Knock Off Valk

Solscud007

hi where did you get this from? also in the package what is the gold sheild like thing in the right top corner?

Here's the original thread. http://www.tfans.com/index.php?showtopic=14983&hl=jetfire

It's apparently a Chinese bootleg, not a photoshop fake.

I didn't think Photoshop. A Photochopper would've taken the Optimus Prime identifications out.

I figured that he bought a cheap Prime toy, carefully opened it, and dropped a mod'ed bootley Valk into the package.

But insanely lazy chinese bootleggers? I'm really just disapointed now. They could've AT LEAST made up a new box card.

they did- optimus prime with sparkplug isn't a carded figure, he comes in a box. and it's not the right card for supercon armada prime either.

Fine... a card that matches the product. At LEAST chopped out the mini-con line, as there's clearly no mini-con in there. Personally, I'd've cut/paste'd some old Jetfire box art onto it.

yeah, its the same valk as this one, but painted red white and blue.

Not exactly, yours is a bit better, since it has elbows joints that can be turned. I have them both, the fake armada can't transform well but it has better landing gears

Edited by Bluedeath

they did- optimus prime with sparkplug isn't a carded figure, he comes in a box. and it's not the right card for supercon armada prime either.

are you sure? I thought that was the prime without trailer and that it did come on a card... ? could be mistaken.

The only thing these grey and supposed Optimus Prime valkyries are good for is knee joints for the 1/55.

I made a knee mod using the elbows on these and they work great.

I think they are a cross between the 1/100 bootleg and the 1990 bandai super, only it was done as a 1/72 (I think).

In the toy district of LA you can get tons of these for little to no money.

Buyer beware, these are extremely crappy toys!!! But are perfect for the little valkaholics in training.

NB4M.

;)

Edited by nightmareB4macross

The smaller "Deluxe" carded Armada Prime (sometimes call "bendy-prime" because he was more posable than the larger "Super" variant) did not come with Sparkplug, he came with a little silver jet minicon whose name escapes me. Sparkplug was a yellow car minicon that came with the boxed Super-sized Prime.

The smaller "Deluxe" carded Armada Prime (sometimes call "bendy-prime" because he was more posable than the larger "Super" variant) did not come with Sparkplug, he came with a little silver jet minicon whose name escapes me. Sparkplug was a yellow car minicon that came with the boxed Super-sized Prime.

Leader One. They're having fun with their GoBots ownership.

No. Leader One was Megatron's minicon(beeyotch). :p Bendy Prime had Over-run as his minicon.

He almost had me there, but you are correct about Meg's mini being Leader1. Over-run sounds familiar so I will take your word for it. Kudos to you, sir.

also in the package what is the gold sheild like thing in the right top corner?

a shield of some kind...dunno where it comes from originaly, but it appears with many a bootleg...

http://www22.pos.to/%7Ebutto/tth0-11.html

same shield different mech (more of a freeky conglomeration of sorts then mech :p ) ... BTW: that is a cool site with all sorts of bootleg and gashapen info

• 2 weeks later...
The smaller "Deluxe" carded Armada Prime (sometimes call "bendy-prime" because he was more posable than the larger "Super" variant) did not come with Sparkplug, he came with a little silver jet minicon whose name escapes me.  Sparkplug was a yellow car minicon that came with the boxed Super-sized Prime.

gobots, Now that is a series I haven't heard of for a long time?

shame they weren't as posable also.

(imagine masterpiece CYCLE:))

The smaller "Deluxe" carded Armada Prime (sometimes call "bendy-prime" because he was more posable than the larger "Super" variant) did not come with Sparkplug, he came with a little silver jet minicon whose name escapes me.  Sparkplug was a yellow car minicon that came with the boxed Super-sized Prime.

It's CyKill.

There was a larger version of CyKill in the SuperGoBots lineup. I've had him sitting next to my computer monitor for the last year for no particular reason. Here's a pic. The nice thing is that unlike the original CyKill, the Super version is:

A: Bigger

B: The engine and wheels are integrated into the design - perfect transform!

C: Unfortunately, still a brick.

post-4-1105161506_thumb.jpg

Edited by peolesdru

Hehe. Still doesn't look like a real bike.

I remember I had the standard size version of that toy. I wonder where it went.

Actually, I remember owning the huge ass base ship thing that transformed into an AT-AT ripoff, with things like "Cafeterias" inside. For some reason, it all seemed perfectly normal to me at the time. :huh:

Edited by Renato

Go-Bots always get a bad rap in the Transformers community, but IMHO Go-Bots were light-years ahead of the mini-transformers of the time. A lot of the Go-Bots had very elegant transformation schemes. For that matter, the most complete gestalt I've ever seen was the Go-Bot sportscar combiner set known as Puzzler. The hands, feet and head of the gestalt were all built into the individual cars themselves - unlike Devastator with its 8 or so extra parts.

Cy-Kill was pretty cool. The best transforming motorcycle toy I've seen, up to Energon Arcee. (not counting anything based on MOSPEADA)

Go-Bots get a bad rap, because there were some really poorly done ones, that were worse than anything that came out of the Transformers line. I've got an A-10 here, named Bad Boy (names were another problem with the line) that sucks out loud. Powerglide was miles ahead. Later the Go-Bots line gave us tranforming rocks. Who came up with that one?

I always liked Go-Bots when I was a kid, because they were about the same size as my Matchbox and Hotwheels cars. Transformers were always cooler, though.

Cy-Kill was pretty cool. The best transforming motorcycle toy I've seen, up to Energon Arcee. (not counting anything based on MOSPEADA)

Go-Bots get a bad rap, because there were some really poorly done ones, that were worse than anything that came out of the Transformers line. I've got an A-10 here, named Bad Boy (names were another problem with the line) that sucks out loud. Powerglide was miles ahead. Later the Go-Bots line gave us tranforming rocks. Who came up with that one?

I always liked Go-Bots when I was a kid, because they were about the same size as my Matchbox and Hotwheels cars. Transformers were always cooler, though.

I still have the silver and gold transforming rocks! :p