Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Got the full breakdown article and gallery up for the Hot Toys Captain America Concept Art Ver. posted to Kuma Style. http://kumastyledesigns.com/hot-toys-captain-concept-review/

Title-facebook-conceptcap.png 

Article breaks it down by category but overall this is a 7/1o for me. It's darned good but feels like an incomplete package not coming with an unmasked head or shield holster clip for the back (I actually used a paperclip for photos.) With those things and maybe some more room for articulation range in the pants this would have definitely been a 9 at least.

Here are some picture from the gallery portion:

5-272.png 

11-209.png 

6-266.png 

9-235.png

13 hours ago, borgified said:

From Toyark.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/05/20/ultraman-anime-version-7-suit-figure-by-threezero-345814

Ultraman Mk.7 for $129 USD, pre-orders up May 23/2019.

ThreeZero-Ultraman-Version-7-024.jpg

ThreeZero-Ultraman-Version-7-027.jpg

It’s great to see nowadays that there’s a great looking figure coming out that is half the price of a regular release Hot Toys figure. :good: 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:46 AM, no3Ljm said:

It’s great to see nowadays that there’s a great looking figure coming out that is half the price of a regular release Hot Toys figure. :good: 

There's also other brands that you try out as well: Coo Model, 303 Toys, O-Soul, DID, POP Toys, Very Cool, Infamous, QMX, Asmus, Threezero,  etc...

I personally have in my collection: 

Two Hot Toys - Scar Pred (V.1) and ESB Fett.

POP Toys - Women in Warrior: Butterfly Helmet Series - Red Deluxe

Star Ace - Katniss Everdeen: Black Armour (now there's is the upcoming V.2 armour in Red)

Mondo Skeletor - To arrive in sometime July

* Note: Hot Toys, Phicen (now TBLeague) and Sideshow (?) are really pushing the 1/6 scale to higher levels *   

Unfortunately I'm at work and found out that the Resuce Armour from AvengersEngame has been shown on Toyark. 

All info is there and here are some pics I managed to download. 

I might be interested in getting a copy. ;)

61166105_10156260369767344_8936706690951151616_o.jpg

60823176_10156260368917344_5281976696453464064_o.jpg

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

Unfortunately I'm at work and found out that the Resuce Armour from AvengersEngame has been shown on Toyark. 

All info is there and here are some pics I managed to download. 

I might be interested in getting a copy. ;)

You know, I'm not too much into Iron Man or War Machine armors.  There are so many.  Seems like a new toy goes on sale every day.

But this Rescue armor looks good.  Reminiscent of Bubblegum Crisis hardsuit.

Just got Dr Strange in this week and I'm loving the figure.  Comes with a ton of accessories.  

I want to add a Captain America to the collection.  Should I wait on the endgame version or get the Concept?

45 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Went and picked up the War Machine Mk III this morning and it's just goddamned incredible.

1-440.png

Man, I want  Don Cheadle too... but i need to lay low for now, lol

Great pictures, as always Kuma!

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Man, I want  Don Cheadle too... but i need to lay low for now, lol

Great pictures, as always Kuma!

Thanks brother... and it's funny because even though I'm not the biggest fan of Cheadle as Rhodes a friend brought up the possibility of having Terrance Howard still playing him.... and needless to say I have a renewed sense of thanks for Cheadle taking this on, particularly thinking about sitting here looking at a Hot Toy of Terrance Howard in the suit.

4 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Thanks brother... and it's funny because even though I'm not the biggest fan of Cheadle as Rhodes a friend brought up the possibility of having Terrance Howard still playing him.... and needless to say I have a renewed sense of thanks for Cheadle taking this on, particularly thinking about sitting here looking at a Hot Toy of Terrance Howard in the suit.

I was saddened to see Terrance Howard left the role, as I think he is a great actor. The thing is, i always liked Cheadle, so when he took the role, I felt it was a great choice. I knew he would handle the role very well.

I must say, sweet jeeebus, that War Machine is just gorgeous! That is Cheadle himslef looking at you, lol.

Edited by vlenhoff

Just now, vlenhoff said:

I was saddened to see Terrance Howard left the role, as I think he is a great actor. The thing is, i always liked Cheadle, so when he took the role, I felt it was a great choice. I knew he would handle the role very well. 

I actually like Terrance Howard quite a bit but I have a real fondness for the Rhodes character which Howard did not fit a single bit in terms of look or even the way he carries himself. He's one-dimensional.

4 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I actually like Terrance Howard quite a bit but I have a real fondness for the Rhodes character which Howard did not fit a single bit in terms of look or even the way he carries himself. He's one-dimensional.

That gives me the impression Howard did not take this project seriously. Cheadle seems more like a team player anyway :D

6 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

That gives me the impression Howard did not take this project seriously. Cheadle seems more like a team player anyway :D

I don't think so at all. Howard's voice and inflections are the same in every role he plays and just fits better with roles based around his style than him having to go outside of his range. I feel the same way about Denzel Washington for example; phenomenal actor but by-and-large is essentially the same character doing different things in the majority of his movies.

Anyways, back to toys.

----------------------------------------------

The War Machine Mk III is pretty darned impressive. It really feels like a more improved Iron Man XLVI frame in that it does everythng that suit does but ends up with much more range like the ab crunch for example. The heft of it is out of control and the accessories are such a damned complete package. I really like this one.

2-337.png
Edited by Kuma Style

32 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I don't think so at all. Howard's voice and inflections are the same in every role he plays and just fits better with roles based around his style than him having to go outside of his range. I feel the same way about Denzel Washington for example; phenomenal actor but by-and-large is essentially the same character doing different things in the majority of his movies.

Anyways, back to toys.

----------------------------------------------

The War Machine Mk III is pretty darned impressive. It really feels like a more improved Iron Man XLVI frame in that it does everythng that suit does but ends up with much more range like the ab crunch for example. The heft of it is out of control and the accessories are such a damned complete package. I really like this one.

Oh, I see what you meant now. You're prob right, they do have their own style going on.

--------------

Back to toys, i sold all my 1/6 Star wars figures many moons ago. Hasbro's 1/6 line was always pretty bad. I have been waiting for the perfect 1/6 Luke, or Han to be available for ages. Hot Toys has a gorgeous Luke in ROTJ suit, but i am still waiting. I may never get one, since i am way too picky. Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford have those faces that are really hard to capture. you might get one angle right, but if you turn the sculpt(figure), then it looks wrong. For instance Sideshows' Luke figures always look wrong to me.

That Warmachine is indeed gorgeous! Congrats on your purchase!

Edited by vlenhoff

My one and only Luke is the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke from a year or so ago. The face likeness is very good. I agree, all others before the current crop have looked off. On another note, if I were made of $$$...which I'm not...I would have ALL the Avengers, but my goodness, I thought maybe one Iron Man, but then I saw the prices! Nope! Guess I'll stick to the Star Wars guys around $200ish. Count Dooku is looking really good! 

p..s. That War Machine is freaking awesome Kuma! 

Edited by derex3592

12 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

Just got Dr Strange in this week and I'm loving the figure.  Comes with a ton of accessories.  

I want to add a Captain America to the collection.  Should I wait on the endgame version or get the Concept?

I'm geting the Endgame version.

11 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I actually thought Terrance Howard has multiple personalities. At least if you stumbled on that secret recording of him and according to the women that he seems to go off on from time to time. I think his best role that I've seen is as the town sheriff in that horror/sci-fi TV show that was cancelled.

10 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Back to toys, i sold all my 1/6 Star wars figures many moons ago. Hasbro's 1/6 line was always pretty bad. I have been waiting for the perfect 1/6 Luke, or Han to be available for ages. Hot Toys has a gorgeous Luke in ROTJ suit, but i am still waiting. I may never get one, since i am way too picky. Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford have those faces that are really hard to capture. you might get one angle right, but if you turn the sculpt(figure), then it looks wrong. For instance Sideshows' Luke figures always look wrong to me.

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

My one and only Luke is the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke from a year or so ago. The face likeness is very good. I agree, all others before the current crop have looked off. On another note, if I were made of $$$...which I'm not...I would have ALL the Avengers, but my goodness, I thought maybe one Iron Man, but then I saw the prices! Nope! Guess I'll stick to the Star Wars guys around $200ish. Count Dooku is looking really good!

I have the Hot Toys Jedi Luke and it is the best Luke figure I've seen. I'm getting the upcoming Jedi Luke as well. Both are good options. I assume there is still the potential for a quarter scale Hot Toys Jedi Luke since they have a quarter scale Darth Vader and Boba Fett. But I'm going to stick to 1/6 I think. Hot Toys would have to make a quarter scale R2 to make me reconsider.

The trick with the Avengers is to only get your favorite versions. If you want all of them then you are quickly talking about car money.

29 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

The trick with the Avengers is to only get your favorite versions. If you want all of them then you are quickly talking about car money.

Tell that to @Kicker773:rolleyes:

Nothing will stop him in getting all the Avengers in 1/6th scale.  

Alright, got the Hot Toys Diecast War Machine Mk III full breakdown article and gallery up on Kuma Style. http://kumastyledesigns.com/hot-toys-war-machine-mkiii-review/

Title-fb-ht-wm-mk3.png 

Per usual the article breaks it down by category but overall I gave this one a 9.5 out of 10. It nails the look to a tee, the build is miraculous, and takes all of the cool stuff that the Iron Man XLVI does engineering wise and does them even better. Literally the only miff I have is the articulated hands not holding the baton as well as I'd like and that's huge.

Here are some pictures from the gallery portion (total 14 pics as of this posting:)

8-252.png 

11-211.png 

5-274.png 

13-195.png

Cancelled the Mark L and weapons in favor of the 85 the other day, War Machine dc mk ii supposedly comes tomorrow and dc mk i tuesday. Teetering on the Patriot but if the last suit is released in both Patriot and promo colors I'd rather get those.