1/7 Sara Nome

Myersjessee

saracom.jpg

When I first saw the thread with the 1/7 Sara model I was very excited to say the least. First, a little about me to set the stage:

I’m a thirty something father of two children. My wife is wonderful, my kids are wonderful, and I strive to set a good example. Based mainly on my situation, I have stayed away from most figure models. CMS and other figures have taught me I like to have character figures, but when it comes to models I stayed away rom many because of the way they are often represented. You see, many of these models are of mainly the female anime characters, and many of them are not suitable for kids. I, mostly, feel comfortable watching Macross 0 with my 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter, but I would not be comfortable displaying a kit depicting Sara as a bodacious vixen or worse (many times much much worse). (as much as I appreciate vixens! J ) So, I stayed away. Then comes along this perfect little kit. It’s anime accurate, and depicts Sara as I saw her. A heroine, attractive, but also strong, and torn. A kit that is well done, accurate, and acceptable...all awesome things! (holy iliteration batman! )

The kit comes with lots of cool added details. Of the few figure kits I do have, I’ve been burned a couple times. I'm normally sucked in by finished shots that show details that are all paint. In this kit that isn’t the case. The fine detailing of her dress, amulet, and beadwork are all finely etched into the actual resin kit. This detail will make it a lot easier for me to paint accurately and effective. Even the eyes are clearly outlined. I think I may fill them in with a clear resin to get a cool shine to her eyes…and this is so much easier with the kit detail as opposed to me trying to paint to matching eyes on a flat face.

The kit is simple, with only 14 pieces. I do like the fact that the details like the amulet are separate and easy to paint and then attach. The kit is crisply cast. I don't see any airbubbles, no flash, and only minimal pour sprues which will be easy to clip and sand. Holes have been preset so I know exactly where to put pins for the legs and arms.

This is a great kit, which I fully endorse. Our very own cwmodels is the creator, and should be contacted if you would be interested in obtaining the kit.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Btw, good review Myersjessee. I like Sara and honestly I completely agree w/her character about nature and how the island provides all you really need.

Sigh. It's ironic THAT is where I'd rather live than in the city.  :huh:  :)

Pheh. Shipping fees to an island would be a bitch.

Island living is overrated.

Nice review, Jesse. It's just too bad that I find the face sculpt inaccurate, and the hands and feet just look awful. I'm sure the modeller's next sculpt will be incredible though.

Edited by Stamen0083

Btw, good review Myersjessee. I like Sara and honestly I completely agree w/her character about nature and how the island provides all you really need.

Sigh. It's ironic THAT is where I'd rather live than in the city.  :huh:  :)

Pheh. Shipping fees to an island would be a bitch.

Island living is overrated.

Nice review, Jesse. It's just too bad that I find the face sculpt inaccurate, and the hands and feet just look awful. I'm sure the modeller's next sculpt will be incredible though.

Don't knock until you've tried it, I did and I loved it! You don't even miss tv and other things we place so much importance on. :)