The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

(Mods, I know this is off-topic, but as long as we keep the subject on one thread, there shouldn't be any problems. Besides, the MW community has a whole bunch of car buffs such as myself, Commander McBride, vf-1x, Bsu Legato, Solscud007, Vostok 7 and Gunbuster.)

This past Friday (Jan. 7), I attended the 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show. Compared to last year's convention, nothing much has changed. Still, it was an enjoyable event, having seen fresh exotics like the Venturi Fetish and Spyker C8 Spyder, as well as Hollywood icons like the Shelby GT350 from Gone in 60 Seconds and the Ford Gran Torino from Starsky and Hutch.

I took over 250 photos during the seven hours of my stay. Many of them are still being edited, but here are a few to start. Enjoy.

vipercc01.jpg

vipergts01.jpg

carreragt01.jpg

maybach6202.jpg

Woow!  I REALLY like the first one and the third one.  What are they?  I know nothing about cars....

The first one is the new Viper GTS in race spec (the second one is the GTS in street spec) and the third one is the Porsche Carrera GT which is very very impressive in person (but I'd still rather have a 911 GT2 :D ).

The fourth one looks like a Maybach.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

crap more nice cars , you can add me to that list of car buffs areaseven. i do not know all the little stuff but i know what i like, add these are very awesome.

chris

The first one is the new Viper GTS in race spec (the second one is the GTS in street spec).

Actually, the first pic is the Viper Competition Coupe, which is a completely different animal (i.e. longer wheelbase, wider stance, different rear end) compared to the GTS.

The fourth pic is the interior of the Maybach 62, which retails for $360,000. $80,000 more will get you the Porsche Carrera GT.

A bit OT BUT... I wonder if a TF Alternator will come out of the first one... a custom paint scheme of that would most certaily rock

The Viper Competition Coupe is what Dead End was supposed to be, only that Takara got the proportions wrong. But I'm sure a lot of kitbashers will do something to Dead End like the pic above.

Good thread idea, A7. I am a confirmed and professional car whore :). I really dug the Porshe exhibit this year - not only did I get to check out the GT, but they had a very nice '69ish 911T, a 550 Spyder and a 959 on display.

Did you happen to see the silver Volvo S40 T5 Evolve during your stay at the show? I helped with a fair amount of its design and construction, mainly relating to suspension, brake, chassis and turbo integration.

What's even nicer is watching Italian exotics dominating a track with Japanese all-star-cars. I'm not into any of the foreign stuff, but seeing a copy of "Best Motoring International" was rather entertaining. Anyone else into those dvd's?

Nothing like Italian exotics to make you wish you have lots of money.

The F430 is beautiful. The Murcielago Roadster... What hasn't been said already? I can't wait for the kits.

The Ferrari Super America... That looks like a Ferrari 550 convertible.

Is there gonna a kit of F430??? Who'll make it?

Shiney cars! Great pix. Any Toyotas?

I'm not into any of the foreign stuff, but seeing a copy of "Best Motoring International" was rather entertaining.  Anyone else into those dvd's?

I have a few of those DVDs. I love the commentaries on the track. But I feel bad for the models constantly freezing their asses off.

Another superthread? We already got the newbie questions, the aircraft thread, and anything Transformers related MUST go in the Alternators thread, even if we don't give a rat's ass about the toys. Now cars? Hey, why don't we make one official movie thread, one official TV show thread, one official videogame thread, and then one official non-Macross anime thread. Eventually we can have it so this entire forum consists of 20 threads with 30 or so pages each.

Seriously, all this superthread stuff has got to stop. I does nothing to make the boards neater or easier to read. The old threads die out, as they're supposed to, and fade away to make room for new threads. Superthreads just force you to sift through multiple pages of posts before you can contribute, and after awhile, the posts aren't even really related anymore.

Is there gonna a kit of F430??? Who'll make it?

Tamiya will make a plastic kit of the F430 sometime later this year, while Hot Wheels will produce a 1/18 diecast replica.

wohoo.. I can;t wait for it... I hope Tamiya treat it (the kit) the same way they made Enzo