Wanted: Isthar's humming

Stargazer

Macross 2 question:

Does anyone have the humming song that Isthar sings when she is in the Alus Nova? And could you possibly send it to me on e-mail if you do? I've tried to find it on the Net, but alas no luck there... :(

Please? Anyone?

She's singing the notes to the same song Wendy Ryder sings during the UN Spacy Moon Festival. She's singing a less upbeat version of "Only Your Friend"

If you'd like more info, email me.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

The song Ishtar hums is titled "Only Your Friend," which is preformed by Wendy Ryder (I believe her seiyuu is Mika Kaneko). The song can be found on Macross II OST Volume 1, track 15. You won't find Ishtar humming that song on any of the OSTs though. Hope this helps.

Edit: And Seto Kaiba beats me to it as I hit "Add Reply."

Edited by Oihan

I know it's the same song that Wendy Ryder sings (Only your friend) and I have her version. But I want the humming version aswell... :)

So what I'm looking for is Ishtar's humming version. Do you have it Seto Kaiba? Anyway, check your e-mail.

I'm suprised, I've gotten about a dozen PM's asking for the song.

I'll be making a temporary DL of it instead of sending it via email, since it'll be easier.

I am however, currently hampered by server-based complications, which will be resolved in the next few days, and the looming personal deadline for the completion of SVFA-88.org so hopefully the download will be prepared along with the site, which is, by the way, entirely devoted to Macross II (and a few different RPGs) and open to guests.

I'll let all those who requested it know when it's ready.

I appreciate your patience. :)

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 1 month later...

I am SO sorry for the delay, and I really do appreciate your patience. Our PHPNUKE webportal went down (server bug) and we're reinstalling the software now. The download will be available through there.

• 2 weeks later...

gah... we are hamstrung by technical difficulties at the moment, if you want, feel free to blame the state government, since it's their budget cuts which are the root of this ridiculous problem. They've capped my weekly bandwidth at 3gb total transfer, consisting of up to 3gb downloaded or 1gb uploaded before I'm cut off for the week. Naturally with the amount of data I send and recieve while working on both my site and my paying projects exceeds 3gb by a ridiculous level, so making updates to my site is a little iffy without trips to the diagnostics lab (where the bandwidth cap is not in effect) or to my brother's apartment.

Ideally, you'll all have your download within the next week or so, barring power outages, etc. Again, my sincerest apologies for the utterly unreasonable wait. :(

If any of you would like a more detailed update on the progress of the fixes to the Macross II Reference Guide, you can find me at webmaster@svfa-88.org

~S.K.~

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

*doink*

Since nothing has happened I ask again...

Anyone know or have an mp3 file of the humming-song Ishtar sings in Alus Nova? It's the same melody as the song Wendy Ryder sings at the Moon Festival.

Me wants..... :rolleyes:

Stargazer, my most profound apologies for the delay.

My computer committed hardware suicide, so I'm replacing the entire machine, then pulling the 3 500gb storage drives from the old machine and adding them to the new one. Should be doing that this upcoming weekend. I gotta tell ya, it was cheaper to buy a new one, when my motherboard and almost everything plugged into it died all at once.

Anyways, the title of the song you're looking for is "Only My Friend" sung in three variants. Instrumental (which is pretty much obligatory), Ishtar's humming version, and Wendy Rider's vocal during the U.N. Spacy Moon Festival. Two variants are included on volumes one and two of the Macross II soundtrack CDs.

Version 3, the humming, is only on the DVD. I should have something thrown back together as soon as I finish migrating to my new computer.

Also Star, I have a new e-mail address and website. We've decided that since interest in the site is up, to move to a new domain, and get that running, and expand our public collections of Macross II art, screencaps, and reference materials. The new website's gonna be pretty easy to remember, since it's URL is www.Macross2.net. However, I will warn you we're REALLY threadbare right now while I migrate between computers. The discussion boards are available right now, but the avatar gallery is misbehaving in some of the styles. It can be accessed at www.Macross2.net/boards/index.php. My new e-mail is Webmaster@Macross2.net.

I'll post a download in the forums for that song. I'm not sure how I'll define the permissions for the download, so you might have to register to get the file. After that, it'll be put into the Compendium database.

(The new computer's substantially more powerful than the one I was using. Athlon FX-57 processor, nForce4 SLI motherboard, 2gb Ultra Low Latency DDR 400, 2 GeForce 7800 GTX KO video cards, and the boot drive is a pair of 10000rpm Raptors in RAID 0)

Seto!

Congrats on getting a new computer system and website! :) I'll head on over there and check things out right away.. I'm not on MW so much anymore for some reason, so my responsetime is somewhat...... long... ;) But I'll check in every now and then here aswell.

The Macross II Soundtrack was broken up into two CDs. One was commonly available in the US, while the other was not (got both eventually). That's probably one of the better songs on the soundtrack.

334530[/snapback]

Yeah, I scored both. My volume 1 is in english print, from US Renditions, and volume 2 is printed in Japanese. Still, both are excellently done albums, and I by some happy accident, I have two copies of each one. ^_^ Some tracks are on both, and there are some tracks that I swear never appeared in the DVD edition on there as well. And a lot of the tracks include more than was shown (heard) in the movie.

Star, the new comp is courtesy of a few wonderful friends of mine who helped me slap that thing together in such a short span of time. It's amazing what you can find when you shop at computer parts stores in college towns. We decided to pick a URL that everyone could remember this time. There's just no graceful way to spell the old url without someone dropping the dash in there. As to getting the site running, I'm installing my website design tools (Dreamweaver 8, Adobe Creative Suite 2, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003 and my dummy MySQL server) now, so expect to see some progress showing up on the new site sometime around Monday at the earliest, and possibly Wednesday at the latest, in the form of the avatar galleries, and mecha info pages. :D

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 10 years later...