More Shadow Force news

it's on their site as the SDF-4...

I didn't even recognize it as an Izumo at that angle....

They don't even have the balls to design their own ship... Unreal.

How they could possibly give that ridiculous thing an "SDF" designation I can't figure.

I hope they handle shame well.

What a piece of crap!!!!

Ya know AgentONE....you sure go out of your way to be an ass

Why the unchecked agression man?

I have always been nice to the border jumping crimson satan.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!  THAT is the SDF-4!!!!????  What a piece of crap!!!! 

HG employees should just quit showing up to work.  They are SUCH retards.

Personally I'd just be happy if they didn't make this crap: :blink:

PRO_219_2_3804.jpg

ok... was that really necessary?

vinnie

What a piece of crap!!!!

Ya know AgentONE....you sure go out of your way to be an ass

Why the unchecked agression man?

I have always been nice to the border jumping crimson satan.

You busted on his favorite mecha from Southern Cross in another thread. Next he'll challenge you to a pose down :p

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!  THAT is the SDF-4!!!!????  What a piece of crap!!!! 

HG employees should just quit showing up to work.  They are SUCH retards.

Personally I'd just be happy if they didn't make this crap: :blink:

PRO_219_2_3804.jpg

Jesus, is that fan art of did they actually do that?

Anatomically speaking her beaver is about .2cm from showing. And nice latex skin tight nurse outfit... :rolleyes:

SDF-4? They can't even agree what the SDF-3 looked like and they're designing an SDF-4?

LOL! :lol:

Actually they didn't even design this SDF-4 :p

It's a cool-looking ship anyway: I really like it since the very first time I saw back into the old days... :)

Calvin_Pissing_on_Macross.jpg

And you're on MacrossWorld, why?

Yeah, some people get out of hand and are harsh on ROBOTECH. This is MacrossWorld. I like ROBOTECH too, but I expect it to get bashed here or for members to have a lower opinion of it than Macross. Again, sometimes it gets a little too nuts.. but that comes with the territory. One of the major reasons I come to this board instead of ROBOTECH.com is because it's not policed by any corporate entity. We don't have to worry about getting slapped down for saying that we don't like Yamato's Valks or Big West sucks the big one, or any other company for that matter. If I saw negative opinions toward Macross on ROBOTECH.com, they'd bother me, but I wouldn't be playing my little Macross trumpet over there, y'know?

And is that nurse pic an offical RT production? Ugh is that horrible.

I'm leaning towards "yes." To me, the style just reeks of Tommy Yune.

Not that Tommy Yune reeks or anything. I've never met him, but I'm sure he bathes at fairly regular intervals.

Yeah, some people get out of hand and are harsh on ROBOTECH.

Actually...it wasnt AgentONE being harsh on Robotech that set me off. I have taken so much $hit as a Southern Cross fan lately that.....well....it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

And is that nurse pic an offical RT production? Ugh is that horrible.

It could be thought of as an offering of appeasement to the rather vocal and expanding Southern Cross fanbase. While I would have preferred a wallscroll of the Ajax or Spartas...I don't necessarily mind this scroll.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

I'm sorry but no, his artwork as always looks far too manly to be even remotely considered female. That version of Jeanne looks like a scary tranvestite prostitute with a needle.

We know what's in that needle then. :lol:

Actually...it wasnt AgentONE being harsh on Robotech that set me off. I have taken so much $hit as a Southern Cross fan lately that.....well....it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

LOL, he made fun of your favorite mecha...hmm, would it happen to be that stupid tank with the exposed cockpit or those horribly weak Logans? :p:rolleyes:

If I saw negative opinions toward Macross on ROBOTECH.com, they'd bother me, but I wouldn't be playing my little Macross trumpet over there, y'know?

And why not? It's fun. It's what got me banned, but hey, bashing ignorant Robojunkies is a dirty job. :lol:

Now, to all Robojunkies(even if you're a Macross fan still clinging to the dead Robojunk), I piss on your Robotech. :lol::pB))

I'm sorry but no, his artwork as always looks far too manly to be even remotely considered female. That version of Jeanne looks like a scary tranvestite prostitute with a needle.

Odd. I think that about almost all of Mikamoto's designs for SDF: Macross. Minus the needle, naturally.

ummmm holmes

you do realise that macross, southern cross, and mospeda were mostly designed and animated by the same people dont you. man robotrekkies dont learn well . you get flamed on one thread in here and open yourself to it in this thread

got around to seeing that SDF-4 pic...

and for the record, I don't think Agent One was being harsh at all.. that this is a fugly POS... and what color is that? goose crap brown with a little duck puke green for variety?

LMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol:

ummmm holmes

you do realise that macross, southern cross, and mospeda were mostly designed and animated by the same people dont you. man robotrekkies dont learn well . you get flamed on one thread in here and open yourself to it in this thread

Didn't know he did the character designs for Mospeada and Southern Cross, and even if he did, so what? All the official artwork and character designs I've seen for SDF: Macross have all the characters, especially the women, as androgenous blobs only given gender by their Voice Actors.

EDIT:

And yes, the "SDF-4" is an ugly, ugly thing that shouldn't even be seen on celluloid.

Edited by CoryHolmes

ummmm holmes

Didn't know he did the character designs for Mospeada and Southern Cross, and even if he did, so what? All the official artwork and character designs I've seen for SDF: Macross have all the characters, especially the women, as androgenous blobs only given gender by their Voice Actors.

EDIT:

And yes, the "SDF-4" is an ugly, ugly thing that shouldn't even be seen on celluloid.

Mikimoto did not do the designs for Mospeada or Southern Cross.

As for the "blobs"... Er, yeah. :huh:

You do realise that macross, southern cross, and mospeda were mostly designed and animated by the same people dont you.

Sorry HWR....but you need your eyes checked if you think that Tomonori and Amano characters look the same as Mikimoto's. Sure, AnimeFriend worked on all 3 series and Tatsunoko basically paid the bill for all 3 as well.

LOL, he made fun of your favorite mecha...hmm, would it happen to be that stupid tank with the exposed cockpit or those horribly weak Logans?

You know...Im pretty certain that the only sources that state the Logan is weak come from either the novelizations of Robotech or the RPG. Both sources are incredibly flawed. As for the Spartas....well....Im gonna repost thoughts HoverTanker (a RL Army Tanker) had on this subject

Personally, having the cover (I refuse to call it a canopy, as canopies are for aircraft, and this is armor) on the VHT would be more of a liability in MOUT (military operations in urban terrain). In MOUT, you need full vision. Armored units in urban enviroments must go hatches open for better vision. With the body armor used my the ASC, they would not need to worry about small arms fire and artillery fragments (the main cause of casualities in combat). And with the improved vision, the VHT will be operated more effectivly. And since the main force to occupy and defend urban centers is infantry, you will need that improved vision. Not only will the VHT be more effective, but the ability of the VHT to support the infantry advance will be greatly improved.

I believe that in space, you would need the additional armor of the cover. With the amount of debris that is leathal in space, the operators (not pilots) would need the additional armor.

The armored cover would also be used for large scale armored manuvers. When the terrain is open, and the field of battle is armor and manuver favorable, the armored cover would be used for additional armor.

But for the most part, armor runs unbuttoned (hatches open). It is not because of bad air circulation (in fact, the M-1A1 Abrams and M-2 Bradley have great NBC circulation systems, and cooling devices for the electronics). The reason is two fold mainly. One, the ability of the crew to see and react to the enviroment better. And two, because of crew moral. People need to breath, move around, and just emerge from the armored womb that has been sustaining you in combat.

Rain and snow have never bothered ground forces. It is something you expect in combat. Not everyone flys to battle, then goes home at night to hot chow, warm showers, and a clean bed. The people who wage warfare know that the "mule" issued by the government is now their home as well.

If you have even been inside an armored vehicle, you would know that the electronic systems are "protected" against water. I say "protected" becuase we all know that eventually water will work its way in no matter what. And the seals an armored vehicles are notorious for leakage. Even brand new seals seemed to leak almost immediately.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Well, nearly all 80s anime character designs were similar, take a look at Orgus or Megazone 23. I can't tell them apart.

Well, concerning these shows it makes sense that characters look alike: their designer was Mikimoto for both of them :)

Odd.  I think that about almost all of Mikamoto's designs for SDF: Macross.  Minus the needle, naturally.

Dude, come on. You're better than that. =D

Oh and Mikomoto only designed Eve for all three Megazones =p. The first main designer was Toshihiro Hirano, the second was Yasuomi Umetstu, and the third was Hroyuki Kirazume.

Edited by VF5SS

<_< HEy corey I know you defend a lot of robotech but man I have to agree with the others, tommy yune is not that great IMHO. BEing an illustration major here@VCU I am exposed to a lot more art than many care to think and yune, or imijai narigai or whatever the hell that fake ass neo sound like japanese pseudo name of his was, he ain't that great. I mean his drawings just lack the charisma mikimoto has. MIkimoto has a far better grasp of the human anatomy than yune does and with yune as if he is trying to draw them like mikimoto but adding his own flair to it....gone wrong. HIs art just isn't appealing and if you take away the colors from his line art, it looks weaker not strong. THat is NOT a good design element, ideally if an illustration is good it should look well as a negative but it does not. HE lacks depth as well and his drawings seem rather bland, rather than hard hitting in your face impact. PLus this photoshop colorist he uses is a bit overdone the colors really saturate the line work and its rather pointless coloring in the way they have chosen. Mikimoto on the other hand is much better and his works are truly closer to pieces of art than yune's ever will. NOw I am not flaming yune but I truly think mikimoto is far superior in every which way and his flaws are nowhere near as apparent as yune's. Yunes just doesnt work honestly...can you see those designs being animated? I sure can't because they lack consistency. I can also say the same for every robotech comic out there now aside from teh old AP ones. Seriously if somone gets a license for robotech for god's sake STUDY the damn designs and draw it right!! Ugh had enough looking at transgender robotech rip odff designs and misproportionately drawn veritechs!

I saw one episode of Megas XLR. It was okay, especially if you're desperate for something like The Tick, but it lacked inspiration and felt very write-by-numbers.

It will certainly be interesting to see how they go about including characters from The Macross Saga. Will Breetai be Sentinels-ized?

Lord_Breetai does not wear a bucket!

LOL, he made fun of your favorite mecha...hmm, would it happen to be that stupid tank with the exposed cockpit or those horribly weak Logans?

You know...Im pretty certain that the only sources that state the Logan is weak come from either the novelizations of Robotech or the RPG. Both sources are incredibly flawed. As for the Spartas....well....Im gonna repost thoughts HoverTanker (a RL Army Tanker) had on this subject

Personally, having the cover (I refuse to call it a canopy, as canopies are for aircraft, and this is armor) on the VHT would be more of a liability in MOUT (military operations in urban terrain). In MOUT, you need full vision. Armored units in urban enviroments must go hatches open for better vision. With the body armor used my the ASC, they would not need to worry about small arms fire and artillery fragments (the main cause of casualities in combat). And with the improved vision, the VHT will be operated more effectivly. And since the main force to occupy and defend urban centers is infantry, you will need that improved vision. Not only will the VHT be more effective, but the ability of the VHT to support the infantry advance will be greatly improved.

I believe that in space, you would need the additional armor of the cover. With the amount of debris that is leathal in space, the operators (not pilots) would need the additional armor.

The armored cover would also be used for large scale armored manuvers. When the terrain is open, and the field of battle is armor and manuver favorable, the armored cover would be used for additional armor.

But for the most part, armor runs unbuttoned (hatches open). It is not because of bad air circulation (in fact, the M-1A1 Abrams and M-2 Bradley have great NBC circulation systems, and cooling devices for the electronics). The reason is two fold mainly. One, the ability of the crew to see and react to the enviroment better. And two, because of crew moral. People need to breath, move around, and just emerge from the armored womb that has been sustaining you in combat.

Rain and snow have never bothered ground forces. It is something you expect in combat. Not everyone flys to battle, then goes home at night to hot chow, warm showers, and a clean bed. The people who wage warfare know that the "mule" issued by the government is now their home as well.

If you have even been inside an armored vehicle, you would know that the electronic systems are "protected" against water. I say "protected" becuase we all know that eventually water will work its way in no matter what. And the seals an armored vehicles are notorious for leakage. Even brand new seals seemed to leak almost immediately.

Open cockpit is STILL stupid, kinda eliminates the purpose of calling it a tank. And the Logans are horribly weak and are just plain FUGLY. Southern Cross mecha suck, the Masters Saga SUCKS that's why there is no game or almost no merchandise except for a few mugs and other crap.