Isabel

Noriko Takaya

Hello all! I am back. Just got my power back on about three hours ago. At about 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, the huge tree right out front of my house came crashing down and tore the power lines apart like it was thread. It scared the living crap out of me and that was when I lost power until this evening. I am really glad that it didn't crash into my house. My girlfriend, on the other hand, lives in Stevensville on Kent Island and lost practically everything in her house that was on the floor. The water left a pretty good mark on her walls about two feet up, and I hear that was not the worst of it. Annapolis was really screwed. Practically submerged from what I hear, especially over by the Naval Academy and Eastport and especially the old part of the city by the docks. For once I regret being a HVACR mechanic, because of all the gas and oil furnaces that are going to be needing fixing or replacing. Ugh!

All in all, Isabel really sucked. I've been through hurricanes before and was prepared, but by the time it hit Maryland it was a tropical depression. I wanted to see lawn furniture go flying by...

And I will be getting a generator. All that deer meat and beef I had in the freezer is gone now.

hey guys. in richmond.

8-15 people dead around this city. We are officially lableed by our governor as a disaster area. Huge trees around VCU campus where im at where pulled out o their roots. real weird since the tres are HUGE.

no p[ower and water for 2 days. it sucked like hell trust ,me.

I am glad to b safe and to hear my fmaily and friends and all of you are safe as well.

life is getting back to normal for the most part. I now realize how important electricity really is now.

again I am glad we are all safe.

my condolences to all of you who suffered loss or damage during this storm.

take care everyone.

My sister and her husband live near Hampton, VA whish is near Langley AFB. My brother-in-law is a captain in the USAF and my sister works on base, too.

Sometime late in the afternoon on Thrusday, one of the nearby trees fell over in the winds and came down on the house. I don't know what the full extant of the damage is, but it did squash part of the back porch and is leaning next to the chimney. The insurance deductible for this kind of damage is over $2000. :( Furthermore, it will probably be 2 to 3 weeks before they have power again.

hey guys. in richmond.

8-15 people dead around this city. We are officially lableed by our governor as a disaster area. Huge trees around VCU campus where im at where pulled out o their roots. real weird since the tres are HUGE.

no p[ower and water for 2 days. it sucked like hell trust ,me.

I am glad to b safe and to hear my fmaily and friends and all of you are safe as well.

life is getting back to normal for the most part. I now realize how important electricity really is now.

again I am glad we are all safe.

my condolences to all of you who suffered loss or damage during this storm.

take care everyone.

The trees in Richmond are always falling over in the wind. The reason why is a simple one. The city planners in the early 1900's didn't have the foresight to realise that the trees they planted were going to get too big for the places they were planted. Victorian retards. <_< I lived in Richmond, Oregon Hill to be exact, until about 6 months ago when the city condemned my house. Now I live in Chesterfield and this hurricane totaly brutalized us. I'm on a borrowed laptop because we lost electricity in the first hour of the storm and have yet to get it back and since we have a well that means no flushing the toilet. :( Both of my cars were crushed by a tree. :( This totaly sucks donkey nuts. :angry: