Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I found a Decepticharge at Target today. I was surprised, they had three more, plus a Swerve, two Swindles, and IIRC, a Battle Ravage.

Edit: This one'll stay in 'bot mode, without a doubt, although the plays on the usual rice stickers are pretty amusing, with my favorites being the destron racing fuel/oil. I really with this had been clean, like Windcharger. My buddy's got a yellow s2000, and it's a beautiful car.

Edited by GreenGuy42

Remember T.H.S 02?

OP_1.jpg

Anothe shot of the insides of the container which seems to transform into a service bay for Prime. (ZOMG!!! *faints*)

The back shot shows something new about the transformation. The head lights fold backwards from the arms, and hide the hands in truck mode. Neat idea!

HBS_02_OP.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I have to admit that for the cleverness of the headlights on the arms, it does sort of sour the overall aesthetic. Still, that's a very, very minor nitpick and should in no way keep me from throwing all of my money at this toy.

I am very intersted in this figure the other one released was very nice looking and i will be picking up quite soon. i to am hoping for a Star Scream

WOW me want ! me want ! me want !  :D  any idea how big it is, what`s the name of this category and when it`s going to be released ?

339618[/snapback]

we are not sure how big it is yet, we think it is small. it is the second figure in the T.H.S. series, (transformers hybrid style, i think it stands for) it is also called the H.B.S. 01 (Hy Brid Style) The first being the T.H.S. 01 Galaxy Convoy which was a nice figure but a little on the small side. I am not sure if there is a release date either, i am expecting it to cost about the same as the first one, $5.00 to $60.00. i am very interested in this one as well

Edited by zeo-mare

I was absolutely stunned to find an Alternators Prowl in one of my local Targets. And in North Carolina, no less! I had thought that I would get the Binaltech one since I tend to have a hard time believing that an RSX could be used for an American police car, but this was just too rare to pass up. The paint reminded me so much of the original Prowl - which was the very first Transformer I EVER had. I really, really like this Alternator even though I had thought at first that I would not. Someone's recommended that I mod the legs so that they can be turned around, so I'm going to see if I can find pics of it.

That Optimus Prime up there is absolutely beastly. I'd shell out quite a bit for that thing if it came with the trailer.

*weeps* They screwed up Prime's alt mode, AGAIN! :angry:

I just don't get it. Cab over trucks are not that complex. In fact, they're pretty simple, structurally. How does Takara keep botching it?

339936[/snapback]

I don't think they're "botching it" at all, they're making design decisions.

Convoy's bot mode is more iconic than his cab mode... so more attention is going to be placed there to make it anime accurate... this means that his cab mode is going to suffer... trailer hitch too long, fuel tanks too small.

I actually don't mind this at all. Convoy is big bot that turns into a truck, not a truck that turns into a bot. :p

I'm actually talking about the front part of the cab. The part that makes it look like a truck. They're botching it, They're botching it bad. A transformer without an alt mode is little better than a gundam. This Prime does not turn into a truck. It turns into a mangled box on wheels.

The bad part is that the biggest fix would be so simple to implement in the design. They just need to move the damn windshield back. It should not be sticking out past grill and headlights. It's possible to give him two good modes. They're just not trying.

I need a ticket to Japan, and a large stick. Or maybe, a bent gold baseball bat....

even though for its size it does look good, remember that if it is anything like the other THS-01 it is no bigger then a gundam fix figure, in fact the other ones core Prime was only a little bit bigger then a HCM-pro figure, and for the way it looked it was quite a impressive feat. for the size that it is there will most likely be sacrifices made but so far even with those little flaws it looks fantastic. here is that link again that shows its size, if they can make one like this that looks this good i will defiently get it.

http://pony-hp.web.infoseek.co.jp/THS-GALAXYCONVOY.htm

Chris

Edit: added link

Edited by zeo-mare

I'm actually talking about the front part of the cab. The part that makes it look like a truck. They're botching it, They're botching it bad. A transformer without an alt mode is little better than a gundam. This Prime does not turn into a truck. It turns into a mangled box on wheels.

The bad part is that the biggest fix would be so simple to implement in the design. They just need to move the damn windshield back. It should not be sticking out past grill and headlights. It's possible to give him two good modes. They're just not trying.

I need a ticket to Japan, and a large stick. Or maybe, a bent gold baseball bat....

339942[/snapback]

hmm, on the MPC and on this one the windows are right in line with the grill which is what to my untrained eye one of those cabs looks like.... am I missing something?

only if you roll around on gold skates. :p

I don't find any "fugly" problems with the alt mode either. There are minor changes like the mentioned hands and the gap, but nothing i'd bitch about. Regardless, I'm really liking the extra detail especially the container.

I was absolutely stunned to find an Alternators Prowl in one of my local Targets.

339806[/snapback]

I had the same feeling last night at Shopko. My son (and I) ALWAYS wants to be in the toy section, and I just happened to look down and there he was. Along with a Wheeljack, two Swindles and a Grimlock. I'm really liking Prowl's color scheme and design too.

EDIT: If anyone needs any of the ones I listed (other than Prowl) let me know and I'll go see if it's still there.

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

339942[/snapback]

hmm, on the MPC and on this one the windows are right in line with the grill which is what to my untrained eye one of those cabs looks like.... am I missing something?

only if you roll around on gold skates. :p

339952[/snapback]

The grill should be just in front of, or flush with the windshield section, but the headlight sections should also be flush with windshield area. Every picture I've seen of MP Prime, has the windshield sticking out past the grill. HBS Prime has the same problem. I've seen enough cab overs for that to drive me absolutely nuts, when I look at these things. They just keep adding shapes and angles, where none belong.

I think I see where greyryder is coming from, and this is an understandable point of view. Greyreyder sees a grand oppurtunity for takara to make a highly realistic alt mode, to make up for the fact that MP-01 prime's alt mode was not totally accurate. Now its been said that focus was on the figure mode rather than the robot, and it is not in scale with alternators no matter how close anyone thinks it is.

Its understandable though, David is the same way with trucks and planes! And he did comment on this way back when MP-01 first came out a year or so back.

Me I am happy as long as both modes are "believable" and not totally unbelieveable in one mode. Like energon starscream, I thought he would be awesome, his robot mode certainly is, but man as an F-22, some things are just OFF, I don't care if this toy was meant for 5 year olds, but vertical stabilizers on that thing are TINY! Nonetheless he is still worthbuying and I can overlook the smallness, but it is a dissapointment to an otherwise awesome homage.

Meh.  Energon Starscream was a fiddly piece of clear-plasticed crap.... go buy the Cybertron one and drool over TWW.

340259[/snapback]

Actually, the second version of the US Energon Starscream looks pretty cool too. No clear blue plastic, however.

I have the 2nd version., I do like it but I really wanted to have a clear cockpit, it seemed half assed with an opaque canopy, especially when they already were using clear orange plastic on the later decepticon energons.

The mold itself on both releases and has tiny tailfins, had those been bigger and had the plane been slimmer I would have liked it more. Overall the toy it is based on(smokejumper) I believe is the superior release but nonetheless I still think it is a mustbuy for any starscream fan and energon fans, it is definitely one of the best releases in energon.

And I will get cybertron starscream with the TRU 2 pack/

Any more MP's coming out? I thought Megatron would be next.

340631[/snapback]

right now there is no new Master Pieces coming out for the Trandformers line, if i recall the next one is from a differnet series (whose name seems to elude me at this time) so it seems that the MP is not reserved to just transformers. oh by the way i see you are new here, welcome to the site. i hope you enjoy your time here.

chris.

Edited by zeo-mare

I like the look of that hybrid style G1 convoy but I can't help but feel the cab mode is a little short changed. The gap between his shoulders and the visible robot waist annoy me a bit. He seems more like a miniature masterpiece prime with a trailer (the trailer is hell cool tho) rather than a updated G1 prime. In early G1 and even in the Alt/Binaltech line the emphasis is on accurate alt modes whereas understandably in the masterpiece line its about anime accuracy for the bot mode. All things considered I like it and its quite cool for such a small toy but if its going to be more like MP prime than G1 prime why doesn't takara just make a fully sized transformable trailer for MP prime!?

The Vader one doesn't look all that bad, but the others are just wrong. My kid would love them since he's in to both.

341150[/snapback]

into is one word, in to is incorrect. :rolleyes:

341377[/snapback]

oh lordy that's a bit rude now isn't it?

let the man be, this here ain't GrammarWorld. <_<

and as long as we're being all anal about this; we capitalize the first word of our sentences don't we now?

oh lordy that's a bit rude now isn't it?

let the man be, this here ain't GrammarWorld.  <_<

and as long as we're being all anal about this; we capitalize the first word of our sentences don't we now?

341418[/snapback]

There is nothing "rude" about correcting someone's mistakes. It is all in how you do it, and he did a fine job. No capitalization is sloppy, but using the wrong word changes the meaning of a statement.

You don't have to be on a grammar forum to care about using the right words.