1/48 VF1 Recast

jadefalconguard

I can't think of anything right now but before and after the fix pictures would definatelyhelp. I'm pretty sure the current molds are shot since it has pulled 2-3 runs already. We can fix the masters and get better molds made.

Everyone who wants on on MW will get "hooked up" if the project is a go. :D

Anyone hear from Neova lately about this?? Was the project to fix the UD Masters and cast new kits abandoned or did I miss something?? Cause I would'nt mind at all getting "hooked up" with at least 2 UD VF-1s... I really hope this project happens :unsure:

I just finished disassembling my other 1/48 UD. Im going to make it the rarely seen max 1S. Does anyone know if Devin makes a sheet of true Dyrl decals? The ones that came with the Gsystem one dont have all the stencils and smaller markings like the skulls for the tails and the Skull squadron emblem that go behind the cockpit. You can see that in the movie during his fight with millia.

Im combining the leftovers from the Gsystem kit with the ClubM one i already have. so far the fit is great.

Last time I heard from him via PM that he mentioned that he needs 15 orders before the project takes off. I think he has at least 7 or 8 so far. PM or email him if you are interested.   :)

I e-mailed him (or PM'ed, can't remember) last week about this but received no reply thus far, hense my question of whether or not someone had heard from him lately (he hasn't posted on MW in a while), maybe he's on vacation or something, or figured out he's not a Macross fan anymore :o:rolleyes::p;) . I'll send another PM but if someone close to Neova can get him to contact me I would appreciate it B)).

edti: fixed some gibberrish

Edited by Viceland

Actually, I think Neova wants to approach G-System about letting him fix their UD masters and get them to make new molds so new kits can be made available (especially to us :D ). The actual casting would be handled by G-System, thanks to efforts made by Neova.

Edited by Viceland

but will this reproduction be the same as them? i have the seen the Hobbyfan one but isnt this a slight upgraded?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

• 3 weeks later...

Now for the next step : adding the slats. The first dry runs showed that the copper guides are again to large and they portrude extremely far out. Guess I'll need to scratchbuild some new guides for the slats.

Besides this little hick up the slats themselves are extremely wrapped and twisted to all sides so I'll have to straighten them out B))

Once these are all done I'll be painting the insides red as will the inside of the fowler flaps.

Till then, please let me know what you guys think so far

G.

awesome pictures, isnt working with resin fun :rolleyes:

chris

:p Now I can straiten out my wrapped pieces in the morning between my two boiled eggs.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looking great man. You should try taking the pics in natural light it may enhance the quality and show off details too. It helps with darker subjects.

Sean

:lol: Those were in daylight. Just got a crappy camera and I can't decide between a new camera or a Resin kit from an ATLAS battlemech from Armorcast. BUT i also used my old reflex. See if I can scan in some pictures

Ah i see what you mean now. Looks like all you actually need is filler light coming from the other side to balance the contrast from the sunlight. I had that same problem taking pics of my monster.

@ HWR MkII : :huh: please do enlighten me :D I searched like h#ll but I couldn't find what you mean..... Do you mean the truster exit port behind the canopy ?There was an option for a round vanes piece or a truster piece. It thought it looked cooler with the exhaust. But then again, I'm not sure if that's what you mean.....

Plesa don't keep me in suspense :lol:

Its a small piece not even 1/4 inch on each side and fits in the flat spot in the wedge shaped depression. It took me a bit to find too both times i built the kit. If my camera had better focus id take a pic but i cant so ill give you the part nimber for the photoetch fret to see if you can find it there. Its part E17 and is shown on the part list. Funny though it isnt in the instructions for this kit as an option just in the old club M ones.

yup #E17 is the one. You glued it in the cockpit? :o it actually goes under the access door i only found out after studying ALOT of pics of the kit and the instructions. That was 2 years ago when i built my first one(which came apart perfectly)cant wait to do a Max DYRL? 1S in maintenance. Taking a break right now and finishing a model of my actual car.

Edited by HWR MKII

B)) Cool, it isn't installed yet........ I'm still deciding if I'm going to use the inboard ladder or a spare from an F-15 kit. It's kind of need with the F15 stair. Oh well, choices, choises. I spend more time deciding wich option to install or open up then to actually build the model :D

Thhx for the assist HWR Mk II. One day we'll have to make a groupshot B))