Ichiro Itano at Sugoi Con 2004!

Hello all. I just thought I would drop a note here for those of you who might be able to make it to Sugoi Con 2004(www.sugoicon.org) on Nov. 19-21st in Cincinnati, Ohio.

We are pleased to announce Ichiro Itano as a Guest of Honor! :)

I'm sure most (all?) of you know his importance to the Macross universe, but just in case, here is a little info about him:

"Ichiro Itano's trademark style is so legendary in the anime industry that his peers have nicknamed it the Itano Circus: the air-circus-like corkscrewing display of fighters and missile plumes that Macross made world-famous. Itano started working in the late '70s and early '80s as an animator on the first Mobile Suit Gundam and GAINAX's opening videos for the Daicon sci-fi cons. However, he considered quiting anime for the better-paying truck driver life--until Studio Nue remembered his intricate work and tapped him to be Macross's main mechanical animation director. He has since overseen the action on Megazone 23, Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Macross Plus, and Battle Royal High School. This year, he has been busy as the director of the popular suspense hit GANTZ and the special effects director for Macross Zero."

Hope to see you all there!

================

Dana Weaver

Sugoi Con 2004 Con Chair