So...*nobody* bought F-Zero GX?

isamu

I like the X-Box controller S..

The only back thing about the GC controller is its small D-pad. But I've been playing fighting games on pretty much every major system... so I adapt pretty quickly. The GC controller is my new favorite for SC2, much easier to do the most common button combos. The only one that isn't super easy is the g+b(because my thumb fits perfectly between the buttons) so I just use the R button.

My little bro rented FZ-GX. I didn't even bother trying it. Number one, I have no interest in futuristic or sci-fi racers (although I'm a huge fan of GT style games), and I can't hold the Cube controller. After about 15 min, it hurts so bad that I have to stop. I personally like the XBOX regular controller better than any pad ever, so that may give you an indication of why the cube one is so bad for me.

Damn! Your hands must be bigger then me!! :o

Can you hold a GBA-SP?

Edited by Abombz!!

I only wanted to know what made it better than WipEout

You know theres a better way of asking the same question then the way you did. <_<

The way you asked, not only did you slam the system the game is on, but you also slammed the game itself without having played it. How do you expect ppl to react? ;)

And by the way... while you may not get a kick out of playing the GC version... I would defenetly look for the arcade version of F-Zero. B)

The only back thing about the GC controller is its small D-pad. But I've been playing fighting games on pretty much every major system... so I adapt pretty quickly. The GC controller is my new favorite for SC2, much easier to do the most common button combos. The only one that isn't super easy is the g+b(because my thumb fits perfectly between the buttons) so I just use the R button.

You use the D-pad to play SC? I'm damn impressed. Also a little surprised as I head nothing but bad things about fighting games on the Gamecube.

Personally I just bought a good arcade stick and some converters, can't stand using d-pads... any d-pads.

WHAT!!?? :o

What do you mean WipeOut Fusion sucks??! That game kicks ass!

What makes F-Zero on the "kiddie" console better than WipeOut?

Do tell, I must know.

Umm, because AM Vision shits all over Psygnosis, and Toshihiro Nagoshi is the same gentlemen that is responsible for Daytona USA, Super GT and the Sega Rally series. I give WipEout its props, but it doesn't hold a candle to F:0.

lightning_l.jpg

aeropolis_l.jpg

mutecity_l.jpg

tube_l.jpg

Best futuristic racer. Ever.

Only thing missin in it is a car with a decal of Calvin pissing on the WipEout logo.

:blink:

Why ya gotta hate on w1pe0ut?

I own Every incarnation of F-Zero. GX is an awesome game. Still, my heart will always have a soft spot for Team Feisar.

Edited by Yang_Neumann

At least I have Otogi and Disgeae to tide me over. :)

What is Otogi and Disgeae?

Oh and is anyone playing with the Logitech wheel? Impressions?

Otogi is an Xbox game made by the same ppl who did Armored Core. You are basically this demon brought back to life... and you have to go through levels in a tone down Dynasty Warriors type game. Everything is destroyable... and you can throw enemies through houses and what nots.

Disgaea is this really cool anime style strategy RPG. It has this really deep Final Fantasy Tactics style job system.... and the ability to level up to level 10000. :lol:

Otogi is an Xbox game and Disgaea is a PS2 game.

Doesn't Otogi use a simplified engine similar to GunValkyrie?

You use the D-pad to play SC? I'm damn impressed. Also a little surprised as I head nothing but bad things about fighting games on the Gamecube.

Personally I just bought a good arcade stick and some converters, can't stand using d-pads... any d-pads.

lol, its all about adaptation

after 2 rounds I'm in my groove on any system

I'm kind of a fighting game nut so I'm used to changing up. Came from playing Street Fighter on pretty much every major system since and including the SNES and Genesis. :)

At least I have Otogi and Disgeae to tide me over. :)

What is Otogi and Disgeae?

Oh and is anyone playing with the Logitech wheel? Impressions?

Otogi is an Xbox game made by the same ppl who did Armored Core. You are basically this demon brought back to life... and you have to go through levels in a tone down Dynasty Warriors type game. Everything is destroyable... and you can throw enemies through houses and what nots.

Disgaea is this really cool anime style strategy RPG. It has this really deep Final Fantasy Tactics style job system.... and the ability to level up to level 10000. :lol:

Otogi is an Xbox game and Disgaea is a PS2 game.

Doesn't Otogi use a simplified engine similar to GunValkyrie?

Beats me... but my guess would be yes. Its better then Gunvalk though, much better in fact.

I just had to chime in on this thread once I heard someone mention Wipeout. Wipeout XL will always be IMO the best futuristic racer ever. I know I might sound crazy but I stand by my words. I have Wipeout 3, Fusion, F-Zero GBA, and GX and I still have the most fun playing XL. Granted, F-Zero GX has all the graphics, tracks, options and is the most recent game(good in it's own right) but for me it just doesn't cut it when I'm looking for the sense of speed and control that I experience while playing Wipeout XL. Maybe its because this was the first game that introduced me to the PS1 or the fact that is was the 1st game that I bought for that system, I dunno. :) I just love the dark atmosphere and the whole design of the world that XL brings. The handling of the craft was so spot on and no other game has yet to reproduce it (even the other Wipeout sequels). You feel every bump and turn on the track and the faster you get it feels just like your actually flying/floating inches off the ground (not like these other games where it just looks that way). And the craft drift and turn like they have a real sense of weight behind them.

Hey, anyone who can do a perfect lap with the Piranha come and talk to me and tell me that XL is not the shizznit.

*Ducks incomming barrage* :p

You know theres a better way of asking the same question then the way you did. <_<

The way you asked, not only did you slam the system the game is on, but you also slammed the game itself without having played it. How do you expect ppl to react? ;)

And by the way... while you may not get a kick out of playing the GC version... I would defenetly look for the arcade version of F-Zero. B)

No problem Abombz!!

But I think you guys could lighten up a bit... I didn't slam the game, I only referred to the GC as "kiddie." It wasn't meant to get anyone pissed. I thought some people might see the humor in it... but I guess not. So, sorrys all around... and let's move on. ;)

NICE Screen shot from F0... WOW, the graphics are pretty good. ARRG! This topic needs to go away. I don't want to buy a console for just one game... :p

How many of you guys here have all three consoles? I only have PS2, and I'm trying to justify buying an XBox too. Can anyone talk me out of this?

No problem Abombz!!

But I think you guys could lighten up a bit... I didn't slam the game, I only referred to the GC as "kiddie." It wasn't meant to get anyone pissed. I thought some people might see the humor in it... but I guess not. So, sorrys all around... and let's move on. ;)

NICE Screen shot from F0... WOW, the graphics are pretty good. ARRG! This topic needs to go away. I don't want to buy a console for just one game... :p

How many of you guys here have all three consoles? I only have PS2, and I'm trying to justify buying an XBox too. Can anyone talk me out of this?

Yep. But even then... you had to know ppl would jump on your for bashing the GC... specially on a CG related topic. :lol:

I own all 3 consoles. I'm most displeased with the Xbox. While it is the best built console of the 3 (dispite being the size of a VCR). The hard drive is nice, so is the built in modem.... but the controller sucks, and the games are seriously lacking. The only real strength of the Xbox are sports games, everything else seems to be lacking, specially since most games come out on PC and done better. <_<

Stick to the PS2.... if you haven't bought an Xbox by now... no reason to get it.

The only reason I wanted XBox was for Halo anyway....

Are the Halo games on the PC as well? If so, then I will take your advice and skip the XBox...

Well, with that said, I may have to just get one of those GCs instead, get F0 for it and shut the hell up. :lol::lol:

Are the Halo games on the PC as well? If so, then I will take your advice and skip the XBox...

Well, with that said, I may have to just get one of those GCs instead, get F0 for it and shut the hell up. :lol::lol:

Hmmm... the first Halo is coming out on PC next month. but trust me.... its not all that cracked up to be.

As far as halo 2 goes.... its still up in the air. MS claimed it was Xbox exclusive.... but that might change in time.

And trust me... not game is good enough to make you buy a system just for it.

Well, with that said, I may have to just get one of those GCs instead, get F0 for it and shut the hell up.  :lol:  :lol:

Hmmm... the first Halo is coming out on PC next month. but trust me.... its not all that cracked up to be.

As far as halo 2 goes.... its still up in the air. MS claimed it was Xbox exclusive.... but that might change in time.

And trust me... not game is good enough to make you buy a system just for it.

You're right about that, but Halo was d@mn close. And for the record, I am not a hard core gamer by any stretch of the imagination and I hated 1st person shooters before Halo, but that game was great.

and more on topic -

I have F-Zero GX and from what I've played it's 'nice'. There's just this place in my heart for the Super Nintendo version that no future racer for any system has been able to invade.

-b.

I just had to chime in on this thread once I heard someone mention Wipeout. Wipeout XL will always be IMO the best futuristic racer ever. I know I might sound crazy but I stand by my words. I have Wipeout 3, Fusion, F-Zero GBA, and GX and I still have the most fun playing XL. Granted, F-Zero GX has all the graphics, tracks, options and is the most recent game(good in it's own right) but for me it just doesn't cut it when I'm looking for the sense of speed and control that I experience while playing Wipeout XL. Maybe its because this was the first game that introduced me to the PS1 or the fact that is was the 1st game that I bought for that system, I dunno. :) I just love the dark atmosphere and the whole design of the world that XL brings. The handling of the craft was so spot on and no other game has yet to reproduce it (even the other Wipeout sequels). You feel every bump and turn on the track and the faster you get it feels just like your actually flying/floating inches off the ground (not like these other games where it just looks that way). And the craft drift and turn like they have a real sense of weight behind them.

Hey, anyone who can do a perfect lap with the Piranha come and talk to me and tell me that XL is not the shizznit.

*Ducks incomming barrage* :p

Thank you Omega. All you w1pe0ut haters out there better recognize! W1pe0ut and Philosoma were the first games I ever played on the PSX. XL and its upgrade for N64 are my favorites from the series. If only XL supported the analog stick(s) it would've made the experience complete.

I just had to chime in on this thread once I heard someone mention Wipeout.  Wipeout XL will always be IMO the best futuristic racer ever.  I know I might sound crazy but I stand by my words.  I have Wipeout 3, Fusion, F-Zero GBA, and GX and I still have the most fun playing XL.  Granted, F-Zero GX has all the graphics, tracks, options and is the most recent game(good in it's own right) but for me it just doesn't cut it when I'm looking for the sense of speed and control that I experience while playing Wipeout XL.  Maybe its because this was the first game that introduced me to the PS1 or the fact that is was the 1st game that I bought for that system, I dunno. :)  I just love the dark atmosphere and the whole design of the world that XL brings.  The handling of the craft was so spot on and no other game has yet to reproduce it (even the other Wipeout sequels).  You feel every bump and turn on the track and the faster you get it feels just like your actually flying/floating inches off the ground (not like these other games where it just looks that way).  And the craft drift and turn like they have a real sense of weight behind them.

*Ducks incomming barrage*  :p

Thank you Omega. All you w1pe0ut haters out there better recognize! W1pe0ut and Philosoma were the first games I ever played on the PSX. XL and its upgrade for N64 are my favorites from the series. If only XL supported the analog stick(s) it would've made the experience complete.

Just because it was the first game most ppl played on the PSX doesn't make the game good. Example? Mine was Battle Arena Toshinden... am I going to be taking bullets for it? No!! Because the game sucked!!