Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Terry and Ryo looks like a modern version of Ken and Ryu from the Capcom Street Fighter game. ;)

That reminds me.. I still need to see the King of the Streets Movie (2012) with Yue Song as the main character.

The lesser names like Pop Toys, O-soul, 303, COO Model, DAM toys also have good stuff (based on what I see so far). TBLeague (formerly Phicen) might be up to par with Hot Toys stuff. Other companies like Toys Era, QMX, Asmus, et al are slowly getting my interests as well since that I have just started getting into 1/6th stuff this year.  

Edit: Shartimus Prime's review on HT Hela dated Nov. 24th

Edited by borgified

On 12/1/2018 at 1:23 PM, borgified said:

Terry and Ryo looks like a modern version of Ken and Ryu from the Capcom Street Fighter game. ;)

That reminds me.. I still need to see the King of the Streets Movie (2012) with Yue Song as the main character.

The lesser names like Pop Toys, O-soul, 303, COO Model, DAM toys also have good stuff (based on what I see so far). TBLeague (formerly Phicen) might be up to par with Hot Toys stuff. Other companies like Toys Era, QMX, Asmus, et al are slowly getting my interests as well since that I have just started getting into 1/6th stuff this year.  

Edit: Shartimus Prime's review on HT Hela dated Nov. 24th

The statues for the King of Fighter characters look better than those figures.

QMX is pretty good from what I've seen. Very close to Hot Toys quality. I have Kirk and will get the Captain's Chair eventually. Their Star Trek line slowed for some reason but it seems to have started up again.

I tend not to like those reviewers that put figures under bright lights. There are a few others that do that. The Clipper King talked about it a few times. Here was his last big collection video I think before he slowed down.

Edited by JetJockey

@JetJockey and others - Your lucky day has arrived for Endor Luke as it's posted on Toyark (Deluxe version is also described).

Hopefully that Leia is not too far behind.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/12/07/star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-luke-skywalker-figures-by-hot-toys-326123

Edit: Added the Deluxe version in the notes as I didn't see it originally.

Edited by borgified

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, no3Ljm said:

SS Magnus doesn't look too good IMHO.  :wacko:

From Toyark.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/12/18/aquaman-movie-1-6-scale-aquaman-figure-by-hot-toys-327281

Plus Threezero's  1/6 GOT Drogon preview.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/12/18/game-of-thrones-drogon-figure-preview-by-threezero-327313

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 1:32 PM, borgified said:

@JetJockey and others - Your lucky day has arrived for Endor Luke as it's posted on Toyark (Deluxe version is also described).

Hopefully that Leia is not too far behind.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/12/07/star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-luke-skywalker-figures-by-hot-toys-326123

Edit: Added the Deluxe version in the notes as I didn't see it originally.

Finally. Endor Leia has to be soon. They aren't going to make that poncho only for one figure.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, borgified said:

She depends on the movie for me. Endor Leia will probably be the top female Hot Toys figure with the helmeted and whatever they come up with for her without the helmet look.

@Mommar: I didn't even see this one at all even though the teaser was posted was posted by myself on the 1st of this month. Thanks for the update.. ;)

Just missed this on Toyark.  

http://news.toyark.com/2019/01/18/marvel-future-fight-the-punisher-in-war-machine-armor-329670

Edit: Date fixed.

Edited by borgified

48 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm not a Hot Toys collector, but if I were... damn.  That Frank Castle War Machine is awesome.

afcd9a32-07fd-40fa-8767-b3275bcd8c1a.jpg

Freakin' awesome!  :wub:

hottoys_punisher_warmachine_1.jpg.def021b2f1d966fcbcdae29c4478c827.jpg

hottoys_punisher_warmachine_2.jpg.3ecb437e71d3d64aa035bd7f259ba67f.jpg

Bandai should produce this too in Figuarts form. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm sure that they can @no3Ljm;)

Take the Figuarts WM Mk.2/3 suit sans the reactor and re-use the Mk.1 arm gun gauntlets and the shoulder cannon.  Put on new tampo graphing on the amour and there you go; therefore making it a TWE offering.

As you know the newest Figuarts IM has a re-use of the previous versions of the armour molds (dubbed the Hot Rod) added new paint to it.

Edit: I'm sure that the digital painting can make a good likeness of the Frank Castle head.

Edited by borgified

14 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm sure that they can @no3Ljm;)

Take the Figuarts WM Mk.2/3 suit sans the reactor and re-use the Mk.1 arm gun gauntlets and the shoulder cannon.  Put on new tampo graphing on the amour and there you go; therefore making it a TWE offering.

As you know the newest Figuarts IM has a re-use of the previous versions of the armour molds (dubbed the Hot Rod) added new paint to it.

Edit: I'm sure that the digital painting can make a good likeness of the Frank Castle head.

The Hot Rod Armor in the movies was just a slightly different paint job on the MK 3 War Machine armor.  That’s not really the same thing as the kind of parts swapping that would be required to do this thing justice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, Boobytrap said:

Do you have a link to any further information on these? I tried doing a Google search but didn't come up with anything.

As per some post on Twitter, it looks like it's an upcoming 1/6 scale action figure from Max Factory that was display in the recent WonderFest.

Too bad the provided link in one of the feeds is not working.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

As per some post on Twitter, it looks like it's an upcoming 1/6 scale action figure from Max Factory that was display in the recent WonderFest.

Too bad the provided link in one of the feeds is not working.

Thanks for all of the info. :good:

It looks like I'll have to wait to see features and price. I'd like to get some 1/6 Guyver figures but I'm hesitant if they only offer I and III. The last thing I want is an incomplete yet expensive set. I'm still waiting for them to finish the Figma lineup but that seems like a lost cause. 

14 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Those guyvers look like an upscale of their previous bio fighter collection series.

Yes they do, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think they did a pretty good job with those sculpts. A little better leg articulation, some tighter joints, and non-crumbly plastic is all the upscale would really need.