Godzilla's collection of 1/48s

Godzilla

I could learn some storage skills from you! For the amount of stuff in your place, you sure have found an efficient way to make the most of what little storage space is available. Hell, I only have 3 yammies and about a dozen other toys/models/display pieces, but I have trouble finding room for all of them and their boxes :)

I'm blind! :blink::blink: ...I have gazed upon Godzilla's macross shrine and now I can't see. BTW, what are you going to do with all that stuff, open your own toy store or museum some day?

Damn, I'm sooooooo jealous. :ph34r:

It buuuuuurns... :ph34r:

AHHHH!!!...

Hehe... sooOOooOOoo... Godzilla, who do you want me to kill? :blink:

Haha... anyways, seriously. Crazy collection. Very nice. Signs of a true Macross fan. ;)

I could learn some storage skills from you!  For the amount of stuff in your place, you sure have found an efficient way to make the most of what little storage space is available.  Hell, I only have 3 yammies and about a dozen other toys/models/display pieces, but I have trouble finding room for all of them and their boxes :)

Probably your question was directed to Godzilla but I'll answer it anyways. I keep all the plastic trays stacked in one box and the cardboard boxes flattened in another. Those boxes are pretty big to house all of them. I've managed to keep most of all the Yamato and Bandai re-issues in one closet space.

For my opened ones, I threw the palstic tray out for some of them. I just folded the boxes and tuck them under my bed or in the corners between my dresser. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d is right about stacking those trays. you save room that way.

And Yamato still dares to say their macross line is not worth their time ???? HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT :rolleyes:

After seeing your collection they surely have absolutelly no excuses not to do every single mecha in the macross universe.

On a side note ; are you sure you´re not some kind of caribean drug lord or something ?

seriously , where the heck do you get all that money from , knowing you can buy every single toy you want to must be VERY VERY nice.

And Yamato still dares to say their macross line is not worth their time ???? HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT :rolleyes:

After seeing your collection they surely have absolutelly no excuses not to do every single mecha in the macross universe.

On a side note ; are you sure you´re not some kind of caribean drug lord or something ?

seriously , where the heck do you get all that money from , knowing you can buy every single toy you want to must be VERY VERY nice.

No I am not a drug lord. Just that I work for a company that is able to pay me OT and last year's bonuses was very nice indeed. :D All I did was change focus on collecting. I collected Joes before and so I quit because I had everything I wanted till now... damn hasbro for releasing the real Oktober guard. :angry: And I am collecting reissues of TF gen 1s as well. Dont care for the BTs or armada. Oh yeah I stopped collecting comics as well since the stories suck like the GI Joe. I am trying to slow down now but dammit I see good bargains everywhere.

And Yamato still dares to say their macross  line is not worth their time  ???? HAHAHA YEAH  RIGHT  :rolleyes:

No I am not a drug lord. Just that I work for a company that is able to pay me OT and last year's bonuses was very nice indeed. :D All I did was change focus on collecting. I collected Joes before and so I quit because I had everything I wanted till now... damn hasbro for releasing the real Oktober guard. :angry: And I am collecting reissues of TF gen 1s as well. Dont care for the BTs or armada. Oh yeah I stopped collecting comics as well since the stories suck like the GI Joe. I am trying to slow down now but dammit I see good bargains everywhere.

I couldn't help but ask you this Godzilla, you don't by chance work for e-machine do you? (or currently Gateway). *Just curious*

L,.

And Yamato still dares to say their macross  line is not worth their time  ???? HAHAHA YEAH  RIGHT  :rolleyes:

I couldn't help but ask you this Godzilla, you don't by chance work for e-machine do you? (or currently Gateway). *Just curious*

L,.

I work for Tecplot, Inc. I work here as a Test Engineer and Tech support backup. I am also the CD protype burner and backup network admin. It is when we have product releases, I work my hell of hours. 6 months I was working 65-70 hours on average for the 1st Tecplot v10 release. I like working here because the ppl are great unlike my former place of employment Mediapassage.com (now defunct) and contracting at Microsoft.

Married? Kids?

Seriously, I understand the urge, but necessary or not, Why collect so many multiples? Investment? Can't think of any other reason besides insanity or obsession of the clinical order...

If you ever find the urge to want to help a humble fan complete his own collection, I've got one of every 1/48 except the low viz. Hook up a brother?

:Dat

I think the Yamato valkyries are awesome. I think Godzilla's collection is impressive in its size, although I do suspect some form of OCD creeping around the back of his brain, but hey, we're humans. We all have disorders of some sort. :))

While I don't judge Godzilla for his massive collection (I have a bunch of toys myself) it caused me to think about attrition.

Good food is made better with spice.

If the information below offends you, ask yourself why.

It's the truth, and its purpose is intended to make you think. Last time I heard, thinking was good for you.

At present, 3 billion people live on less than $2 per day while 1.3 billion get by on less than $1 per day. Seventy percent of those living on less than $1 per day are women. With global population expanding 80 million per year, World Bank President James D. Wolfensohn cautions that, unless we address "the challenge of inclusion," 30 years hence we will have 5 billion people living on less than $2 per day.

* Two billion people worldwide now suffer from anemia, including 55 million in industrial countries. Given current trends in population growth and prosperity-hoarding, three decades from now we could have a world in which 3.7 billion people are anemic.

* These related phenomena led UN development experts to observe that the world is heading toward "grotesque inequalities," concluding: "Development that perpetuates today's inequalities is neither sustainable nor worth sustaining."

Interesting, no?

I'm going home to take some pics of some recently imported Japanese toys. I could have spent that money helping others, but I didn't. I spent it on me. I have no justification, and I sleep very well at night.

But the above made me think about the kind of beings we humans are.

Peace. :)

Married? Kids?

Seriously, I understand the urge, but necessary or not, Why collect so many multiples? Investment? Can't think of any other reason besides insanity or obsession of the clinical order...

If you ever find the urge to want to help a humble fan complete his own collection, I've got one of every 1/48 except the low viz. Hook up a brother?

Bingo! Not married and no kids. My parents want that to be different. :rolleyes: They want me to stop collecting and playing video games. They want to start looking for a wife. Frankly at my age, I think it is over for me. Hence why I enjoy myself. ;) Besides who wants to be with a guy like me who collects this stuff?

Hey man, it's never over, my uncle got married at 42. You're not over 42... are you?!?

I still play games, I still collect, but no where near your capacity. Believe me when I say chicks are better than toys... But I do have to say, you need to get off the gaming thing, I've got bussines who will never marry cuz they game too much and don't spend any time on real life.

You're Godzilla, man! Go find yourself a life partner and make your parents happy. They gave you life, they deserve it!!!

And again, hoook a brother up with that low viz action...

Edited by DatterBoy

I could learn some storage skills from you!  For the amount of stuff in your place, you sure have found an efficient way to make the most of what little storage space is available.  Hell, I only have 3 yammies and about a dozen other toys/models/display pieces, but I have trouble finding room for all of them and their boxes :)

Probably your question was directed to Godzilla but I'll answer it anyways. I keep all the plastic trays stacked in one box and the cardboard boxes flattened in another. Those boxes are pretty big to house all of them. I've managed to keep most of all the Yamato and Bandai re-issues in one closet space.

Damn, that's a great idea. Granted, I have only three Yammies, but still, it would save some space. Thanks for the tip!

Married?  Kids?

Seriously, I understand the urge, but necessary or not, Why collect so many multiples?  Investment?  Can't think of any other reason besides insanity or obsession of the clinical order...

If you ever find the urge to want to help a humble fan complete his own collection, I've got one of every 1/48 except the low viz.  Hook up a brother?

Bingo! Not married and no kids. My parents want that to be different. :rolleyes: They want me to stop collecting and playing video games. They want to start looking for a wife. Frankly at my age, I think it is over for me. Hence why I enjoy myself. ;) Besides who wants to be with a guy like me who collects this stuff?

Mate , give yourself a chance. When you get your first baby you´ll know it´s worth x100000000000000 times more than any of your 1/48s.

When that time comes into your life I´ll be there as a friend , as fellow MW member and also but not less important , as an incredibly happy bastard that´s running at 180 km/h in his white van with $7000 worth of valkyries in his way to mexico so as to not get muerdered by a very angry Godzilla that just noticed he spent too much time with his wife+kid to hear when I took all his colection away :lol::D:p

Just j/k , yeah I know . I´ve got a lot of imagination :)

Married?  Kids?

Seriously, I understand the urge, but necessary or not, Why collect so many multiples?  Investment?  Can't think of any other reason besides insanity or obsession of the clinical order...

If you ever find the urge to want to help a humble fan complete his own collection, I've got one of every 1/48 except the low viz.  Hook up a brother?

I know I might sound like a broken record (cause I've posted this before on MW), but don't sell yourself short. I hate to see fellow geeks down on themselves when it comes to relationships. Especially as people grow into their mid-to-late 20s they gain a new respect for those qualities that make you more desirable than the next guy. You've got a good job and you're obviously stable. You have no idea how much you already have going for you. Trust me, I'm a geek in my late 20's and I date regularly.

You're the man Godzilla...never let anyone tell you differently :)

There's a balance achieved in the way things work out...as long as you do what you want to do that'll do you good.

Two years ago when I met my girlfriend, I told her that I still buy and build "toys." She's fine with it, and said that as long as it keeps me happy and her happy.

But she does disagree with me in bidding on ebay for a $300 + 1/48 low viz. I'm bidding on a couple of them anyway, but I know I'll lose.

You figured I would have just "paid now" for a 1/48 Low Vis after dropping $13K last night on a new Apple G5 and Adobe programs...

...and I still don't have a Low Viz. :)

So hey, it's your thang, do what you want to do...as long as it keeps you happy, safe and dry..and your loved ones too!

But uh, once more, great collection man! Now I'm saving for that solitaire ring...and lastly for a house...geez luiz.

Well, I'm not doing too badly then. I'm only 20 yrs old, at uni and casual lab tech, and I am going to graduate this year. He should be eons ahead of me, not just scraping by :p. Cummon old man! Bring it on! :lol:

Edited by kensei

Mate , give yourself a chance. When you get your first baby you´ll know it´s worth x100000000000000 times more than any of your 1/48s.

I'll second that. When you hold your baby in your arms for the first time, all those toys suddenly seem far less important.

I know I certainly spend far less time and money on toys than I used to since my baby was born.

Graham

Godzilla, let's have less of this defeatist talk. You can have your cake and eat it too :D ! There are plenty of chicks out there who can accept their man collecting toys.

I'm sure you can find a girl who will accept you for who you are. Just look at how many married members we have on these forums who are toy/model/anime nuts and still collect after marriage.

Without meaning to state the obvious too much, the trick is to get out and start meeting people. Working 60-70 hour weeks and/or spending all your free time playing video games is not the best way to meet girls :lol:. You gotta put yourself in some sort of social situation (clubs/sports/classes etc) where you can meet new people.

Graham

Bingo! Not married and no kids.  My parents want that to be different.  :rolleyes:  They want me to stop collecting and playing video games. They want to start looking for a wife.  Frankly at my age, I think it is over for me.  Hence why I enjoy myself.  ;) Besides who wants to be with a guy like me who collects this stuff?

Godzilla, let's have less of this defeatist talk. You can have your cake and eat it too :D ! There are plenty of chicks out there who can accept their man collecting toys.

I'm sure you can find a girl who will accept you for who you are. Just look at how many married members we have on these forums who are toy/model/anime nuts and still collect after marriage.

Without meaning to state the obvious too much, the trick is to get out and start meeting people. Working 60-70 hour weeks and/or spending all your free time playing video games is not the best way to meet girls :lol:. You gotta put yourself in some sort of social situation (clubs/sports/classes etc) where you can meet new people.

Graham

Yep, try to find a balance, if you haven't already. The easiest way for people like me and you? Anime Clubs. Simple huh?

When you get your first baby you´ll know it´s worth x100000000000000 times more than any of your 1/48s.

Well, it will definitely cost you a helluva lot more. The surest way to drain a bank account for the rest of your life is to have children. I say adopt a few 17 year old kids, claim 'em as dependents for the next year, then kick 'em outta your house when they turn 18 and use the cash from the tax break to buy more toys! I don't know how I come up with these awesome plans!?

that Yamato on display in front of the SOC Yamato box is not the same one is it? it looks tiny as hell.

chris

edit: never mind i posted at the same time you posted that last pic and now have seen the full pic of it.

Nope. The BPX-01 is in its box. The small Yamato and Andromeda is from Museum of Leiji Matsumoto DX series. BTW I am still looking for a EDF battleship.

:o Godzilla, you have an impression. Dang, for the time and money you have invested, I hope you have insurance as a precaution.

The BPX-01 is a bit large than the MoLM DX Andromeda and Yamato.

andromedatwoyamatoes4rg.jpg

And by EDF battleships, I assume you mean the MoLM version?

edfbattleships4bl.jpg

Harking the words of my fellow MW board members, socializing does take work, but it is worth it. I work a night shift, but I try to work at getting together with friends and other people through social organizations. ;)