Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

• 2 weeks later...

TDKR Armory set: Includes a crapload of accessories as well as what is basically the DX-12 fig without the Bruce Wayne HS.

Comes in 3 combos: (Armory + Alfred Pennyworth + Bruce Wayne in a suit), (Armory + Alfred) , (Armory)

See here for more details.

Personally, I've been looking forward to this...and now I realize I can't afford it after having just pre-ordered the ThreeZero Fullmetal Ghost. :mellow:

I almost per-ordered the Star Boost suit. Loved the overall design and the backpack boosters. The only problem was that it was white. I'm fast running out of space in my man cave, so I can only get one Iron Man fig. Picking a white IM suit as my definitive IM doesn't seem to be as iconic or representative as the traditional red-and-gold colors.

It's not till Nov! LOL

Probably the same month Arcadia ends up releasing some super limited rare

Thing I want.

Still, I wish they'd just make another IM2 suit with the new fixes.

Then it technically be a reissue. Of course if you read Hot Toys posts, or even SS posts,

It's nothing but bitching and whining about too many Iron Man figures.

I say, there can never be too many.

It's not till Nov! LOL

Probably the same month Arcadia ends up releasing some super limited rare

Thing I want.

Still, I wish they'd just make another IM2 suit with the new fixes.

Then it technically be a reissue. Of course if you read Hot Toys posts, or even SS posts,

It's nothing but bitching and whining about too many Iron Man figures.

I say, there can never be too many.

It's a good thing Sideshow gives you the option to flex out payments for pre-orders because Hot Toys has been releasing a sh!t ton of Iron Man figures. Thanks to the amount of armors shown in Iron Man 3 there's been no shortage of designs for them to turn into figures.

Hell, if I was a member of a sixth scale forum I'd probably be complaining about how many Iron Man releases there have been too. If you want to get doubles of even one release you're at $ 700 to $ 800. :o

Yeah they complain a lot.

I feel like if they do any re-issues it will be diecast so they can charge more.

I'll probably hold off on a MKV.

Me thinks they don't complain any more, or less, than Macross or Transformer fans. :p

I've got two Mark 42's and one Silver Centurion on pre-order and they are killing my budget. But I'd be hard pressed not to seriously consider some older movie designs if the figures were tweaked just a bit to provide for some better articulation or fixes over previous releases. But then I'd complain about how many more Iron Man figures are on the market - :wacko: .

Regarding the Starboost armor, for me it's a very easy pass. It's an interesting design but I agree that it doesn't really mesh with the overall aesthetic or other armors - especially if you've only got limited space to display a 6th scale figure and want it to be something "iconic".

-b.

Yeah, it's a whole nother figure with the eyes. I got him sealed so the original batteries were long dead. Didn't realize I had some that fit him til after I took most of the pics.

I'll have a video review up soon :D

That T-600 looks sweet, Gakken! Those eyes...they shine right into my mechanical soul. :lol:

Speaking of Salvation figs, I was hoping HT would make a fig of those Terminator "bikes", but after so long, chances are slim that they'll ever be made. On the other hand, it took them almost ten years to release an RE4 Ada Wong to go with Leon.

Yeah those bikes were really cool. The overall design of the film was fantastic. Too bad the story sucked :D

LOL! Ain't that the truth! The only things I remember about the movie was it's use of non-human terminators, and very little about the plot.

Too bad they canceled The Bat, I really wanted to see that!

You mean the 1/6 version (confirmed canceled) or the 1/12 one? I haven't heard anything about the 1/12 version; it was last shown as part of a teaser for upcoming releases, which included the armory set.

• 3 weeks later...

Meh, the original War Machine looks way cooler than the 2.0/Iron Patriot suit.

In your opinion, I owned and sold my copy of the first War Machine 6th scale figure from IM2. Like most of the earlier Iron Man releases the ability to pose it in a dynamic way made that figure "meh" in my book.

I rather like the cleaner aesthetic and evolution of the design. Plus the poses it's able to achieve are miles ahead of Mark I.

-b.

I like the new war machine design better. + the diecast makes it a must have.

I was going to drop some coin on a Mark VI but I think I'll wait and see if they release more diecast stuff.

Edited by Gakken85

I can't figure out why AmiAmi and HLJ are trying to Charge $350 before shipping for the Diecast MKII and then sideshow has it for $290 shipped?

Never seen the Japanese sites charging that much of a difference.

That's pretty bass ackwards.