New Macross DYRL fansub

Cowboy17

Lucky one.

However I mean I love direct dowload at high speed istead of slow FTP dowload or Emule. :D

Ditto, I can't stand Emule. If it makes you feel better, I had to install get right to finish this, and was stuck at 70k/s until I remembered to switch to 4 segments. There's a typo at the start of part two.

Hikaru: But with if it gets intercepted by the enemy.

Still, it's a superb release for those who don't want to bother with getting the FX disc. B))

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Hehe.. Just as long as the only exclamation used during the movie is not "UNTHINKABLE!!" I'll be happy. :p

whatched a little, 2 translation for decalcha: Horryfing and ridicolus :blink:

Sempai: commander? :blink:

Still Ensign Ichijyo... wasn't it an error?

Awesome video quality however :D

Ok I am from NLA here. First for those who still need the file...use bt...

[NLA] Macross - Do You Remember Love?

It was rip from the Japanese Region 2 DVD, the first edition (yes the LD sizes box).

There will be errors in this, feel free to let me know. But most likely we will not be doing a version 2. Since it was very hard to get a single version of this out.

Sempai: commander?  :blink:

Hikaru was talking to Roy, since Sempai doesnt have a clear english translation. We decided to change it to Commander. You'll also noticed that we didnt use the japanese honorifics in this release.

Thanks

C4431A

Edited by C4431A

[NLA] Macross - Do You Remember Love?

It was rip from the Japanese Region 2 DVD, the first edition (yes the LD sizes box).

There will be errors in this, feel free to let me know. But most likely we will not be doing a version 2. Since it was very hard to get a single version of this out.

Sempai: commander?  :blink:

Hikaru was talking to Roy, since Sempai doesnt have a clear english translation. We decided to change it to Commander. You'll also noticed that we didnt use the japanese honorifics in this release.

Thanks

C4431A

For us, we've always seen sempai as meaning "big brother" or just brother, supposively that's close to what it is, and that's how Hiraku viewed Focker in the original series.

does anyone know if the perfect edition dvd is as good as this? i would like to get a copy of a really good quality dvd of dyrl. anybody wanna help me out?

also not to get off topic here but which one is the best quality macplus dvd? i have the ultimate edition but im looking for something better.

Wow! thanx. how nice of you to come and join us here. Btw, great job with the subs. ;)

Edited by AlphaHX

Personally I never seen a translation of "Sempai" that works well as it how you say don't have a clear translation, so IMHO better leave it as it is, in the various anime I saw where it hasn't touched it work just fine, there is no need to translate everything. ("M" example: Macross 0 Italian (superb) fansubs)

My 2 cents

does anyone know if the perfect edition dvd is as good as this? i would like to get a copy of a really good quality dvd of dyrl. anybody wanna help me out?

I don't think the Japanese R2 calls it the Perfect Edition. Mine doesnt say Perfect Edtion on it.

If you like the quality, please buy the Japanese Region 2 DVD at CDJapan

For us, we've always seen sempai as meaning "big brother" or just brother, supposively that's close to what it is, and that's how Hiraku viewed Focker in the original series.

Well, it we did actually consider that. But seriously we're not gonna put "big brother" or "brother". That's just so wrong, no one talks like that.

Wow! thanx. how nice of you to come and join us here. Btw, great job with the subs. ;)

Thanks, but actually I have always come here to read. This would be one of the few times I actually post something.

Thanks

C4431A

Edited by C4431A

Well, it we did actually consider that. But seriously we're not gonna put "big brother" or "brother". That's just so wrong, no one talks like that.

In my opinion, the best handling of it is the way Animeigo did it for the SDF Macross dvds - leave it as sempai, and put an explaining note on screen during it's first usage.

"Commander" is tolerable I guess. Inaccurate, but a lot better than the awful "big brother".

well...too many companies have released DYRL? over the years that no one really knows who has the rights to release anything...at least that's what someone told me :blink:

so i assume that it's licensed but then again it isn't...mostly since we won't see it in DVD form any time soon...unless you buy the R2 version or the HK bootleg :ph34r:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

The video quality was great, some of the subtitles went by a little too fast and some of the scenes looked like they were smoothed out. The film had a little bit of dirt n scratches, Mr Kawamori should contract Lucas Arts to restore the film, sound and add extended scenes to make it be Macross: DYRL Special Edition lol

post-2-1099044109_thumb.jpg