Going to Australia

I'll be over in Melbourne for an event on Japanese popular culture in Monash University, from the 25th of February to the 6th of March.

Like my last outing over in Florida, I can't promise I'll have much free time, but if anyone is over there and wants to meet up or knows any interesting Japanese-related place in the area, I'll be glad to hear from you.

-- EDIT-- Oh, another thing is that I heard the SDF Macross series box set was released over there too. Is that still available? B))

-Renato

Edited by Renato

I'll be over in Melbourne for an event on Japanese popular culture in Monash University, from the 25th of February to the 6th of March.

Like my last outing over in Florida, I can't promise I'll have much free time, but if anyone is over there and wants to meet up or knows any interesting Japanese-related place in the area, I'll be glad to hear from you.

-- EDIT-- Oh, another thing is that I heard the SDF Macross series box set was released over there too. Is that still available? B))

-Renato

I don't know about Melbourne, but over here in Perth they have the HG Macross Boxset. Look for a franchise called JB Hi-Fi. They'll definitely have it at a competative price. I think other places like Electronic Boutique have it for 5-10 AUD more expensive.

-- EDIT-- Oh, another thing is that I heard the SDF Macross series box set was released over there too.  Is that still available?  B))

-Renato

I don't know about Melbourne, but over here in Perth they have the HG Macross Boxset. Look for a franchise called JB Hi-Fi. They'll definitely have it at a competative price. I think other places like Electronic Boutique have it for 5-10 AUD more expensive.

Thanks, but how much is it?

Okay, let me think...it should be around $60 - 80 AUD. Now because you are going to the eastern states, it should be in the lower price range, bloody Perth *grumble grumble grumble* <_< . I will check for you tomorrow if you want. Actually, I'll check anyway, as I'll be in town.

Edited by kensei

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got back last weekend, thanks to everyone who helped.

I visited Monash University's "Manga Library", anyone who's interested and in the area go and check it out.

Thanks in particular to Kensei. In actual fact, I had minimal internet access for the entire time I was there so I couldn't double-check your post for the name of that store, but it just so happens that there was a JB Hi-fi in the area and indeed they had a couple of Macross sets in stock. The price range was way off, though, I got it for $140.00, not 60 or 80. :huh: Still, I'm not bothered because it's still a bargain compared to my only alternative which is the Japanese set.

Thanks again.

Got back last weekend, thanks to everyone who helped.

I visited Monash University's "Manga Library", anyone who's interested and in the area go and check it out.

Thanks in particular to Kensei. In actual fact, I had minimal internet access for the entire time I was there so I couldn't double-check your post for the name of that store, but it just so happens that there was a JB Hi-fi in the area and indeed they had a couple of Macross sets in stock. The price range was way off, though, I got it for $140.00, not 60 or 80. :huh: Still, I'm not bothered because it's still a bargain compared to my only alternative which is the Japanese set.

Thanks again.

Hi Renato. :( Sorry I didn't get back to you, because the JB-HiFi did not have the boxsets anymore. BTW, are we talking about the same thing here? Did the JB-HiFi there have many boxsets on shelf at all? Because the ones at my local store were on clearance, therefore they were cheap. I'm sorry I assumed the same over there. But I'm talking about the AAustralian boxset with Tommy Yune's art on the DVD cover not AnimeEigo.

Sorry about that again, my bad. Glad to hear it was still acceptable though.

The one I went to was in the Chadstone Shopping Centre, which I was told was the largest mall in the Southern Hemisphere (quite a claim, but I have little frame of reference so I cannot personally disprove this...).

Hmm. Yeah, they had one on the shelf, and at least one more in the "stock box" under the shelves. Being me, I just took the one at the bottom.

It's this right?

http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/item.php?catalogue=MMB066

Yeah, this is what I got. It was still priced a little cheaper than the price on this site. I don't mind paying that since I'm still saving a frickin' fortune over the Japanese release (which is hard enough to track down, let alone save up for).

Thanks again!