whatcha think about a new VF head?

do not disturb

so how about it?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. so how about it?

• yes, a newly designed MW 1/48 VF head would be awesome?
    • no, you suck and your idea sucks too?

so messin around with rohbys S recasts got me wondering....

we got an official MW paint scheme so why don't we design our own official VF head?

i was thinking, maybe we could have a design contest for the coolest head. nothing to elaborate, nothing to simple, but something thats cool looking and can be made fairly easily.

people could post pics of their sketches/designs and we could have a poll/vote to see which one gets made. i'm not sure of all the details or if its even possible to make something like this or who would be willing to make it and sell the finished product but i thought it would be kind of a cool.

maybe if theres enough interest, we'll be lucky enough to get one of our veteran casters to volunteer to take this project. :)

any thoughts are welcome.

How about a VF-1A head, with two extra lasers stuck on the side. We could give it our own official designation an all......oh no wait, Toynami already did that :lol: .

I say somebody does a 3D scan of Shawn's head so that Capt America could do a realistic sculpt of Shawn and we use that as the official MW 1/48 head.

Shawn, what do you think buddy?

Graham

How about a VF-1A head, with two extra lasers stuck on the side. We could give it our own oficial designation and all......oh no wait, Toynami already did that :lol: .

I say somebody does a 3D scan of Shawn's head so that Capt America could do a realistic sculpt of Shawn and we use that as the official MW 1/48 head.

Shawn, what do you think buddy?

Graham

I don't think Shawn will be too pleased when we decide to chop off his chin for the 1/55 scale sculpt. B))

Here you go... I whipped these up really quick... :p

vf-1r_heads.jpg

;)  :lol:

They all look great, >EXO<! Especially the 1A with the whole "Predator-jaw-thing" goin' on! Hell, I may have to try to make one of those myself!

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

vf-1r_heads.jpg

They all look great, >EXO<! Especially the 1A with the whole "Predator-jaw-thing" goin' on! Hell, I may have to try to make one of those myself!

you're joking right? those heads are the R series heads... VF-1JR, VF-1SR, VF-1AR.....they're from the Macross 2036 game from like a decade or more ago

that 1A head EXO posted looks pretty darn cool, much better than the 1A head we got now thats for sure.

dudes, don't get fixed on making a head that looks similar to existing VF heads, something totally new and original would be just as cool. either way, keep'em coming. :)

vf-1r_heads.jpg

you're joking right? those heads are the R series heads... VF-1JR, VF-1SR, VF-1AR.....they're from the Macross 2036 game from like a decade or more ago

looks like some people fell for it... I thought it was pretty obvious... :lol:

We could do the YF-1R Jack type. It could have a LED in the head (getting ready to dodge anything thrown at me.)

Seriously though it sounds great so long as it comes attached to a VF-1 1/48 of its own. I only got one and Roy's head is staying right where it is.

post-4-1106156305.jpg

Edited by phoenix01

looks like some people fell for it... I thought it was pretty obvious... :lol:

Yep, I fell for it. You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I've never played the 2036 game. Please don't stone me; I do a fine job of that myself! LOL!

But it still looks cool, dammit!

Hey man,

I like the contest idea.... wouldn't mind trying out one for myself. What's the backstory on the R series heads anyways? They look remoteley interesting....

Not much backstory. They come on updated VF-1s seen in the game Macross 2036.

Which is a non-canon PCEngine title that doesn't fit continuity. The 1Rs also have integrated FAST packs.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross2036/

There's some pics of the mechs...

http://www.gearsonline.net/macross/2036.php

And some more...

Game's fun to play, though the lack of free transformation is a strike against it.

And if I recall correctly, this game stars Komillia, making it the closest anyone has to information on her.

I for one would love to see both. I would buy at least 14 TV VF-1A heads to trick out my valkyries with. I could have true TV Max, CF and Kakizaki customs.

I would alos love the idea of a MW head too. We should also get some decals to go with it, and personalise the valk with Member number and handle. That would be fully sick.

Black Valkyrie Posted on Jan 20 2005, 10:19 AM

I think Bandai/Yamato should make Macross 2036 figures , What happen to Macross-II VF`s didn`t Yamato say that are gonna make`em !

Yes, the MACROSS-II VF's head design's definitely cool :D !

On the topic of customizing heads, I wouldn't mind a slightly resculpted VF-1J head either. There was one floating around on the web that reworked the head to give it even more accurate proportions-- beefy and more robust, fuller chin and taller profile, straight out of the anime. That, I'd like to see.

Here's the link again...

http://f11.aaa.livedoor.jp/~gazouup/1jhead.html

-Al