Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Not to insult your skill Lestat, but it looks like a poorly made fan rendition of a R!T destroyer. I hope the final one will be a lot better...

In fact the panel texture just looks silly. Why not go with a plain one? (Or at least make the panels translucent enough as to not be as prominent, or make them smaller, or both.)

Edited by Boxer

heh heh well as it was said before this was a preliminary texture not the final one, im sure the final one will be much better, and hey you should see some of my textures when i first start them most of em look like a 2 year old got ahold of the model and some crayons. :p

But im glat to see progress on the ship, i was just wondering about it.

gundestroyer looks awesome, but are it's "sides" supposed to be all invisible or are they just not textured?

yeah i need to tone the white down on the sides but its there to make the hard edges apear "softer" and the engines just arent textured yet, as for the helo deck i took that idea from the ARMD carrier's i wasnt sure how it was going to look but i really like how it turned out.

Here is a touched up version

post-5-1102931092_thumb.jpg

Edited by The_Major

The second shot is looking great. The launch pad looks great. You need to brighten up those yellow areas though on the cannon booms. They're way too dark.

I think that's one of the problems with many of your textures, that you use too much contrast between light and dark. Tone it down 30-50%.

(I know some of it it just 3dex)

Gotta remember Chrono it IS my brainchild. :D Just wanting to keep my place in the credits...

The only qualms I can see with the Resource controller is that for one, the 'landing deck' along the top seems to be a little too high above the rest of the hull. The door's supposed to be rectangular (horizontally) instead of square-ish...

Another is that the two sensor mount pods on the back should end in oval-like things, not in flat circular 'caps'

the last is to shorten the 'length' of the bottom engine. I could take a crack at it again (since I don't appear to have any inspiration for the UNSR or the Melt vers...)

*Still hoping the tuliqui makes it in game...*

...Looks funny all one color. I dunno, maybe it's just me. But the only solid-color UNS ships I can remember is the ARMDs- and I don't know if they were entirely that pale blue color...

Why not change it so that the body is a dark blue or a white?

Walmart :D Nah. Walmart controls the Supervision army. *Imagines a Wal-mart smiley badge*...

Tis my Birthday today. I guess this would make a nice present if I had the mod... Xx... then again HW2 doesn't work on my comp...Xx;...

Any word on those female voices?

how many polys? i'm no expert (hell-i don't know anything about modelling) but will it look rounder after textures, or will the bow look squared off like that?

don't get me wrong--- ITS FCIKING AMAZING, and i can't wait to blow a few up with a few thousands rms-1s

this is torture

finish the mod already

please?

question, decreasing the contrast makes the caliara and gun destroyer look better, but don't you think they'd sort of clash if you compared them to the oberth? or are you going to tweak its textures too?

Edited by dedalus001