[Gundam ACE] - Deacon Reviews and Scanlates!

Deacon Blues

Hiya Gundam fans!!

Needless to say I have always been on a quest to obtain Gundam ACE and what not just so I could see what the hell was in it. I never had the chance to travel to some nearby store that sold it, so I found a website online this past week, and I ordered myself one of the last two installments that just came out on October 28th. So! I though I'd start something new each and every month. I'll post scanlations and comments on the plot relative to the story in Gundam ACE! Cool, huh? Well, I'll see how it goes.

Gundam ACE

December 2004

No. 28

FOLD OUT POSTERS

GUNDAM SEED DESTINY THE EDGE

GUNDAM SEED DESTINY ASTRAY

SEED DESTINY CHASE

The beginning of Gundam ACE offers us a nice little packaging of sorts for the newest Gundam show, SEED DESTINY. Following several pages with characters (the standard art that we see in the op), their voice actor listings, and a brief description, we are treated to a story guide (PHASE-01 to PHASE-07) and an interview with two stars of the show. The two actors are Kenichi Suzumura (Shinn Asuka) and Maaya Sakamoto (Lunamaria Hawke). Basically it comments on the series itself and opinions from the seiyuu's and what not. I'll scan it when I have the time.

GUNDAM THE ORIGIN SECTION II

Gundam the Origin START

Gundam the Origin [Page 54]

Gundam the Origin [Page 55]

Gundam the Origin [Page 98]

Gundam the Origin [Page 99]

Gundam the Origin [Page 100]

This installment takes place right after the death of Zeon Daikun, and throws us right into the mix with the assassination of Saslo Zabi. Dozle escapes the bombing, and as you can see, he's clearly peeved and wants to act. The story goes on, and the public is made to think that the Earth Federation is the main faction behind all of this (Daikun's death) and that Jimba Ral and his family assassinated Saslo. Ultimately, Degwin, Kishiria, and Ramba all make their own moves. The Munzo colony is in complete disarray as citizens riot and set fire to many things. The Daikun family is allowed to leave as per Degwin a la Gihren, Ramba Ral (who has been in hiding) asks Hamon to help his father escape (Hamon is like a BEAUTY in this manga), and as such, Kishiria goes to meet with young Casval. She then handcuffs him! KINKY! =D

Although this is an alternative take on the UC era show, we get to see Jimba Ral, and how he's rather paranoid and what not about the recent turn of events. I hope I can backtrack to previous chapters! =D

GUNDAM SEED DESTINY ASTRAY

Destiny Astray START

In this installment, we are introduced to Bernadette Leroux, a coordinator and journalist. Coincidentally, both her and Jess have the opportunity to interview legendary ace Alliance pilot EDWARD HARRELSON. Unfortunately, upon meeting the pilot, they are rather disappointed because he doesn't appear to be "ace pilot" material. As the interview begins to wind down, the base has received word that 3 Raider Gundams are on their way to attack Edward. So, he hops into the Sword Calamity and attacks. Jess, in the Gundam Astray Out Frame, takes some great shots of the action. As such, Bernadette airs her story, and Jess gets a little urked that it wasn't all what he had planned it to be. As the story concludes, we seen an Alliance commander briefing it's three remaining ace pilots, Morgan Chevalier (Moonlight Mad Dog), Jane Houston (White Whale) and Lena Imelia (Sakura Burst) to finish him off.

ECOLE DU CIEL

Ecole du Ciel START

Installment 5 begins in this issue where some of the teamsters are held hostage aboard their ship. They manage to thwart that, and end up in a colony being chased by a Hizack.

GUNDAM X UNDER THE MOONLIGHT

GUNDAM X START

The manga finally starts after first previewing in last months magazine. The Mirage and Rosa Rosa crew faces off in a salvage duel. And... out of some cosmic force at work, they find a Gundam under the ocean... along with another sleeping beauty names Kai who was "hibernating" in the cockpit. Ha! CRAZY!

INU GANDAMU!!

INU GANDAMU!! ROFLMFAO!!

NO COMMENT. It's just wrong... just so very wrong...

TURN A GUNDAM SIDESTORY!! WIND OF THE MOON: LORAN'S DAY

TURN A GUNDAM START

Here her have Loran in his Dianna Counter training days where they are fighing off a spirit or a ghost or something that inhibits people or something. I didn't read it too much, but... yeah...

Overall, I am REALLY HAPPY with this magazine, and I hope that I can actually get to scanning and translating it all. If you are interested in assisting with this, please contact me!! Sorry for the gargantuan titles... =D

Deacon Blues

Administrator of Zeonic-Corps.net