Your Views on the Ending of ZERO

Sweekz

Happily just bought the FX complete. Funny how you find yourself paying more attention to the japanese (and NOT being able to speak it) in order to know better what's going on.... <_< And that guy from ebay doesn't have any more for sale.

Say what you will, I enjoyed it. Most of the characters seemed believable to me on one level or another (even Nora. Hey, there are people out there who really are that twisted).

For those of you who don't see the relationship between Sara and Shin, watch it again, especially the scene where he sees her move the rocks. A profound change comes over him as he "sees it with his own eyes". It's at this point he seems to assume the role of her guardian. Maybe that's why he tried to follow her even though he was supposed to stay (evidently...)

My only real difficulty is with the drastic increase in pace at the end of the series. To that point, I was able to digest most of the information I was given, with the hopes that some of the real answers would be revealed. (For example- the Afos began to awaken when shin and mao kissed. Was it a key event that helped awaken the Afos? Perhaps when the 'bird-people'/protoculture descendants come together with Earth's 'indiginous', it is yet another portent to awaken it? who knows). But after that, new crazy things start happening with little to no light shed, compared to previous scenes.

The whole ending smacks of EVA and leaves you with the same empty feeling, like "if only i hadn't been so dumb, maybe I could have understood what happened??". But as some of you have already realized, lots of those Japanese directors love that Kubrick (artistic) ending.

But you know His Froatiness. Likes to make you say "what the hell happened!?". Oh, and "where the F*** did they go?!" (we're too used to that one...)

Maybe it's my american upbringing, the Need to Know Everything, that impedes my ability to let go of these Tormenting Questions, but what can I do? It's Macross and it's got me by the balls.

a real mindf#@k as you try to piece it together with DYRL.

oh, and the only part that made me mad (or that i really disliked at all) was when Aries died. There was this painful quiet moment, then we hear this really loud blood-spurting sound. little thing, but way to ruin a moment, sound guy!

Zero! Compelling and a good addition to Macross. Good story and well done, just....that feeling of the last episode developing so quickly, along with the bewilderment. (Why won't he just tell us?! )

too much more to say, so i'll stop now. this concludes the rant, for now.

Zero was an EXCELLENT story and a GREAT addition to Macross. Every aspect of it was brilliantly done and you would be hard pressed to say that Zero isn't one of the best chapters in Macross.

Here is my view:

Kawamori got a hold of a bong and went on a trip man!!!!

Macross Episode #5..........WTF was that $hit all about?????????? :o:o:o

:p It was the compiling of all the $hit that went on the previous 4 episodes :lol:

I think the whole 5 episodes are good.

anyone felt that roy was too cold when aries died in his arms?

Nah.. In war, life is cheap.

No kidding. How many friends do you think Roy lost in the last years of the war? By this point, whats one more?

It is disappointing all of you are applying the "In war, life is cheap." fallacy to soldiers when it generally only applies to the leaders (political and military).

anyone felt that roy was too cold when aries died in his arms?

that wasn't roy, just an actor playing roy. The real roy went into depression and started drinking heavily and feeling suicidal (the drug overdose wasn't covered) after witnessing all the magical stuff which he needed to seek help for as well as dealing with the loss of his GF. (he thought he was hallucinating or the drugs he was taking had made him crazy and it was all a dream.)

Ya see, like DYRL macross Zero was made as a movie documentary of the events that happened before the aliens arrived. This also explains the height differences of the actor and the real roy in SDF:Macross. Also explains the technology being so advanced, since the real VF0 had been lost in the zentradi attack of earth which resulted in the loss of all the older craft that UN spacy were developing.

The real events will be presented (with proper explanations to what happened to the characters) in the macross zero tv series with cg valks. This is where the low visibility vf1 makes its debut.

*post may not be true :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

How can you decide that this isn't macross. I think Kawamori decides that, since it's his creation. Did you ever think that perhaps you missed the message of every single macross series there is? Sure, things have taken a bit of a strange turn, but I think the problem that most people have with the later macross series is that you're all just so resistant to change.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Macross Zero. I think it fits in perfectly with the theme of past macross series. And yes, I have seen and liked Macross 7. I hated it for about 10 episodes, but then let myself go and found I enjoyed it, despite the spirita strangeness.

Macross Zero is about showing the power and force that exists behind the scenes in the original TV series, movie and macross plus.

Kawamori is evolving the story, coming full circle. He shows us HOW it is that a single song can turn the tide of a war. Macross 7 shows how music affects people in the macross universe, and Macross Zero explains how that kind of talent and power came into the human race. Macross is not just about mecha. If that's what you think, you've totally missed the point.

Just accept it for what it is, and stop whinging about it because it's not what YOU want. Macross 7 and Macross Zero ARE. Deal with it.

Kawamori has always been a good director in my opinion because he goes against the grain. He tells the story he wants to tell, not what other people want to hear. And that's the way it should be. Macross is his creation, and his art. Who are we to tell him how to make it?!

I agree, just for me I hated M7 for 12 episodes or so.

If you only tell the story YOU want to be told, audiences are going to stop listening.

When we stop listening, there will be no more royalty checks. When you stop getting your checks, you either:

1) Have enough money to keep on wasting it

2) Take a step back and remember that we're drooling fanboys who want to drool

3) Are past your prime and have run out of magic, so hurry up and retire already

Either way, Zero had some fantastic aerial combat scenes - easily the best ever, so I'll let that Kadoun ridiculous nonsense pass (this time)

If you only tell the story YOU want to be told, audiences are going to stop listening.

When we stop listening, there will be no more royalty checks. When you stop getting your checks, you either:

1) Have enough money to keep on wasting it

2) Take a step back and remember that we're drooling fanboys who want to drool

3) Are past your prime and have run out of magic, so hurry up and retire already

Either way, Zero had some fantastic aerial combat scenes - easily the best ever, so I'll let that Kadoun ridiculous nonsense pass (this time)

Because making art is obviously all about the money.