Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

The hobby store at my place is the country's official HT distributor, so if there's any chance I might be able to get a Tumbler, it'll be through the store. BTW, the forum I linked to is also an online shop--it takes international orders, too. Just go to the homepage, and you can check out some of the stuff that's up for pre-order. Alas, neither the Tumbler nor the Keaton Batmobile are available yet.

Not sure about Sideshow, though.

BTW, what, are these HK ebayers triads or something? How'd they their hands on a product that's not even released yet?

Edited by GU-11

Dont know but it says on hand already. I got to admit my collection is not close to those in that forum. I know exo warned me about jumping into the hot toys, but the more I look at those figs the more I want them. I showed them to the wife and she said they look like barbie but for guys. LoL I really want that bat mobile. I hope someone can direct me when they are available for pre order. Man... I know I will get the mark. Vi and Thor. Those military ones look cool as heck.k I already have the luke skywalker and black spiderman on reserve.

Maybe the wife will warm up to the idea of a display cabinet in the living room.... Crosses fingers...

It's a good thing I prefer mecha to human figures--TF's, Macross and mecha model kits are my kryptonite.

But even for someone like me, I'm falling deeper and deeper into the HT pit. It started out with a Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon fig, and then a Jill Valentine Battle Suit version fig, and now I'm eying the Tumbler.

Wow, Barbie dolls for men...not exactly a flattering term, but as long as she's warming up to the idea of them. :lol:

I've got an idea for the Tumbler or Keaton batmobile, though. Get a custom-sized glass case made, and use it as a coffee table while displaying the thing inside. I've seen a Korean SW nut do this for his Millenium Falcon in his living room. Looks absolutely gorgeous. You might want to try this idea yourself, Kicker. If anything, it'll slowly numb your wife to the presence of HT products in your living room. ^_^

Dont know but it says on hand already. I got to admit my collection is not close to those in that forum. I know exo warned me about jumping into the hot toys, but the more I look at those figs the more I want them. I showed them to the wife and she said they look like barbie but for guys. LoL I really want that bat mobile. I hope someone can direct me when they are available for pre order. Man... I know I will get the mark. Vi and Thor. Those military ones look cool as heck.k I already have the luke skywalker and black spiderman on reserve.

Maybe the wife will warm up to the idea of a display cabinet in the living room.... Crosses fingers...

Buy new house or buy wife diamond ring. She will may forget.

I wonder if side show will carry reservations for both tumbler and bat mobile . Side show still doesn't have the michael Keaton batman but hk and china ebayers have them already

BBTS has the tumbler on pre-order

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10146&mode=retail

Estimated to Arrive

2nd Quarter 2012 Our Price: $439.99

Pre ordered the tumbler... I wonder if there is a chance theynwill come out with a camo

Good chance they will. The Iron Man mold has been mercilessly milked, with custom paint jobs, bundles [the gantry version] and so-called limited edition models. They even came up with a repaint of War Machine recently. Same with the Nolan Batman [first version, TDK version, etc.]

BTW, I pre ordered the Tumbler myself at the local hobby store. Only thing now is to decide where to place it--damn, this thing is almost as big as my dog!

And now that this can of HT-flavored Pringles has been opened, I'm bound to pick up the Batman Rises [is that what part 3 is called?] version of the Caped Crusader.

So... there is a hottoys Original Batmobile coming? Damn that would be huge. That to me is the original and only Batmobie, sexy. Wonder if it splits up.

Oh it's sideshow, holy rusted holes batman that is impressive, f that that must be worth like a grand.

It's made by Hot Toys but distributed by Sideshow [i think].

As for whether it splits up or more precisely, to convert into the "Batmissile" as seen in Batman Returns, I doubt it. What it seems to have, is the ability to be displayed with a pair of machineguns and "bat-disc" launchers. Of course, light up headlights and tail lights are a given.

The Tumbler doesn't even have the inclining seat feature seen when Batman uses the cannon, not that it would have made any difference on display. Seems like HT isn't big on gimmicks. That said, the Tumbler doesn't really have any "showy" features, as even the main cannon is recessed.

Man.. i got my spidey today and started to display him and both pegs broke and got stuck in the hand =( Is there a way to get replacements? The only option i Have is to find a set of hands on ebay with separate new pegs. Are all Hot toys like that or just the spiderman? My batman was fine when I switched his hands etc.

Yes for an expensive freaking piece on the tumbler the gimmicks were like for 3yr old lol =P

Man.. i got my spidey today and started to display him and both pegs broke and got stuck in the hand =( Is there a way to get replacements? The only option i Have is to find a set of hands on ebay with separate new pegs. Are all Hot toys like that or just the spiderman? My batman was fine when I switched his hands etc.

Yes for an expensive freaking piece on the tumbler the gimmicks were like for 3yr old lol =P

Different HT's have their own set of QC issues. The Jill Valentine Battle Suit version fig I have has a rather frustrating problem. The right loop holster for her submachinegun is too small for the handle. I found out too late to get it exchanged, which means I'll either have to do a little DIY sewing, or leave it like that.

The Batman and Comedian figs are also infamous for "oily" rubber suits. For some unknown reason, after a while the rubber on their suits release a slick, oily substance, after which thge rubber slowly discolors and disintegrates.

Yup, but I doubt I'll be getting the Bane fig. At most, I'll get the TDKR version of Batman to drive the Tumbler, and that's it for the Batman franchise.

Somehow, Bane just doesn't stand out for me unlike The Joker. Without having seen the movie, he's just an angry looking bruiser in a mask and a trenchcoat. I'd seriously consider Catwoman and the Bat-pod, though. I've seen Anne Hathaway's character riding on the Bat-pod in some BTS pics. Should be interesting.

You've got the Bat-pod, right? How big is the thing, BTW? I might still be able to afford some display real estate on my entertainment cabinet.

Thanks for telling me the approx. size of the Bat-pod; looks compact enough to fit even on my bookcase.

TDKR version Batman hasn't been announced yet. In fact, the BTS pics of Batman look rather similar to his TDK version. but admittedly, I wasn't paying much attention when I saw the pics. Either way, seeing how they milk popular molds, HT is bound to cash in on the movie's popularity when it arrives on cinemas and release a Batman fig, be it a reissue of the TDK version or a TDKR version.

Yeah, the Batwing is confirmed for release, as are the cammo version Tumblers. Be ready to pay through your teeth for one of the former, and good luck trying to find space for that thing.

BTW, this just in: the Burton Batmobile is said to be TWICE the price of the Tumbler. Good thing I prefer the more realistic and rugged design of the latter.

I gotta start saving up...and do more chores in the house so i can persuade the wife to let me display it in the living room..

Which ones are you planning to get, specifically? Batwing [now confirmed as The Bat], cammo Tumbler, black Tumbler reissue, and/or the Burton Batmobile?

The Bat and Burton Batmobile are both too expensive and WAY too large for my display room, and I've got no space for yet another Tumbler.

Personally, other than the black Tumbler, I'll only be getting the Bat-pod, TDKR Batman [if and when it's released], and Catwoman.

Edited by GU-11

You guys would remember the batwing (hasbro?) that came out, the one where u can pull the gun trigger from pistol grip with clencher for balloons, something else, probably side guns can't remember lol, yeah I had one, it ws cool, and HUGE. man I loved the 'wing from that movie, best scene when jokes tauntingg bats and out comes happy trouser gun BOOM. They tried to mimic that awesomeness in the later but failed imo.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Did you see the Batman 1989 version hot toys I like d how they kept a lot of the elements from the movie with the slightly burned face and the leather like cape.

http://plasticandplush.com/2011/08/hot-toys-dx-batman-1989-collectible-figure.html

check out the detail.

Hot_Toys_Batman_1989_01.jpg

Hot-Toys-1989-Batman-006_1314270717.jpg