OMG. Bandai is rereleasing the BPX-01 Yamato.

UN Spacy

Wow, this is a great opportunity for those who are bummed that they missed out on the Yamato SOP's first release! Personally, I don't think it's worth nearly 200 bucks. Honestly, I don't think it's worth 100. I sold mine way back for almost double what I payed for it originally... and I've seen some go for 600 +... which is just insane.

The Yamato SOP, while not quite a 'POS' as people like to joke, is not nearly as cool as most folks make it out to be. IMO, it's cheap and plastic-y with a painful lack of diecast. It is nicely detailed, has some cute gimmicks, and a damn fine sculpt, but I just am in awe that people are clamoring for it at this price. As ol' saying goes: 'a fanboy and his money are soon parted...' :lol:

Wow, this is a great opportunity for those who are bummed that they missed out on the Yamato SOP's first release! Personally, I don't think it's worth nearly 200 bucks. Honestly, I don't think it's worth 100. I sold mine way back for almost double what I payed for it originally... and I've seen some go for 600 +... which is just insane.

The Yamato SOP, while not quite a 'POS' as people like to joke, is not nearly as cool as most folks make it out to be. IMO, it's cheap and plastic-y with a painful lack of diecast. It is nicely detailed, has some cute gimmicks, and a damn fine sculpt, but I just am in awe that people are clamoring for it at this price. As ol' saying goes: 'a fanboy and his money are soon parted...' :lol:

You're right. It's probably not worth that much. However, it's the only good quality non-kit representation of the Space Battleship Yamato that's out there.

And until this news came in, it wasn't out there.. unless you wanted to pay six hundred bucks. Those of us who missed it the first time are just glad to have a chance to get it at a relatively reasonable price.. compared to eBay, anyway.

Unless another company decides to make a better Yamato toy, this is the one to own.

alrighty, so i've been reading up on this and its beginning to grow on me but i still don't know if i'm going to shell out the dough for this? maybe if i find it cheap here in the states i'll pick it up, but the pre-order price and HLJ shipping(LIES) are out of hand.

Wow. Those look pretty sweet. How much do they generally go for?

Regrettably, the Museum of Leiji Matsumoto were released a few years back and are no longer produced. The toy pieces were released 24 years ago. Your best bet is when they occasionally pop up on eBay. During the Thanksgiving weekend, I will try to take more detailed and sid-by-side comparison pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to take some better comparison pictures.

The Soul of Popinika Yamato next to a Playmate Enterprise-E

m4genterpriseyamato.jpg

Four different Yamato pieces

k1cyamatoallsizes.jpg

Should anyone want additional pictures or images of the other EDF ships, let me know.

For reviews and features on this previously released toy, I would check the following links at Toyboxdx.

You Say Ya-Mah-to, I Say Ya-May-to

The 19800Â¥ Question

Big (Scale) Ones

I personally enjoy this piece. Is it worth the price? Like many of you, I did find it pricey even when it was initially offered. However, I am a huge Space Battleship Yamato fan. Given its many features, despites its lack of metal contact, I could not wait for this to come out so I pre-ordred it from HJL. For myself, I found it a worthwhile purchase just as I bought a 1/48 VF-1S and fastpacks. ;)

m4genterpriseyamato.jpg

k1cyamatoallsizes.jpg

Should anyone want additional pictures or images of the other EDF ships, let me know.

For reviews and features on this previously released toy, I would check the following links at Toyboxdx.

The 19800Â¥ Question

Big (Scale) Ones

I personally enjoy this piece. Is it worth the price? Like many of you, I did find it pricey even when it was initially offered. However, I am a huge Space Battleship Yamato fan. Given its many features, despites its lack of metal contact, I could not wait for this to come out so I pre-ordred it from HJL. For myself, I found it a worthwhile purchase just as I bought a 1/48 VF-1S and fastpacks. ;)

What's the scale of Playmates 1701-E? I might pick up a Bandai Enterprise in the near future. :ph34r:

m4genterpriseyamato.jpg

k1cyamatoallsizes.jpg

The 19800Â¥ Question

Big (Scale) Ones

Show more pics of the EDF battleships and Andromeda. I have the Andromeda and teh Yamato but I am loonging at what else is out there. I see the battleship. was there anything else?

Nice pics, although does anyone have any pics of the SOP Yamato with the Nomuras (or a Mikumo reissue) or an original Popynica (preferably the Big Scale one, but somehow I doubt many people would be willing to shell out the cash for it)?

Someone did a comparison between the 20" Popinica Yamato and the BPX-01 Yamato. Currently, I can not find, but I will post the link if I locate it. From what I remember the 20" Popinica Yamato is a little bigger and obviously heavier. Essentially, I compare those two like the chunky monkey in comparsion to a 1/48 valkyrie. One is heavier and more rugged. The other is more delicate, but has more detail.

yamato.jpg

Popinica Big Scale Yamato

Space Cruiser Yamato Toys

Die-Cast Yamato comparisons

Speaking of EDF ships, check out this version of Okita's flagship from the first Yamato episode. ;)

ok6.jpg

It Combines Personal Hygiene and Fun!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...