More Shadow Force news

Well...they announced who the writer of the Robotech: Shadow Force is - Ford Riley! (who?)

Here's his list of credits from IMDB

"Megas XLR" (2004)

"ChalkZone" (2002)

"¡Mucha Lucha!" (2002)

"Teamo Supremo" (2002) (and story editor)

"What's with Andy?" (2001)

"Teacher's Pet" (2000) (and story editor)

"Angela Anaconda" (1999)

"Recess" (1997)

"Timon and Pumbaa" (1995)

It will be a 90 Minute Feature on DVD and VHS coming on out in 2005.

It will have characters from all three chapters of Robotech. “With Bernard and a new cadre of characters that will battle a new menace.” (hopefully not phantom)

The article states that it’s 40% CG and 60% 2d. The 3d software used has been Alias’ Maya, Discreet’s 3ds max, Shake and Combustion. Tatsunoko is noted as playing a strong role too.

Ford Riley wrote the Script and Kenji Terada was consulted to help out too.

There is also mention of Shadow Chronicles...which would appear to be the story arc that Shadow Force is kicking off.

I thought this was supposed to be a "Major TV Series"....?  :huh:

IIRC there was to be a movie first follwed up by a TV series. But who knows.... :blink:

Lets hope the RT fans hold their breath.

i not to happy with what i am seeing most of these shows seem overly kiddish and comical, even the few with action Megas XLR, i do not think this series is going to shape up well,

Lets hope the RT fans hold their breath.

wow you are really looking forward to seeing Robotech fans sufficate arent you :lol::lol::lol: i am still not to sure about this series

EDIT: OH COOL, MY 1000 POST I now get to hold Globals Pipe...SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by zeo-mare

Only 90 minutes? And you know most of that time will be spent explaining the history and re-introducing old characters. Not much time left for plot, character development, introspection, and all the other ingrediants that made Macross/Robotech great. Can we say weak?

I wonder what Harmony Gold's going to do when their current flagship title goes down in flames.

90 min... lol

It will probably be 60 min of new stuff with 30 min of old Macross scenes that will be re-re-re-dubbed just like the Sentenels.

I don't know if you guys remember that scene in the Sentinels, where Lisa and Ricky are having a flashback discussion while being heald by the Zentradi... The conversation wasn't the same one as was aired in the RT tv show... In fact it was totally out of context and out of timeline.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! What a Piece of sh!t.

i am waiting for it to have the comedy like the Megas XLR and new TMNT series. most of the enemy Aliens will probly be made comical like the Megas series, i am hoping the animation turns out ok at least, once again i see Megas style artwork or some weird low budget American Anime style artwork (totally spies tries to look like anime but definetly aint). does anyone have any idea of what the new vehicles look like???

This is starting to look like its going to be aimed at kids. Shadow Force to the rescue!

Maybe they'll have crossovers with the new transformers shows...

Crossovers? No way, they'll steal the animation re-dub it, and call it Robotech Shadow Armada. Engage shadow drive!

Edited by valk1j

well,

they won't be new vehicles if you think about it...? if the chronology is correct than the new series will leave off with Scott seraching for the missing Fleet/Flagship?(SDF3)? :blink:

anyway, the mecha will be the same Alphas i guess, just the stealth versions.

and i do really hope they don't gear this series towards kids, i remember when the a-holes ( in the marketing department at matchbox)!!!! :angry: tried to parle the success of the series to what amounted to toys that only a retarted child could enjoy!!!! :angry:

i still remmeber that horrible theme music jingle as vivid as when i first heard it!!!

" Robotech to the rescue...Robotech to the rescue...Robotech to the rescue... :huh:

sing that out loud three times and you will wanna rip out your freakin ears!!!! :angry:

even though it is chronology correct, something tells me Harmony Gold will at least add something new vehicle wise, it would be kinda funny for them to use just rehash stuff from the other series, this is HG by the way they are problly going to release a few things of merchandise for it so, i am expecting something we have not seen, also being a new cartoon for the usa i really do not think that they are going to care to much about

chronology or historyof the series, so i am expecting a few new toys for it, maybe the main character will get some sort of special prototype one of a kind vehicle (like in the Gundam series)

even though it is chronology correct, something tells me Harmony Gold will at least add something new vehicle wise, it would be kinda funny for them to use just rehash stuff from the other series, this is HG by the way they are problly going to release a few things of merchandise for it so, i am expecting something we have not seen, also being a new cartoon for the usa i really do not think that they are going to care to much about

chronology or historyof the series, so i am expecting a few new toys for it, maybe the main character will get some sort of special prototype one of a kind vehicle (like in the Gundam series)

I agree. They'll probably have something along the lines of that gamma fighter they showed a long time ago. New cyclones are pretty easy as well.

Maybe they'll just dub Love, Live, Alive and call it Shadow Force. Just joking, hopefully they can find most of the old voice actors. I know they were all around up until 1995 at Robocon 10. Maybe they can get Reba to sing a few more songs :)

I am going to reserve my judgement until I see some screencaptures or production art. I have very little faith in strong storytelling coming out of this, but if they hook up the earth defense forces with Hunter's lost SDF-3 then there are all kinds of possibilities for new mecha which have been evolved off the VF-1, remember that in the Robotech universe seemingly all mechanical advances occur on or around the space fortress because the rest of the universe is inept and magical robotechnology invades the residents of the space fortress and spurs them to create new implements of destruction :p

Anywho, they could start it out with some Alpha re-hashing and then have Hunter de-fold in earth space with somme whoop ass VF-9999R Death-bot, who knows :)

Get this - At this year's MW Con, Tom Bateman claimed that Shadow Force's 3D animation will be similar to what you see in Yukikaze.

Thats cause Studio Madhouse is providing the CGI component of Shadow Force and presumably Shadow Chronicles.....assuming that Shadow Force does well enough to warrant a series.

As for new mecha....Ive heard rumours that a new warship design may be in the series as well as the Devastator and Shadow Dancer Cyclone. We've heard conflicting rumours about the Synchro-Cannon armed Beta. Ive also heard that characters from all 3 series will be making an appearance in some form or other...no word yet on what characters (I'm really only interested in the Southern Cross characters).

Its also been talked about in the past that the SDF-3 that was seen in The Sentinels was truly just the exoskeleton of a Zentraedi warship and that the actual design may come out looking (hopefully) more like a Tokugawa-class Super Carrier or Tristar-class Cruiser Leader. I for one hope this is true.

I can't wait for this thing to come out.... I want something other than M7 to piss on.

Didn't you know, HG is using M7, Love, Live, Alive, SDF:Macross, Mospeada, Southern Cross, and DYRL. They put them all together, re-dub, new Reba West songs, and there you have it: Shadow Force. ;)

I hope your drinking a lot of water...