bandai mission gashapon sets 1, 2 and 3

do not disturb

so to continue with some more reviews of silly macross products, i figured a review on the gashapons(my new found love) was in order. :)

mission set 1

so i got 2 of these sets at $10 a piece. each set contains 5 figures so its not bad considering the price but the details are lacking as well as poseability for the first mission sets. because they are made of vinyl, if they are poorly stored or packaged, they'll pretty much be jacked especially the wings on the 1J hikaru's fighter and gerwalk...hence why i bought 2 sets. ;) this is currently the only set you can get the 1J hikaru in...

the set itself contains the following figures...

1J hikaru in fighter

1J hikaru in gerwalk

1J hikaru in battroid

1S roy in battroid

tomahawk destroid

so whats so great about them?

well for one, anyone can play with them without any fear of breaking them. theres not much you can do with these other than have them stand there but they're pretty neat nonetheless...i mean its only $10 for some macross goodness. :D

i wouldn't say these are a "must have" but if you got the other sets, the completist bug will have you wanting. by far the worst of the 3 sets but worth owning.

these are kind of HTF, so if you find a couple in your local anime/hobby store, try and hook up some members here who might be looking for them. :)

mission set 2

this is where things get better in the line..more for the robotech people if you will.

so i also got 2 of these sets a $25 a set. yeah definitely more pricey than the mission 1 sets but they're about 100 times better in everyway.

the set itself contains each of the following figures....

1S roy battroid

1J max battroid

1J millia battroid

1A CF brownie battroid

1S strike hikaru in fighter mode

1S strike roy in fighter mode with pivoting display stand

regult, it only includes 1 but there 2 varients, 1 with the large missile pack and 1 with the small, and they each come with the extra piece to make a regular pod.

well damn, this set only has 7 figures, so whats with the $25 price tag?

first off, the poseability is great...i mean out-friggin-standing! in comparison to the M1 set(mission 1). the arms, head, feet, knees, hips, etc...were talking more than just a few points of articulation. these are also made of vinyl but they(bandai) did make a huge improvement by making the wings for the fighter modes with semi-stiff plastic to prevent the wings from bending like in M1 set.

all that being said, this is VHTF cause everyone bought atleast 2 sets to get each regult varient and the brownies aka CFs. if you can find these at your local anime/hobby store, i'd defintiely pick up whatever stock they got left, believe me, everyones subconciously(sp?) looking for these and you very rarely see them offered up on ebay, if at all. they're way cool, fun to play with and doesn't take up too much space. :)

mission set 3

i picked 2 of these up as well(like you couldn't have guessed) for $20 and $25 for each set. they aren't much different from set 2 but this is what i consider the DYRL set.

this set contains each the following..

1S strike roy in battroid

1S strike hikaru in battroid

1A super max in battroid

1A super hikaru in battroid

1J super max in gerwalk

1J super millia in gerwalk

q-rau, green

officers pod

after looking at what it comes with, you'll see why i bought 2 of these as well. :p these aren't much different from the M2 set, so theres no need for me to repeat why these are so great. if you're a valkoholic, like i'm a valkoholic, these are definitely a must have just to fool around with, keep at the office, carry in your pocket(if you're that guy :p )

you can pick these up for fairly cheap(less than i paid) now cause they've been out a while and the market is saturated with them at the moment. if you're a DYRL fan, if you like super/strike armor, you can't lose with this set.

okay thats it for now, i'll try and post some pics when i get a chance. :)

Edited by haterist