Kill Bill good, Cabin Fever bad...

JKeats

Went to go see that crapfest called Cabin Fever last night and caught the trailer for Tarantino's new film (actually two new films) "Kill Bill" with Uma Thurman. God, it looks so awesome. I was never a Lucy Liu fan, but this one might make me one. And the action looks so great. I love the scenes they show of Uma Thurman having an all out knife fight with Vivica A. Fox. Can't wait till this one comes out. Can't remember the last time I was so excited about a movie coming out!!! :lol:

Ah.....I don't know what's really going on. But from what I've heard KILL BILL is going to be a two part movie. Is there any more information about the several anime sequences? If it's done by Production I.G then it's gotta be great...... B)

I heard it was a two part ince it was to long it needed to be split in two.

Correct! The movie as a whole is over three hours long so they cut it in two 90 min movies.

It also stars David Carradine (Kung Fu) as Bill as well as Sonny Chiba (The Street Fighter) and Gordon Liu (36th Chamber of Shaolin). With the score provided by The RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan.

I can't wait for it.

Uma Therman as a deadly knife fighting girl? And my arse shall spew gold poopies!!

I saw the previews a while ago. Theyre lame man!! It looks like a more serious version of charlies angels! It looks like utter filth to me... But maybe thats just cause I have high standards, I dunno. Absolutely nothing in the preview made it out to be even remotely special in any concievable way. Just another one of those action movies where chicks fight eachother. Oh boy.

But thats just /my/ oppinion.

-BEN-MAN-

I though it was 2 movies, too. It was initially one about 3 1/2 hour long movie, and they decided to split it in two, so more patrons were more likely to sit through it. That's what I think I read, at least. They also get the profit for 2 movies instead of one. Tarantino is rare to disappoint, so I'm looking forward to it.

Uma Therman as a deadly knife fighting girl? And my arse shall spew gold poopies!!

I saw the previews a while ago. Theyre lame man!! It looks like a more serious version of charlies angels! It looks like utter filth to me... But maybe thats just cause I have high standards, I dunno. Absolutely nothing in the preview made it out to be even remotely special in any concievable way. Just another one of those action movies where chicks fight eachother. Oh boy.

-BEN-MAN-

Ben-man, while I hate to defend this movie after just seeing the trailer, I think you should give Tarantino some more respect ;) He's not one to just make a "serious Charlie's Angels".

Yah, Im not going to brush it off just because of what the previews make it out to be. I'll wait for some reviews, for some friends to see it, and if everything I hear about it is good, I'll go see it ^_^ But at this point, I kinda doubt that. It just doesnt look that hot. But as I said, Im willing to change my oppinion ^___^

-BEN-MAN-

I heard it was a two part since it was to long it needed to be split in two.

Correct! The movie as a whole is over three hours long so they cut it in two 90 min movies.

With many today's movies being around 2 and a half hours to over 4 hours without being cut and claiming a 3 1/2 hour is too long is just a excuse to make the audience pay twice to see the completed movie. Personnally Tarantino movies ain't worth paying full ticket price twice for one movie.

Edited by Mislovrit

I heard it was a two part        ince it was to long it needed to be split in two.

It also stars David Carradine (Kung Fu) as Bill as well as Sonny Chiba (The Street Fighter) and Gordon Liu (36th Chamber of Shaolin). With the score provided by The RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan.

I can't wait for it.

"If you think you can mess with the Wu-Clan..." After hearing his work on Ghost Dog, I'll definitely be looking for this soundtrack come November. And normally I don't jump at movie just by previews alone, but I went to go see Cabin Fever too. The Kill Bill trailer and the Black guy sitting behind me heckling Cabin Fever made my evening worthwhile. He didn't have to stay but it's good that he, along with myself and about a dozen or so other Blacks did endure the pain of sitting through that piece of crap. Otherwise we never would've known that the storekeeper was actually telling the truth when he answered the question regarding what the gun was for. I didn't know what to say or do :wacko:

Otherwise we never would've known that the storekeeper was actually telling the truth when he answered the question regarding what the gun was for. I didn't know what to say or do  :wacko:

That flew right over my head. I am not planning to see CF, can you explain it a bit even if it meant spoiling the movie?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

Near the beginning of the movie the sucke--err, I mean kids are picking up their supplies from this run down store and are looking at different items (soda bottles, fox piss, etc.) and are asking what they are for. When one of them decides to ask what the gun behind the counter was for, the storekeeper replied "Oh, that's for the Ni**ers". Me being a black man I was offended by this comment. Then again it doesn't take a lot to offend me. I was offended by the sex scenes in "Monsters Ball". No, wait a minute. I wasn't offended, I was just player hatin' (Damn that Billy Bob Thorton <_< ). Seriously though, by the time the movie is about to end and the storekeeper is outside talking to a couple of sherrif's deputies making a purchase at the lemonade stand outside the store, here come a couple of black guys and their girl walking down the street towards the store. The storekeeper nearly trips over himself trying to get into the store before they get up to the door and goes behind the counter and grabs the gun. He turns around just in time to say "Here you go" and hands the gun to the girl and tells them "Always glad to be of service to you, my ni**as" and gives them all a good old soul shake. Turns out the gun was something they had ordered. So the movie ends with the black guys, their girl, the deputies and the storekeeper sitting on the porch of the store singing "Will the Circle Be Unbroken"

Why did I bother putting spoiler alert at be beginning of this post? You couldn't pay me enough to see this movie again. Just imagine yourself walking out of the theater and saying to your wife/girlfriend/female associate who has put you in your place(Same as wife, just not legally binding) and imitating her in your most feminine voice "I don't wanna see Jeepers Creepers 2 or Once Upon a Time in Mexico. This movie's supposed to be way better" and you'll know how I ended my Friday night with my wife. I've already been chewed out once before on the forums for poking fun at Peter Jackson, but I have to say here and now that I should've known there was something up when there were no critics reviews posted in the commercials, but the movie was being hailed as "one of the greatest horror films of all time" says Peter Jackson.

Edited by Yang_Neumann

-BEN-MAN-

Ben-man, while I hate to defend this movie after just seeing the trailer, I think you should give Tarantino some more respect ;) He's not one to just make a "serious Charlie's Angels".

Sure, Taratino's not one to give us a "serious Charlie's Angels." But he is one to give us violence without a plot (unless you considered stealing money a plot device to end up at the vampire strip joint...). Sorry, I'm with Ben-Man. Next movie I'm going to see will be "The Rundown."

Kill Bill looks awesome. I saw the trailer before Matchstick Men with the new footage. It's gotta be production I.G infamous for their Johnny Chase t-mobile commercial and web series.

BTW the same night I also saw the trailer for the new Bill Murray indie flick "Lost In Translation". Anybody gonna check that out about an American hawkin' Whiskey in Japan, Interesting.

~G25

BTW the same night I also saw the trailer for the new Bill Murray indie flick "Lost In Translation". Anybody gonna check that out about an American hawkin' Whiskey in Japan, Interesting.

~G25

I'm looking foward to Lost In Translation too. HOW can you go wrong with Bill Murray in Japan? Guess what's the name of his character in this movie? That's right..............it's Bob.

Hahahaha. B)

My friend thought Cabin fever looked interesting. From the commercials, I thought it looked like a piece of crap. Oh well... BTW never listen to what the commercials say in terms of critical praise. Sometimes a critic can bash a film saying "It's a terrible film with no redeeming value except the special effects. The special effects were spectacular." All the commercial uses is "...the special effects were spectacular." Also, the critics that they do use are often deadbeats just trying to get some noteriety. Some hick boy in a god forsaken town thought this movie was great because it has been the only movie he has seen in twenty years. Who cares. Of course, a lot of the big name critics are whoring themselves now too. Fat and stupid comes to mind.

If I sound angry, it's because I am tired of listening to how every film is great, every movie is a masterpiece. Bull! I work too hard for my money to spend $9.00 on a mediocre film. Give me the Godfather or One flew over the Cuckoo's nest. Yeah, I'll pay $9.00 for that, but not for the garbage they have been feeding us for the last several years. It's like a scam of milking you out of your money. Movie companies make bad pictures. Critics tell you they are great. You go and watch. If you think the movie is bad, there is something wrong with YOU. You're too picky. You're a snob. I just want to beat those people into the ground.

Sometimes it blows to be passionate about certain things.

My friend thought Cabin fever looked interesting. From the commercials, I thought it looked like a piece of crap. Oh well... BTW never listen to what the commercials say in terms of critical praise. Sometimes a critic can bash a film saying "It's a terrible film with no redeeming value except the special effects. The special effects were spectacular." All the commercial uses is "...the special effects were spectacular." Also, the critics that they do use are often deadbeats just trying to get some noteriety. Some hick boy in a god forsaken town thought this movie was great because it has been the only movie he has seen in twenty years. Who cares. Of course, a lot of the big name critics are whoring themselves now too. Fat and stupid comes to mind.

If I sound angry, it's because I am tired of listening to how every film is great, every movie is a masterpiece. Bull! I work too hard for my money to spend $9.00 on a mediocre film. Give me the Godfather or One flew over the Cuckoo's nest. Yeah, I'll pay $9.00 for that, but not for the garbage they have been feeding us for the last several years. It's like a scam of milking you out of your money. Movie companies make bad pictures. Critics tell you they are great. You go and watch. If you think the movie is bad, there is something wrong with YOU. You're too picky. You're a snob. I just want to beat those people into the ground.

Sometimes it blows to be passionate about certain things.

Yeah, I hear you. Especially this summer. This summer sucked for just about everything. The only game all summer that I really got into was Soul Calibur II, most of the movies I saw were kind of dissapointing, and I can't recall the last good CD I listened to. Everybody everywhere wants to put out as much crap as they can to make as many easy bucks as possible. I think it's time we rose up and started demanding quality and not quantity.

I almost never listen to critics. They always say stuff like how great Chicago was or something. Yeah, Chicago had a catchy soundtrack and all, but as far as story, that movie sucked. I'd always rather go see the new Jet Li movie or whatever that the critics bash.

Edited by mikeszekely