o the BT Prowl head), I'd trade for my RiD loose Rail Racer, loose Ruination, or loose Landfill. Three set complete, all parts. No joke. ^____^

I've seen an actual Mustang GT in BT WJ's colors on the road. Damn sweet, if you ask me. That's another Alt to get.

Alt Prowl: the TF version of Dennis Franz from NYPD Blue. LOL j/k j/k

Seriously, Alt Prowl looks a lil chunky-munky there, but since I like Prowl (and about cried when Prowl died in TF:TM) I'll be picking up this one once it hits the store shelves. I agree though on the general consensus that Alt Prowl just doesn't seem to be TF'ed right. How hard is it to follow *picture* TF instruction sheets?

Based on what I'm seeing/reading here and on other boards, 50% don't like it while the other 50% wanted something like a repainted Silverstreak.

However, if someone was willing to make an actual Silverstreak mod into Prowl (w/ or w/o the BT Prowl head), I'd trade for my RiD loose Rail Racer, loose Ruination, or loose Landfill. Three set complete, all parts. No joke. ^____^

I've seen an actual Mustang GT in BT WJ's colors on the road. Damn sweet, if you ask me. That's another Alt to get.

Uh some one and many other have made a WRX Prowl custom.

Uh the world is turned upside down haha

:lol::lol: That was great.

Here's a shot of Masterpiece Ultra Magnus from Wonderfest

post-26-1109017049_thumb.jpg

i like the prowl if his legs looked alittle better and the doors maybe went on the back like the G-1 version he would look great.

chris