Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Looks well done :) One thing to consider: Adding geometry to the four focusing tabs at the front.

Are there illumination maps in HW2? I know they seem to exist in Cata... if they exist in HW2 then I'd suggest lighting up the collection grids so they shine even in the darkest places :)

Edit: Another thing I was thinking about over the weekend was the UI. In the menus for HW2 it looks like there's wire-frames for the ships and their classes. How is this being handled in the MOD?

Edited by Boxer

Woah...!

That's awesome cmdr! I love it. The missile launch is spot on. Has nanashi seen this yet?

As for the side on...

I like it in colour like that. However, I think maybe it would be possible to do an add on pack or something that made it the way you wanted it. But from what I understand, that would be a lot of work for you...

Oh, and Major, I agree with Boxer about the adding geometry to that texture. He's right, It should only be 10 extra polys per square or so...

Edited by Lestat

Looking good.

I don't like the engine plumes though. Isn't there a way to make them softer/more glowy? from here it looks like you stuck crystals on the back and called them engine trails. I guess what I mean to say is that engine trails should look more like 'plumes' instead of solid-geometry objects. It looks like they were taken directly from HW1 (where I thought they were out of place on the Melt fleet ships.

Your mod, just suggesting. Otherwise, can't wait to see it in action.

[Edit:] Engine trails like these would be cool to see, but I don't know how hard it would be to render. Again, it is your mod, and you're the programmer. I'm just an artist and a hopeful future player of this mod, so what weight does my word have?

Edited by Boxer

well i wouldnt be surprised if Fokker has an idea in his head for engine trails to make them more like the movie. its just a matter of getting ships ingame and working properly come before general FX like trails.

But all the same, Verry good work Fokker on getting it ingame.

We just got this post on our forums (Speak of the devil, eh major? lol)...

Thuverl Salan progress...

Thuverl_SC_pBottom.jpg

Thuverl_SC_bottom.jpg

Thuverl_SC_4shade.jpg

Thuverl_SC_4wire.jpg

I suggest team members make a short trip to the boards and comment on this. Personally I think it looks awesome!

Major, like where the macross is going, but I think you should give some of those blocky edges more of a curve:

Now...

|``````|

| |

| |

|______|

What I mean...

/``````\

| |

| |

\______/

You know, more of a bezzled appearance.

Cmdr, that model looks awesome. It's really a team effort. Major modelled it, I textured and modified it, and Cmdr modified it and put it ingame.

That is looking very sweer Fokker, as usual :D can't wait to see the finished effect!

anywho i have done some more work on the SDF-1 what do you all think (now i cant take all the credit for the model as it is lestats original model im just upping the detail but to show you whats been changed here is a shot of the orriginal too.

Before

post-5-1101694204_thumb.jpg