Yukikaze in America

Dobber

I heard a rumor that Bandai will release Yukikaze in the U.S. once it is completed. Does anyone know if this is true? I also heard that the last few episodes of Yukikaze will start to explain things better and will stop being so criptic! :p

Chris

Well at Otakon in the Bandai panel they did show Yukikaze as one of their upcoming titles to be released sometime in Jan of 2004. Besides Love Hina again, and Witch Hunter Robin, Yukikaze is the only other title Bandai is releasing that even peaks my interest. When they tried to show SD Gundam it got laughed at until they pulled it :). Anyway back on topic as I stated above sometime 2004.

Rob

It was announced months ago that Bandai holds the US rights, but as far as I know, no release dates have been set. But whenever they come out, I'll be first in line to buy em! Cause as much big a Yukikaze fan as I am, I can't afford the R2 DVDs :(

By the way, episode 3 should be being released in japan right about now!! I can't wait for someone to put out a digisub!

I'm fairly certain it will be digisubbed. Hell, no less than three groups have subbed and released Gundam Seed ep 45, even under threat of legal action by Bandai.

Take a look at the new bittorrent releases on anime.mircx.com (which lists liscensed titles), and compare it to the releases at animesuki.com (which doesn't), and you'll see just how much liscensed stuff is being released...

Now, I'm not saying I support the fansubbing of liscensed titles... I'm just saying it's happening. And in the case of Yukikaze, I shall set my morals aside for a bit, cause I'm dying to see the next episode :D

Fairy Air Force
bah, I like the fansub name Battle Fairy Yukikaze better. I'm glad to hear that someone is releasing this stuff a little faster than 3-5 years from airing in Japan. I finally saw that Pioneer is bringing Last Exile of here so I'm glad that they're actually trying. I think most of the fansubber are only gonna stop releasing episode when the DVDs and stuff appear over here.

SWEET!!! Yukikaze in America thanks everyone!!! i bought the first 2 Operations from Valk exchange. The Subs make NO SENSE. I fully intend to buy the official release when it happens but can anyone direct me to a GOOD sub?

Thanks

I have yet to see a bad fansub of Yukikaze. And I think I've downloaded all of them, LOL!

The DVDs at valk exchange and everywhere else are bootlegs. And from what I've heard, they all have piss-poor subs. Don't waste your money. Download the fansubs.

BTW, being the impatient Yukikaze fanboy that I am, I've resorted to trying to download a raw japanese encode of episode 3 to tide me over til the fansubs are out. People have it on WinMX, but downloading anything on winmx is an enormous pain in the ass... :(

I had eps. 1-2, but I lost them. Initially, I had the ANBU/AONE version of episode 1. While the translation and subtitles were excellent, the video quality was below VHS level, especially with a 350MB file size. I replaced it with AnimeFactory/Anime-Fansubs' version, which was 100MB smaller and had VCD quality. Despite some inaccuracies in the translation ("I'm hit! I'm hit!" instead of "Good kill! Good kill!"), AF/A-F's version was well worth the download.