YF-19 recast

HWR MKII

That pic of the "dirty"19 is from episode 2 after isamu had done some extensive testing(what he did we will never know) so isamu was put in as a chase plane pilot flying a rocket boosted VF-11.

Thanks NB4M the pic does help a little bit. i was going to detail it drawing from real world physical examlpes canopy frames.

Everybodies help is greatly appreciated. I apologize if i seemed short in my answers lately. 12 hour shifts and both me and my wife being sick doesnt help. Again thank you all for any pics, advice or help you have all given.

Sean.

That pic of the "dirty"19 is from episode 2 after isamu had done some extensive testing(what he did we will never know) so isamu was put in as a chase plane pilot flying a rocket boosted VF-11.

Thanks NB4M the pic does help a little bit. i was going to detail it drawing from real world physical examlpes canopy frames.

ACtually in the episode version he doesn't get to fly the YF-19 until after the VF-11 accident. IIRC that still is shown only in the movie version.

Jipe

im leaving the cockpit tub dark grey because the LCD type display used on the walls wouldnt be on unless the pilot was in there and the acft was powered up. I am going to add more details to the cockpit still. I have already cut my canopy in 2 pieces and am adding frame rail details.

BEHOLD! the true power of anima spiritia.(ducks as chairs and desks fly) J/K actually my hand was holding the nose just out of shot. this is my stopping point until i get the decals in the mail and then i can do the final weathering.

Sean

:( My name is sean and im a valkaholic :(

I just purchased another 1/48 ultimate detail strike kit. Im so weak. i need the decals to finish this one first. :( but anyway i wont do a buildup Jadefalconguard is spearheading that one. Ill just post pics of each subassembly as i finish it to allow people to see the details.

is one of your legs twisted a bit? i test fitting mine and noticed the left leg (from back view) is rotated slightly to the left

I recently finished one for a customer. One leg was twisted slightly. I had to shim it with some sytrene strip to even things out.

is one of your legs twisted a bit? i test fitting mine and noticed the left leg (from back view) is rotated slightly to the left

I recently finished one for a customer. One leg was twisted slightly. I had to shim it with some sytrene strip to even things out.

was it the entire leg? on mine it's only the lower half -.- time to bust out a hairdryer

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone i recieved my decals from devin today and they are great. i only have one gripe but its small the red on the fighting kite emblem looks to be on the orange side but other than that they are perfect and just wahat i need. theres also enough extra roundels and markings for me to reassemble my old VF1S strike in a low vis or enigma type scheme :D One last thing i noticed is that the instrument panel decal isnt on the sheet either. looks like i will have to go blind painting it.

A BIG THANKS OUT TO DEVIN FOR HIS FINE WORK! :D:lol::D

Edited by HWR MKII

• 2 weeks later...

There were some but a good filler primer too care of it well enough. my copy had no air bubble problems at all. some pinholes but no bubbles. the thing for you to do is to get it as smooth as possible and appl a filler primer then wet sand it with a very fine grain sandpaper to keep more bubbles from appearing.

• 5 months later...

I know its been a long while since i started this and alot has happened. I finally got a weekend to finish up alot of projects that just needed final touches. I present you the 1/48 scale YF-19. She finally has her decals. When it was complete it still looked a little clean so i gave it some postshading to make it look like Isamu had just gotten back from a tough days flying against Guld on the test range. I threw in a shot if it next to a 1/72 hase VF-1S for size comparison.

post-2293-1124727255_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1124727272_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1124727289_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1124727306_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1124727321_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1124727336_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1124727355_thumb.jpg

Thank you jade. This was actually a fun kit to build even with the little problems it had. I actually enjoyed scratchbuilding the replacement parts. I would love to do anoter one but i dont think this kit will ever be available again at the price i paid for it. I have some custom ideas in mind, think RED :D

Thanks guys. Keep an eye out here for pics of the YF-21 since that will be getting its finishing touches soon. I have most of the decals on it now i just need to do a little more postshading, paint the wheel wells,install the landing gear, and clear coat it.