Macrossworld messageboard RPG

hellohikaru

Pick one and comment if you want to.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one and comment if you want to.

• Yes
    • No

I know other RPG sites exist outthere(like macross generations and macross rpg community) but how bout one here ?

No active macross rpg site seem to cover timelines other than 2040 and beyond.

I would like to experience the battle of south ataria or play as UN or anti-UN forces. Perhaps pilot stuff like T-90 MBTs, Su-43 Berkuts or captain a Seawolf sub other than purely piloting VFs.

I don't think this poll even needs two options, as you could go by numbers of interest alone. I really don't think I'd be interested in one, simply because I don't care for message board RPGs, but I wouldn't neccessarily vote against one as one simply existing wouldn't bother me at all.

I prefere real time RP on MUCKs, MUDs, MUSHs, and whatnot. There's one Macross MUSH out there, but it also requires you to set up skills and stuff like that, which has made me a horrible procrastinator about actually finishing my character there.

Well there was a Space War One RPG at the Macross RPG Community but the person incharge could never get enough people who were interested in playing a pilot of a VF-1. Most of your RPers want to be Isamu's twin brother flying a YF-19 and see Macross a war story and not a character driven story. The only time the person incharge had a lot of players is when they promised a super big fight.

Message board RPGs have a great advantages over real time ones because you can tell longer stories and have things run like a soap opera. Real time is great when you want have something at pace one short mission at a time. Message Boards are known for being slow because of players posting rates. Someone who come for the fights only can hold everything up when there isn't anything to kill. When you have players that are willing to post every other day and GM that is eager to kill slow pokes thing do move at a fair speed.

The problem about having a Message Board RPG here is the unwanted traffic. On an 'entire' RPG message board you will find at least one new person that post "can I play?" or tosses themselves into the story without getting permission. Macross World gets alot of traffic. We might want to have a Squadron of 7 VF-4 pilots game going but we would be flooded by dozens extra idiots who magically are flying their YF-19 into the battle. Then the actual players would post, 'You have to await they turn to join a game.' The players would start again and another new idiot player tries to jumps in.

It's best to keep watching the established Macross RPG type boards. They do on occasion start non Macross Plus era games on a small scale. An established group like macrossrpg.com already has the infastructure to keep a game going. New starts up stand a greater chance of closing than a start up group.

Problems with having a RPG Forum here.

I would gladly be a generic stand in. :lol:

As long as when the fighting started I would die dramaticly. It's nice to go out with a bang. Just look at Kakazaki.

Put me in a brownie and watch the fireworks!!! :D

hahahahahaha! i agree but anyways i would like to play in the RPG because i never was in one before. It would be easy too sincie its on a message board :D