My first custom 1/55

Bluedeath

Not too shabby. I like it. What kind of decal paper did you use? Water slides or stickers? Maybe you should try making the Hasegawa design vernier locks. (the black circle with the line in the middle) the Hase versions kinda look like a keyhole.

Oh and silver or aluminum spray paint makes the landing gear system look almost real.

Edited by Solscud007

Bluedeath,

Nice work! I like the fact that you want to keep it as a toy, it give it the old nostalgic play factor and to mention what could have been released bakc in the days.

I too am going to be building a 1/55 Elint Custom as soon as the kit (from Mike) and decals (from Devin) arrive.

Where did you get the boot?

How much are they and where can I get some?

Good Luck on the Elint?

NB4M ;)

I've bought it from atopunch for around 20€ (about 25 $) is the same bootleg that you can see converted to Ivanov VF1A (sorry but i can't remember the name of the member who made it). Originally was a Hikaru VF1A lucky me, red and black stripes were card stickers so after I removed them i had a full white VF1 with no distinctive sign. the only thing that i had to do was fill the hole of the button that turns on cockpit leds (they never worked) and repaint the nosecone and the blue part.

I don't think they have more of this bootlegs but the site isHERE

Beware that the plastic is almost the same quality of the 5$ carded VF1S even if look better (it is not translucent) pay extreme attention to the screws when you will reassemble it.

he good part is that the gun fires and is a fairly good "recast" (better than Joon's a can say) an it fires too!

Really bad news are that you can't swap parts between thiss bootleg and a real bandai/taka.

Edited by Bluedeath

Thanks, Bludeath.

But where do you live? On a previous thread someone had these for about that price with shipping. If I recall correctly they were from Carrefour, a store from Hong Kong?

Still, I give autopunch a try and see if he still can get these.

Thanks Again,

NB4M ;)

Thanks, Bludeath.

But where do you live? On a previous thread someone had these for about that price with shipping. If I recall correctly they were from Carrefour, a store from Hong Kong?

Still, I give autopunch a try and see if he still can get these.

Thanks Again,

NB4M ;)

I'm italian. carrefour is a french based wal mart like superstore network. But wasn't able to find them at our stores.

• 3 weeks later...

Bluedeath,

Great work, I'm happy to see someone else in Macross World doing 1/55 customs, since those are what I am currently working on. You find a cheap joon and some spare Jetfire parts, you have to create. My attempt at a VF-1C is almost done, hope it comes out at well as your Max!

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice custom. :D

Your future customs sound interesting. B))

What the? Where was I when this topic started? :huh:

Anyhow, I like the pic in the background on your computer screen. It looks like Max and Hikaru are playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors".

Hikaru - "WHAT?! You picked rock again?! I order you to choose a different one!"

:lol:

I've used the episode when they are captive in the zentraedi cruiser, i did so to show that Max VF1A has U.N. spacy symbols on both wings. In fact I'm wondering why all other planes have only one wing marked and Kakizaki/Ben just white wings.

:blink: Hey, thanks for pointing that out. :D

:huh: You know, I'd never really noticed. Especially since I'm one to pick up on things like that, but your right on both accounts. B))

I blame work related stress making me less alert. <_<

Edited by Wheels