Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

For those of you who live in the east SF Bay Area, I have some good news. Day before yesterday a friend of mine(doesn't collect TF's) went into a local Target to kill time while his tires were mounted on his truck and he ended up finding a Windcharger and a Swindle for me. :) To top that off, today he and his girlfriend were near Pleasanton and they ended up going into Target. While there the same friend found a Grimlock, Ravage, Swindle and Windcharger. :D I am going to his place tomorrow to pick up my Grimlock and Ravage.

The bottom line is that if you live in or around the Bay Area, this might be a "Prime" time to check out the local Target's. It seems like Target stores are restocked.

post-26-1108065249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkfan

By the way, I recently found Windcharger and noticed that his knees don't bend. However, I found that he does have a knee joint. I'm wondering if my Windcharger is just extremely stiff or maybe needs a slight modification to make the knees poseable. Here are a few pictures of his knee joint.

Mine has that problem on one leg. One bends though. :(

So far I have Sideswipe, Hound, Silverstreak, Jazz and Grimlock.

Still waiting for Smokescreen (BT-08) with the shoulder Cannon, Tracks, Windcharger and Wheeljack. will definitely get Prowl (Acura RSX) and the still mystery Mitsubishi. still debating wether to get the Masterpice Optimus Prime.

Will pass on the Decepticons they just don't feel rigth.

I do hope they decide to release Sunstreaker (Yellow Viper SRT with Black Trim) down the line since according to the storyline the bad guys stole the bodies destined for Sunstreak and Trailbraker and implanted Dead End and Swindle on them. :angry: .

Gus

Edited by garoquel

I didnt notice before in the proto pics, but this is NOT a Z06. It doesnt have the rear brake ducts and the rims are regular corvette rims.

Good thing Takara/Hasbro's paying attention to detail this time. Dead End was completely wrong in terms of accuracy.

BTW, Solscud007, I thought you were gonna slap on Commemorative stripes on your Tracks.

I didnt notice before in the proto pics, but this is NOT a Z06. It doesnt have the rear brake ducts and the rims are regular corvette rims.

Good thing Takara/Hasbro's paying attention to detail this time. Dead End was completely wrong in terms of accuracy.

BTW, Solscud007, I thought you were gonna slap on Commemorative stripes on your Tracks.

Yeah i had th idea first haha. Im still waiting for my decals from Monogram. Think I might go with reprolabes. Cause I hate water decals.

Yeah, I had the idea first haha. Im still waiting for my decals from Monogram. Think I might go with reprolabels. Cause I hate water decals.

I wouldn't go for the Reprolabels version, as it's inaccurate. Just order the decals from Revell instead - it should take no more than 10 days to ship.

Yeah i had th idea first haha. Im still waiting for my decals from Monogram. Think I might go with reprolabes. Cause I hate water decals.

funny thing about Bibaltech "dead end" look at the head

if you paint him "yellow" he has more of a resemblance to

sunstreaker?

what do you think?

Yeah, I had the idea first haha. Im still waiting for my decals from Monogram. Think I might go with reprolabels. Cause I hate water decals.

I wouldn't go for the Reprolabels version, as it's inaccurate. Just order the decals from Revell instead - it should take no more than 10 days to ship.

Oh, and BTW, Nick, where in the original thread did it say you had the idea of a Z06 CE Tracks first? :p

"It ain't braggin' if you do it and you back it up." - Kid Rock

Oh, and BTW, Nick, where in the original thread did it say you had the idea of a Z06 CE Tracks first? :p

"It ain't braggin' if you do it and you back it up." - Kid Rock

haha I never mentioned it. Its just when I saw pics of the Comme. Corvette I wanted to do it. thats all. I already planned it before you posted pics haha. But procrastinated. Doesnt matter anyway

This is wack man...I'm seeing all these newer Alternators pop up on Ebay. Where do they pick them up from?? I've traveled to all my local Targets, Walmarts, etc...and I can't find squat. :angry:

You pretty much just answered your own question; scalpers just buy them up in ridiculously large amounts, and sell em off on ebay, leaving the "shelfwarmers" to sit there and rot.

Yes, scalpers suck.

Finally got a Grimlock last week. Anybody else find it really difficult to transform without the doors falling off? :blink:

yup... I pretty much leave grimlock in bot mode for that reason... that and I'm afraid his "spine" is just going to snap one of these days... thinking about picking up another one just to leave in car mode.

This is wack man...I'm seeing all these newer Alternators pop up on Ebay. Where do they pick them up from?? I've traveled to all my local Targets, Walmarts, etc...and I can't find squat. :angry:

You pretty much just answered your own question; scalpers just buy them up in ridiculously large amounts, and sell em off on ebay, leaving the "shelfwarmers" to sit there and rot.

Yes, scalpers suck.

Lol...I guess I spoke too soon. I went to my local Target today to kill some time...and what do I see? I got Ravage, Grimlock, Swindle, and Windcharger. They still have some left...but barely. I guess the scalpers got to them early. <_<

Finally got a Grimlock last week. Anybody else find it really difficult to transform without the doors falling off? :blink:

yup... I pretty much leave grimlock in bot mode for that reason... that and I'm afraid his "spine" is just going to snap one of these days... thinking about picking up another one just to leave in car mode.

Not me, once I learned to stop pulling at the arms, and keeping the doors out the way during transformation I stopped having any trouble with parts falling off, except occaissionally the bottom plate.

Picked up a 2-pack of Energon toys from Walmart for $10 today, got Starscream and Rodimus. They're alright, I'm not married to either of them, but they're alright. I'm just wondering if I should've gotten a pack that had ones that could combine, they had Prowl there too. These are my first Energons, and my first non-Alt TFs since G2. Rodimus is really simple to transform, and Starscream is just a larger mold of the old Smokescreen that came with Dreadwing. Granted, I liked Smokescreen, but I expected more. I guess for ten bucks I can't really complain though.

They haven't restocked Alternators here since before Christmas. It's odd, sightings are coming in from all over, within the last week or so.

Have things been picking up on any of your ends?

Alternators are sort of being restocked in Ottawa, but only the older releases, Hound, Silverstreak etc.

Some of the newer Energon figures have come in though, so I suppose it isn't too bad. But I really really want to get some new alternators, I caved last week and picked up a Binaltech Grimlock. One cool figure.