Aoshima Aliens Dropship

Dangard Ace

Somebody wake up Hicks!!! :blink:

And continuing the recent tradition of selling must-have accessories separate from the main toy itself, you'll have to shell out extra for the APC.

Oh well, good enough for me! :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

...is this supose to be a kit or a toy? i assume(hope) its a toy.

According to what little information is available in the article it will be in Aoshimas's "Shin Seiki Gokin" series with an unstated die cast content...it's a toy. Saw-eet! :)

I've been waiting forever to get my hands on something like this...tentative May release...can't wait.

well theres no real way to tell how big it is making it impossible to take a guess? if its 1/48(which i think it is?) with diecast, then it should carry quite the hefty price tag....not that that would stop me from buying it or anyone else for that matter. i'd take a wild guess and say atleast $100 and probably $50 for the APC.

ohh i really want this when it comes out, it looks big and i like the detail i am definetly getting one when it comes out. since it is that big and has diecast in it, i am not expecting to much diecast, if the fame was made of it it will cost a fortune, it is probably various smaller diecast parts on it,

diecast vehicles from Aliens makes me HARD.. :ph34r:

TMI... TMI... we didn want to know that. Right now I will opt to skip out on this. I have too much stuff. With my 60 1/48 valks, space is getting very limited. And the 6 1/100 monsters... hell. Anyways, looks good but I will definitely hold off on this. I am waiting for the reissue of the SOP BPX-01 Yamato resissue in April.

That Dropship toy is going to be huge. It's quite a bit bigger than the Space 1999 Eagle sitting next to it, which is itself quite a large toy.

Hmm..........from the pics, it looks like just the landing gear struts may be diecast.

Definitely going to buy one as I'm a huge Aliens fan. Hope they decide to sell it with some in-scale Colonial marine minatures.

Graahm

IIRC the dropship is 1/48 and I hope that's an unpainted prototype.

From the pics, it looks like an unpainted test-shot or engineering pilot rather than a pre-tooling resin sculpt. If I'm correct, then this means that the diecast and ABS content will already be finalised.

IMO the Dropship shown in the pic does seem to be mostly unpainted ABS not diecast, although it's difficult to tell with 100% certainty.

Graham

That Dropship toy is going to be huge. It's quite a bit bigger than the Space 1999 Eagle sitting next to it, which is itself quite a large toy.

That... thing.. is about the width of a chair, as compared to the chair behind it. I guesstimate the dropship at about 12" to 18", which is considerable.

The APC looks to be at around 9" to 11", again, considerable. If these are the actual sizes, you might need to clear some shelf space.

At 1/48, these are almost ideal for any sci-fi wargames, and should be fairly popular with gamers...

post-26-1105438680_thumb.jpg

Sold! I'm buying at least one!

Hope it includes at least a pilot figure.

Weirzbowski!

Weirzbowski!

haha I know he wasn't the pilot... Maybe I'll put blood on mine where she rubs her bloody hand after she got capped.

Is that the ship from Galaxy 1999? I think they have it at F&S, maybe I can get a peek at the size for comparision sake.

Edited by >EXO<

Matt Alt (who was there) say the APC is about 3.5" long and the dropship is about 11 or 12" long.

So that would make the ship scale fall in between 1/60 and 1/48 (I don't have the specs for the drop ship to figure out the correct scale figures)...either way I can see it sharing room with my Yammie Valks. :)

Sounds like the Dropship is 1/72 scale. Remember, Aoshima has all the old Halcyon molds, so it's not unreasonable to believe they're using the old kit as a basis. The missile pods really convince me of that, since they're molded in one piece just like the Halcyon kit was. I hope that gets changed before production. For what we'll be paying for this monster, they could at least give us individual missiles.