Help With PSX DYRL game

Father Jack

I'm really sorry to bring this up again, since I know it ha been brought up so many times before, but how do you make the boss appear in this level. I can't remember how to do it, and I have waited so long to play this game. I am using the epsxe emulator and what not. Does it only work if you play it on the console, or is is a glitch in the file itself. sorry to take up space and such, but help a brother out :(

Thanks

I'm really sorry to bring this up again, since I know it ha been brought up so many times before, but how do you make the boss appear in this level. I can't remember how to do it, and I have waited so long to play this game. I am using the epsxe emulator and what not. Does it only work if you play it on the console, or is is a glitch in the file itself. sorry to take up space and such, but help a brother out :(

Thanks

That one never worked for me in ePSXe.

I used PSXeven, where you have to drop a bomb to make the boss enter.

I hate PS1 emulation.

you should try connectix vgs. it worked fine with macross dyrl. it may not have all the d3d or opengl acceleration and you cannot use high resolutions such as 1024x768 and you dont have save states, but with older games its has good compatibility.

Blech.

Tried VGS before. Color dithering sucks.

Odd I never had any problems with the game, I use a quick swap CD exchange system instead of using a chip or connector plug on the I/O port which doesn't exist anymore unless you got a fairly old PS1.

The paralell connector existed a lot later than anyoneg ave it credit for. The early Dual Shock bundles had it, and those were pretty late in the system's life.

MOST PS1s have that port.

And it's not surprising you don't have porblems. You're using a real PS1 instead of an emulator. PS1 emulators suck pretty badly.

Edited by JB0

Wouldnt it be easier to jsut play the game on a modded Psone? or be like me and get a japanese PS2 so you can play the Macross PS2 game and then get the original DYRL for PS1 and the japanese PS2 can play it. Yay!!!!!

The Macross DYRL for PS1 is highly sought after because of the missing level from Patlabor on the Demo disc that comes with it... easier to get the Saturn version (which I have)... but yes Japanese PS2s are nice *Hugs his*

Wouldnt it be easier to jsut play the game on a modded Psone? or be like me and get a japanese PS2 so you can play the Macross PS2 game and then get the original DYRL for PS1 and the japanese PS2 can play it. Yay!!!!!

The Macross DYRL for PS1 is highly sought after because of the missing level from Patlabor on the Demo disc that comes with it... easier to get the Saturn version (which I have)... but yes Japanese PS2s are nice *Hugs his*

oh I have both of those. the Satru and PSX w/ Patlaobor disc. Why is that so sought after. it would be so easy to copy ahem back up that demo disc. haha

I've got it, and I don't even play it anymore...

I don't understand what is so hot about that Patlabor demo level... it SUCKS... I never get very far on it though.

*shrugs* The only store in town that carries import games (and hence my only option if I don't feel like buying them online...) happens to cater mostly to collectors and their prices reflect that... cause the PSX version has that missing level of Patlabor... Patlabor collectors are apparantly willing to pay something extra to get it.

Whatever the Saturn version is good enough for me.

Edited by lord_breetai

Yeah, if you play it on an emulator, that boss doesn't appear, you just fly straight on forever.

Pissed me off no end when I left Japan and took the game with me to the UK, then found out I couldn't play it.

As for the Patlabor level, I always ran out of energy, or fuel or battery life or whatever it was, never got anywhere in that.

OT -- What about Patlabor for the Gameboy, anybody played that? It's hard as nails, to use a cockney expression!!

Yeah, if you play it on an emulator, that boss doesn't appear, you just fly straight on forever.

Pissed me off no end when I left Japan and took the game with me to the UK, then found out I couldn't play it.

ONLY in ePSXe.

Sheesh, it's almost as bad as NESticle and NES games were.

ONLY in ePSXe.

Well, I dunno. I got a friend to burn a CD full of different types of PS emulators and ePSXe was the only one the game would even load properly on. The others rendered the damn thing unplayable, or had a problem with recognising my joypad.. or SOMETHING. There's always something. Now I'm in Japan again but I didn't bring the games back with me, grrr... <_<

ONLY in ePSXe.

Well, I dunno. I got a friend to burn a CD full of different types of PS emulators and ePSXe was the only one the game would even load properly on. The others rendered the damn thing unplayable, or had a problem with recognising my joypad.. or SOMETHING. There's always something. Now I'm in Japan again but I didn't bring the games back with me, grrr... <_<

What plugins were they using, and what versions?

I'm a big proponent of downloading and trying them yourself.

• 4 years later...

Yar!!! Almost five years since any post on this thing.

I'm sure we're all older and wiser....

Anyway, I FINALLY after all these years sat down to play my long-lost copy of DYRL the PS1 game (which I brought back from my latest trip to London last year), this time on the PSP.

I was quite anxious as to whether that "shy" Meltrandi boss on the Protoculture ruins level would fail to appear again, but no, he did show up! And I managed to play through the entire game (on easy, the hardest level is the first, go figure!) in a couple of sittings, and completed it on the train.

My question is now... does anyone know if the latest version of ePSXe has fixed the "shyboss" issue? I could of course, just sit down and play it, but I usually only play on trains and buses and stuff, haven't really played home videogame in ages, so it might take a while, and ample use of save states.

All in all, this is my favourite Macross game apart from Mac Ace Frontier. I'm taking a break from MAF for a while because of that darned Skull Leader/Pine Salada EX mission where Milia kills you instantly.

Here's a couple of pics:

EDIT -- Oh yeah, I forgot a couple of things. When I completed the game on Easy the other day I got an "Option Plus" feature which allows you to select and play back all the movie files. I seem to remember vaguely when I completed the game twice or three times on an actual PS console all those years ago (back in 2001 or 2002), that more and more options appear each time, and the only ones I remember is "MUTEKI" invincibility on/off, and also a Minmay doll randomly appearing and dancing throughout the end credits... Does anyone know any more?

EDIT 2 -- Yeah, the second "VF-X1" disc in the photo is actually a demo disc. I don't really remember anything about it, but I will post if and when I ever play it again. [shudder]

post-1318-1248921316_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1248921325_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1248921334_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

• 2 years later...

Is there any way to petition games for the Japanese playstation store? If a game needed to be up there, it's DYRL!

Well, Keith, it looks like you will get your wish extremely soon.

As many already know, this game will be back from tomorrow as a downloadable PSN exclusive, thanks to an included passcode with the DYRL BD Hybrid Pack.

As such, I was playing my PS1 version again this week... and guess what? I'm stuck! I had decided to start playing in NORMAL mode instead of EASY this time, and I die right before Bodolza every time now. Argh!

• 4 weeks later...