MZero Ep. 5 *SPOILER THREAD*

Agent ONE

For Keith and all others who like to read about what they are going to before they see it, I want this thread.

I want to read reviews about MZero, but I DO NOT want to know what happens untill I see the episode!!!!

I won't be returning to this thread until I have seen Ep. 5 ;)

I must say that i'm quite disappointed with this episode.

Just some feelings after watching a mandarin fansub.........

What exactly is the Hory Froating Head thinking?!?!

Now the "bird-man" has become a giant Venus Fly Trap, complete with purple petals?!

If any one thinks that "magic" was too much to bear in the previous 4 episodes, this one takes the cake!

Flying subs and aircraft carriers... .even without the afos inside them? thats stretching it too much!

Not to mention that animation was picc poor for this episode.....darn.......i would venture to say that animation is waaaaay below par, more series standard rather than OVA...... i just seriously did not like the presentation of Shin hearing mao's voice.......

This episode could have really wrapped up the whole OVA series nicely... so much potential, only to be squandered by Kawamor's whims and fantasies

This episode makes macross 0 on par with Mac II.

So what exactly happens in the end? Who dies? Does it lead into SDF Macross, DYRL or is it just vague? Who or what makes a surprise apppearance?

Aries, Ivanov and Nora are dead.

Sara and Shin are 'gone', as they both appear to head out into space.

Edgar lives but appears for about 15 seconds total.

No direct lead in's to any of the other series.

Probably what's going to hit people the hardest about the episode is that it certainly does appear to suffer from being accelerated to get things finished. Specifically, the cliffhanger of episode 4 is not addressed at all. I mean that literally - no explaination is given for how Shin and Sara survived the blast, and it jumps ahead an unknown amount of time as Shin, Sara, Focker and Aries are all together in front of an AIPHOS artifact, then suddenly SV-51s swoop in and grab it.. and Aries and Sara are captured because they were inside it (when a second ago they were outside it). This happens in the first MINUTE of the episode. I don't understand Japanese so I don't know whether Shin's narration is making anything clearer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

Edited by Panon

So what exactly happens in the end? Who dies? Does it lead into SDF Macross, DYRL or is it just vague? Who or what makes a surprise apppearance?

roy dies. the one in sdf/dyrl is actually a clone. roy turns out to be the first human to ever undergo the cloning process in hope to create a mass army of good pilots. nora, is obviously also killed in the shin/nora battle but takes down shin in the process. shin sacrifices himself to save mao but she also eventually dies when the sdf-1 crashes against the island. dr.hasford was also killed on the island. the amount of deaths in this macross was highly shocking and kinda random.

the song of death sung by the bird man is what actually what attracts the sdf-1 to earth. it turns out to be a call sign to the zentradies. the zentradies driving the sdf-1 hears the signal and decides to explore earth. but unknown to our ozone layer, they burn up and end up crashing.

the "surprise" ending was in the end where roy dies. he shows up with the VF-1 to fight ivanov in which to our surprise roy is defeated and killed. aries, angered by roys death, with all her research finds a way to semi control the bird man. she uses the birdman to destroy ivanov which sara is highly against and tries to stop aries. aries succeeds and the bird man tries to crash itself into ivanov where another lame battle come up where ivanov blows up the bird man but also also dies when large chunks of rock from the bird man hits him. sara has another one of panic attacks and goes crazy implying she had some link with the bird man. aries escapes on a helicopter in the end and the last scene is her looking down on the sdf-1.

hahahah... i made up this story in 5 minutes. i havent seen it yet. cant people just wait to watch it? ;)

Edited by AlphaHX

Ahhh, so many damned questions. I'll be looking to download tomorrow, or even better, Frank & Sons exclusive???

:D

These reviews don't seem so good, but I'm too far into it now. After owning all 4 DVDs so far, must... buy... one.. more!

Aries, Ivanov and Nora are dead.

Hasford, too.

Living up to the spoilerific quality of this thread...

I thought the dogfights were good. If I'm not mistaken, there's another Mig-29 at one point, and possibly another Ghost, and this time we see it in action.

Also Nora and Shin both pull Cobras at one point; they even show Shin hitting the rudder pedals to sideslip out of it. David will love it.

Probably what's going to hit people the hardest about the episode is that it certainly does appear to suffer from being accelerated to get things finished. Specifically, the cliffhanger of episode 4 is not addressed at all. I mean that literally - no explaination is given for how Shin and Sara survived the blast, and it jumps ahead an unknown amount of time as Shin, Sara, Focker and Aries are all together in front of an AIPHOS artifact, then suddenly SV-51s swoop in and grab it.. and Aries and Sara are captured because they were inside it (when a second ago they were outside it). This happens in the first MINUTE of the episode. I don't understand Japanese so I don't know whether Shin's narration is making anything clearer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

I'm not liking what I'm reading <_<

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

who knows they might make a macross zero movie like they did with macross plus and explain what happens.....on second thought if they do make a M0 movie it could be all the 5 episodes rearanged with lik 5 min new footage so mabey that wont be a great idea....

I must say that i'm quite disappointed with this episode.

Just some feelings after watching a mandarin fansub.........

What exactly is the Hory Froating Head thinking?!?!

Now the "bird-man" has become a giant Venus Fly Trap, complete with purple petals?!

If any one thinks that "magic" was too much to bear in the previous 4 episodes, this one takes the cake!

Flying subs and aircraft carriers... .even without the afos inside them? thats stretching it too much!

Not to mention that animation was picc poor for this episode.....darn.......i would venture to say that animation is waaaaay below par, more series standard rather than OVA...... i just seriously did not like the presentation of Shin hearing mao's voice.......

This episode could have really wrapped up the whole OVA series nicely... so much potential, only to be squandered by Kawamor's whims and fantasies

This episode makes macross 0 on par with Mac II.

Flying sub and aircraft carriers?!

When does this happen, is there a picture.

W....T......F.

I second that opinion. Somebody explain how this happens.

I'm guessing it's the working of the Birdhuman or Sara or Mao.

Actually it's a little from A, a little from B and a little of C.

(Yes I have watched it, no drugs or alcohol were taken)

Edited by azrael

W....T......F.

I second that opinion. Somebody explain how this happens.

I'm guessing it's the working of the Birdhuman or Sara or Mao.

Actually it's a little from A, a little from B and a little of C.

(Yes I have watched it)

Good, so I won't be thinking less of Kawamori. :blink: