Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Never was a big TF fan...always liked the toys far more then the story/characters/whatever...

anyway I just picked up a silver mustang alternator today (grimlock? never can remember thier names)...so far I've got the blue Suburu WRX, viper, Corvette, Jeep, and now this 'stang...overall I'm a bit let down by this alternator line, just way more complex then they need to be...getting the stangs head to pop out was a pain, plus the doors kept falling off when trying to transform him :p..the car body shells on the legs of the vette are damn annoying, keep thinking I'll break something. Overall I think the jeep is the best...but the stang looks the best in bot mode.

The RX-8 is out, but I don't think I'll buy it...looks like they basied it on the WRX mold :p

Im getting all the Autobots, I prefer plastic since Die Cast is too heavy plus the are way too expensive ($45-$50+ if you order from HLJ plus another $10 for shipping and handling it's about $60) now with those 60 dollars I can go to Target and get 3 alternators... or go to Wal-Mart and get 4 ($15 each) and they are just as nice, and they dont chip.

here's the link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.g...rs&ics=20&ico=0

as far as Decepticon cars I'm not too crazy about them.

anyways thats my two cents.

Gus

Is there a site that compares alt versions to binaltech versions. From what I understand, the first binaltech had a lot of diecast in it. Since then, the diecast has been going down. Personally, I like diecast metal and like the weight it puts on to a toy. Anybody here want to tackle the differences between the two versions on each one of the releases?

Transformer Hybrid Style HBS-01 Galaxy Convoy

ï½¥Takara product

ï½¥From the Transformer

ï½¥Hybrid Style Series

ï½¥Die-cast is luxuriously used for the whole body

-Freely poseable in 50 places or more movable parts!

-Full coloring of the whole body!

-Complete transformation & complete union/combining is reproduced!

-Three sets of different hands can be attached, substituted for equipping weapons & poseability!

ï½¥The total height is about 12cm

here are some chinese Binaltech / alternator Knock Off's:

http://www1.easyupdateweb.com/model/new_si...06&intOrderBy=1

its a Celica & a Land Cruiser, both in 1:18 Scale, the Celica looks good the Land Cruiser is a little bit of overkill.

theyre made by a company called HAPPY WELL in Honk Kong they also make Knock-Offs of the robomachines from Brave King Gaogaigar.

post-26-1107407721_thumb.gif

its a Celica & a Land Cruiser, both in 1:18 Scale, the Celica looks good the Land Cruiser is a little bit of overkill.

theyre made by a company called HAPPY WELL in Honk Kong they also make Knock-Offs of the robomachines from Brave King Gaogaigar.

where cna i buy the gaogaigar knock offs

I thought that was a Supra instead of Celica?

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT CUSTOMIZING ALTERNATOR TRACKS, PLEASE READ!

Hello all. Recently, I decided to customize my Alternator Tracks into the Commemorative Edition. After applying the decals on the car shell I decided to remove the red paint from the seats to make it more like the real Commemorative Edition car. After taking the seats out, I used a Q-tip dipped in paint thinner to remove the paint but after a minute or two the seats began to fall apart at the hinge? The bad part is the the hing is the only thing holding the roof of the car to the rest of its body. I have never dropped this item and I didn't use something as harsh as paint REMOVER but it still fell apart. ONCE AGAIN, EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WITH THE SEATS, BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY FRAGILE.

RJ

post-26-1107416766_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkfan

Holy crap! I knew that Goo Gone would attack the clear plastic in TFs, but I never thought that paint thinner would dissolve the regular parts.

Just for future reference. Rubbing alcohol (I use 91%) will take most paint off of Transformers, and not harm the plastic. Some paint takes more work, than others.

Im getting all the Autobots, I prefer plastic since Die Cast is too heavy plus the are way too expensive ($45-$50+ if you order from HLJ plus another $10 for shipping and handling it's about $60) now with those 60 dollars I can go to Target and get 3 alternators... or go to Wal-Mart and get 4 ($15 each) and they are just as nice, and they dont chip.

here's the link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.g...rs&ics=20&ico=0

as far as Decepticon cars I'm not too crazy about them.

anyways thats my two cents.

Gus

Thanks for sharing the link. Dang, I would have liked to have gotten Tracks for $15.00. I guess that I will have to make more trips to Walmart or Target to see if I can find him on the shelf.

The Landcruiser is actually just a partial bootleg of Energon Ironhide ;)

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT CUSTOMIZING ALTERNATOR TRACKS, PLEASE READ!

Hello all. Recently, I decided to customize my Alternator Tracks into the Commemorative Edition. After applying the decals on the car shell I decided to remove the red paint from the seats to make it more like the real Commemorative Edition car. After taking the seats out, I used a Q-tip dipped in paint thinner to remove the paint but after a minute or two the seats began to fall apart at the hinge? The bad part is the the hing is the only thing holding the roof of the car to the rest of its body. I have never dropped this item and I didn't use something as harsh as paint REMOVER but it still fell apart. ONCE AGAIN, EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WITH THE SEATS, BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY FRAGILE.

RJ

Damn, that's corrosive. What kind of paint thinner did you use? I used Testors Brush Cleaner to wipe off any overspray on my Tracks and had no problem.

As for the seats, all I did was paint over the red. I have no problems transforming Tracks with the seats painted black.

wow that tracks really got F'ed up, remind me never to try that on it.

I am sorry for your loss

chris

I'm currently doing an Alt. Diaclone Bluestreak. When I painted him the wrong shade of blue, I used a brand of Paint stripper called Scalecoat 2 paint remover. I've been using it for 10 years and it's never screwed up any plastic parts. Paint thinner will melt plastic especially when you let it sit on the plastic.

as well as this, the company do a mitsubishi Evo 7 and toyota MR2. I saw them at the london Toy Fair last week.

as well as this, the company do a mitsubishi Evo 7 and toyota MR2. I saw them at the london Toy Fair last week.

really can you find pics please?

RJ

Damn, that's corrosive. What kind of paint thinner did you use? I used Testors Brush Cleaner to wipe off any overspray on my Tracks and had no problem.

As for the seats, all I did was paint over the red. I have no problems transforming Tracks with the seats painted black.

I used Testors Paint Thinner to remove the red paint. I do want to clarify that the reason the plastic looks melted is because I tried to glue it back together with Krazy Glue. The seats(where the metal hinge is located) actually broke into 5 pieces on one side and 3 pieces on the other side. I'm wondering if it's a combination of inferior plastic + a possible weakening of it(plastic) when the metal bar is pushed in place on the assembly line. The reason I say this is because the plastic didn't seem to stretch apart but actually fractured like a puzzle with very little pressure appled by the Q-tip. I am now thinking of just painting them black when I acquire a new one.

Hey areaseven, how did you cut the water slide decal to fit around the raised Corvette emblem on the rear of the car? I had to cut the hood decal to fit correctly and I found the roof decal a little small but the back emblem presented a real problem to cut around. Did you make some sort of a template? If so, what did you use for this?

post-26-1107545147_thumb.jpg

Ravage is out already? i stopped looking altitle while ago because all of the TRU around here still had just Smokescreen and Sideswipe. please post pics and a reveiw if you can.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

my stores havent gotten anything besides silverstreak, they breifly had hound, tracks, and deadend but nobody had had meister or grimlock yet, what gives?

I've heard that carrying in new shipments of Alternators has been left up to individual stores. Mine choose not to carry them.

From big bad toystore

"RE-ISSUE #18 SOUNDBLASTER: We've learned that Soundblaster will come

with

not one, but two cassettes! Ravage and Buzzsaw will be included with

Soundblaster so you'll get 3 very desirable transformers in just one

box! We also have the repainted 'Cobalt Sentry' cassettes available

for

pre-order. #18 Soundblaster should arrive in about 4 weeks!"

My Girlfriend loves me!!!! Last night, we went to target looking for the new Battle Ravage. She went back this morning while I was at work to get valentine's day presents like a stuffed heart shaped pillow and devil bear.. My workday ended shitty having to stay late an hour and a hlaf and no overtime. Hate Salary for that. Anyway,

She got me TWO RAVAGES!!!!!!!

post-26-1107587494_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Hey areaseven, how did you cut the water slide decal to fit around the raised Corvette emblem on the rear of the car? I had to cut the hood decal to fit correctly and I found the roof decal a little small but the back emblem presented a real problem to cut around. Did you make some sort of a template? If so, what did you use for this?

Well, it was a matter of precision. While the trunk decal was still fresh, I used an X-ACTO knife to carefully cut around the emblem.