Macross half dones

Less than Super Ostrich

Well... its the calm before the storm. My new baby (our third) is due any day now. And I know all my modeling free time will be sucked away. I have aspirations of going to wonderfest this year and I wanted to bring along some of my stuff. I have a couple half done kits that I'll show below.

First up... the Cat's eye recast. Overall a good kit, but some fit problems. Liberal use of Mori Mori putty filled most of the holes in the fuselage, but several of the panel lines will likely have to be rescribed. I plan to pin the wings since the attachments used won't allow you to do the fuselage first and then attach the wings. Also, I thought pins would add to reinforcement of the wings. P.S. Expect an unperfect radome... I expect that is impossible to recast perfectly.

post-3-1101192556_thumb.jpg

Ok... I actually finish a model or two. This is my first Armor Model. I did Tamiya's M1A1 Abrams tank and it was SUPER EASY. Weathering is subtle. The biggest pain were the people. I got the camo right (fine chocolate chip), but the faces suck. I need to invest in some oil paints to do it right. I took it to the Butch Ohare show in Chicago and it was photographed for Fine Scale Modeler... pretty neat for my first armor model.

post-3-1101193149_thumb.jpg

lol i hear you some times it takes me forever to finish anything anymore. i still have 2 unfinished F-90 gundams and a SV-51 Macross :lol: now I got the PG Strike Gundam coming in :blink: you should finish that SDF-1 it looks real nice.

1/72 glaug,

1/72 hasegawavf-1 Battroids X 3,

2 hasegawa vf-1 fighters with fast packs,

1 vinil son goku (over 1 year waiting to be finished)

144's vf-11 with resin armor X 2 (3 months waiting)

hasegawa Minmay gerwalk X 2

As you can see you aren't the only one who has the model no-time-to-get-to-them blues..is just a nomal face on the model building life that toys collector don't go through; is called priorities in life

A pic of what I am currently working on and this has priority to be finished over any other model by year's end ...

post-3-1101248162_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1