Zero vol 5 HK

Keith

Isn't it a boxset containing all the 5 discs from the orignal HK release? Because I was talking about an eventual future release of a pair of discs or so like the Mac+ edition available at Valkyrie-Exchange for example :)

Isn't it a boxset containing all the 5 discs from the orignal HK release? Because I was talking about an eventual future release of a pair of discs or so like the Mac+ edition available at Valkyrie-Exchange for example  :)

The link above is the Macross Zero Perfect Edition bootleg. Its 2 discs. I wonder if the subs are the same.

Edited by dejr8bud

I'd love to see this subbed the right way and/or even dare I say, dubbed. Question though... since the mecha designs are new and the characters are new, wouldn't this be able to make it stateside? That would be great to see an official release of this over here. :D Well, here's to wishing

Question though... since the mecha designs are new and the characters are new, wouldn't this be able to make it stateside?

Nobody really knows. I'll try to give a summary here, but if anyone has any followups or objections, they should go in the pinned RT/Macross licensing thread.

The more rabid HG supporters would claim that M0 is a derivative of SDF Macross under copyright law, and since HG owns the SDF Macross copyright in the US, they would be within their rights to prevent US distribution of M0. Personally, I find the copyright claims made on HG's behalf to be highly dubious. It's true that they own the SDF TV copyright, but the rest doesn't follow. This is chiefly because SDF TV isn't the "original work" of the Macross franchise; the "original work" of Macross is the line art and story outline which gave rise to both SDF TV & DYRL; the various sequels/prequels stem from the "original work", not from the SDF TV series.

HG themselves have offered varying arguments but most of their case apparently depends not on copyright issues but on their claim to own the "Macross" trademark in the US. If that claim holds up, BW might still be able to sneak M0 through simply by renaming the OAV.

Personally, I think that HG's trademark claim is vulnerable to challenge. So in my opinion, there's a chance that BW, allied with Bandai, will go ahead and release the OAV with the existing title, thus daring HG to take legal action.

Isn't it a boxset containing all the 5 discs from the orignal HK release? Because I was talking about an eventual future release of a pair of discs or so like the Mac+ edition available at Valkyrie-Exchange for example  :)

The link above is the Macross Zero Perfect Edition bootleg. Its 2 discs. I wonder if the subs are the same.

Ooops... I didn't see this detail... :p