Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well, in light of that information, I've made a little progress. The macross is an incredibly detailed ship... it's going to take time...

Most of the detailing I've added now is on the main hull and on the mounting for the buster cannon...

post-5-1118059339_thumb.jpg

question:

i know that homeworld 2 is available for both pc and mac but i'm considering buying a powerbook g4 and was wondering whether mods work on macs. uhh, yeah i guess my question is will DYRL:SWO be playable on mac?

Okay, sorry, I know what game it is now. Homeworld 2, right?

Correct, mod is for HW2.

Can't get it cause it hasn't been released yet. We're all *very* *eagerly* awaiting the first public release... *gets pitchfork and bonfire ready...*

Oh, no, I meant where can I get Homeworld 2, but now that I know what game it is, I can find it easily enough. So, is there a projected date of release for the mod?

"When it's done"? :p Compare progress shots of the SDF-1 and you'll get an idea of how the mod creeps along. Not that I'm complaining, the modders are real ppl with lives, so we'll just have to wait.

In the meantime, if you liked the story arc in HW series, take a look at the Dust Wars mod, supposedly the modders there are basing the story on the Dust Wars docs that Relic released. It'll be the last "official" HW storyline product, since HW3 isn't happening anytime soon (read: never).

BTW, wasn't there a request a while ago for ppl to help out with weapons balancing? Anybody know what happened to that? Modders?

I have no idea. Actually, I've never played Homeworld 1 or 2 till I happened upon this thread, heard about the game, and downloaded the demo for Homeworld 2. And yeah, I've seen the SDF-1 model, and I agree with you on how long this takes.

Well, while we're all waiting, you might wanna give the the HW: Macross TC a try. It works on the first Homeworld and basically replaces all the player controlled units with stuff from Macross.

• 5 weeks later...

ATTN: The_Major - please contact me ASAP!

We are, in fact, back in action again. Expect some preliminary screens of the currently-being-updated effects soon (primarily the main guns - "buster cannons" - on the UNS and Meltrandi Gun Destroyers).

In the meantime, please feel free to join our new IRC channel - #DYRL on irc.quakenet.org

Also don't forget to check the thread on the Relic boards periodically as well.

I have an updated ship/weapon listing document for anyone who wants to try to aid us in setting up properly proportioned health/armor/damage values ("balancing", some might say).

Anyone who wants to give it a go, PM or otherwise contact me ASAP.

I would also encourage anyone who wants to help out in areas such as research tree design/development and adjusting build values to contact me ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Still active. Got the finished FAST pack models/textures from the Major, hope to put them in in about 2 weeks or so. I've had to switch back over all of my stuff to focus on actual paying work lately, and so have not been able to get much done on my side of things. The Major is back in the picture again, and Alfie is currently working on some animations (fixing problems with the Zentradi Moluqe and then starting work on the Valks).

I'm getting a "Forbidden" error on the devart link in the concept thread.

I am indeed back in the picture after some rather unsavory events, however i am back to work and completed the FAST and Strike packs as my return project (See below) And i was looking over boxers design for the U.N.S. resource platform, and its really sunk its claws into me, so ill be taking that on as my next project. yes yes i know seem to be ignoring the other races but im gonna do everything i can to finish one race at a time totaly and completely then move on the next, wich will be the Zentradi and then Meltrandi.

post-1733-1123007670_thumb.gif

post-1733-1123007685_thumb.gif

post-1733-1123007694_thumb.gif

beautiful are the fast packs developed only for the vaklyrie model in fighter mode, rather, will valks be transformable?

I designed the fastpacks and strikepacks to be fully transformable along with the valkyrie itself. so it is not a static model and as all the bugs get worked out of the transformation process you will see these on fighters Gerwalks and Batroid modes

Seems like the FAST packs are subsystems, which is awesome.

But... I take it they would be built in the middle of space? Unrealistic yes, but that's the only way I see them implimented. Unless they have them built-on when they're launched.

Seems like the FAST packs are subsystems, which is awesome.

But... I take it they would be built in the middle of space? Unrealistic yes, but that's the only way I see them implimented. Unless they have them built-on when they're launched.

317888[/snapback]

No, FAST packs will not be subsystems. Missile loadouts, however, will be. They are rebuilt on dock/launch. The FAST packs are just modular in terms of the model, so we can easily slap them on and just add the new rigging points for the launchers and booster engines, keeping all of the original data intact (that is, they will be very quick & easy to implement).

Ive gotten alot done with the new resource platform, as a matter of fact its almost done, i just have some mesh touchups to do and then i can start texturing, Cmdr. My AIM is F'ed up again so thats why you havent seen me if you -need- to get a hold of me, for the time being just use the boards here untill i can figure out what the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll say it looks good.

Maybe someday soon I'll get around to an underside drawing :(

I also have Miyatake's design works in my posession, so I CAN do relevant protocutlture, Melt, and new Zjent designs based on the artwork there.

Soory if the first pic is too dark. That's in game shot and looks 10times better than the pic. It's like around 80km wide/22km high,33km deep I think... For a test to see if it would run on my system I had the Trek 15km Doomsday machine attack it. (the creator gave it too many hit points it didnt even get scrathed by the Macross Cannon - 0% dam). Then when it exploded it took 22mins to finish exploding! lol

gorg1.jpg

Here's the model without glows. I turned gun display on so you can see teh tunnel the cannon fires from, incidently it;s sized for a 1km SDF-1 to fit inside. Thre is a huge bubble interior with a command control tower seperate area.

bodolzabase.jpg

6.4k polys

Any chance you could impliment this kind of model?

Yes it is. I posted the link on site long ago but I guess it got moved... I'm heading up the RTmod II effort (building on and expanding the original to be Macross TV and Mospedia). Since it's a starfighter sim at the moment we cannot do ground stuff so Southern Cross will have to wait, However, with mods like Star Fox and others in development and the (now) open source engine upgrades it may be possible in the future (like gravity ect..)

Like i mentioned, a new member found my thread and posted his models but sent me the wrong one first, but since they were both constructed similairly I converted it to test while awaiting the Macross TV one. Plus the other version he had was 4 times bigger (over 240km). I was reluctant to try a model THAT big. I'm simply amazed the first one worked so well. I may have to talk him into redoing our StarBase for trek as it causes MAJOR slowdowns in game when it is on screen compared to his Bodolza base (smooth as silk)...

I'm hoping in the future to convince him to model a Factory Satelite.

Just wanted to get the Team's thought's on the Macross model.

Edited by Star Dragon