MechMod for Half-Life with VF-1J...

Pat S

heh, someone beat me to it! This great mod is indeed for the first Half-Life, but the programmers have done amazing things with the engine. They've added all kinds of shaders and lighting effects.

They are, however, also doing a Half-Life 2 mod which will be much larger in scope.

I've had a lot of fun playing this mod so far, you should all check it out! Flying around with someone's missiles swirling after you while you shoot'em down with the VF's gun is a blast! =)

• 5 months later...

Mecha Mod has updated their WEBSITE with some new goodies. There's some new and original mecha up now, and the customization menu looks interesting, although it won't allow you to make changes to the degree that Armored Core would allow. Maybe someday they can implement a system where you can create your own skin. The failed game Soldner had a system where you would "build" your uniform from a selection of fatigues, web gear, and accessories. It would be great if you could do this to create your own mecha, although for gameplay balance you'd have to be restricted to the default performance specs.

Oh, and check out the pics of the VF-1J, which I think is an interesting take on the classic Hikaru scheme, a'la DYRL.