Newbie ANSWERS thread!

canned air or a leaf blower will also dust toys well. Granted the destruction caused by several cats fleeing from a gas powered leafblower in your living room negates some of the benifits :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question that's probably been asked often: is it true that a later release of the Yamato YF-19 (not the VF-19A) corrected some of the problems of the first release? If so, how can one tell them apart just by looking at them sealed in ther boxes?

I've got a question that's probably been asked often: is it true that a later release of theĀ  Yamato YF-19 (not the VF-19A) corrected some of the problems of the first release? If so, how can one tell them apart just by looking at them sealed in ther boxes?

382978[/snapback]

Its true. The box has a "version 2" sticker on it. The "tab b" part(the part aft of the canopy that folds in transformation) was strengthened with a harder, more durable plastic since tab b on the first release was prone to snapping.

Also the vertical stabilizers were corrected and could be folded(inward) like in the anime rather than outwards like on the first release.

So how exactly does the leg transformation work on the 1/48 scale Yamato Valkyries? I keep hearing how it is a perfect transformation that does not use a swing bar mechanism, but nothing more specific that that.

I'll find out myself when I pick one up in a few months time (I know they're only getting more expensive the longer I wait), but I want to know now!

It does use a swingbar (or rod) in this case, but by opening the area between the

nosecone and the landinggear they can keep it out of sight

check out This link

to see our own Graham wreck transform a 1/48

MacrossWorld's Main Page holds more than just the forums you know

304218[/snapback]

I have to say, after watching the video "Fighter to Battroid" I want a Yamato 1/48 all the more...the transformation is a LOT more complicated than I thought it'd be...and you've gotta love the background music :p *sings "ma-ku-ross...ma-ku-ross"*

I have two questions:

I need to find a place to buy one! HLJ.com seems to be sold out of the one I want, any other possible vendors? I want a GBP also. :ph34r:

Do I need to worry about these things breaking? I don't want my friends visiting my place and when my back is turned they go "ooooh Jetfire!" and proceed to wreck my prized Valk. :angry:

It's not that delicate. Just worry about the backpack hinge when trying to transform while fast packs are on. (I always take the fast packs off when tranforming because they are heavy) If this breaks you can get a recast.

The gunpod strap kinda breaks too if you are not careful.

But it is the ultimate PT valk toy to own. Once you get one, you will want more. I'd buy the upcoming stealth valk if I hadn't already committed to a VF0 and Garland.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I have to say, after watching the video "Fighter to Battroid" I want a Yamato 1/48 all the more...the transformation is a LOT more complicated than I thought it'd be...and you've gotta love the background music :pĀ  *sings "ma-ku-ross...ma-ku-ross"*

I have two questions:

I need to find a place to buy one!Ā  HLJ.com seems to be sold out of the one I want, any other possible vendors?Ā  I want a GBP also. :ph34r:

Do I need to worry about these things breaking?Ā  I don't want my friends visiting my place and when my back is turned they go "ooooh Jetfire!" and proceed to wreck my prized Valk. :angry:

386146[/snapback]

Here are some links to online stores

Neova

Toy Wave

Twin Moons

Big Bad Toy Store

I have one word of advice.

DON'T DO IT!! JUST WALK AWAY!

They'll suck you in and you'll never be able to stop collecting these things.

I got my first one in november of last year and I've got a GBP on the way and my fourth Valk on preorder. These things are driving me crazy!

;)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just got my first 1/48 valkyrie and I love it! I finally managed to get a VF-1S Hikaru DYRL model.

Newbie question:

Do you know if they will reissue the 1/48 DYRL VF-1A Maximilian Jenius?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Just got my first 1/48 valkyrie and I love it!Ā  I finally managed to get a VF-1S Hikaru DYRL model.

Newbie question:

Do you know if they will reissue the 1/48 DYRL VF-1A Maximilian Jenius?

Thanks in advance

398235[/snapback]

They reissued it once already, and so far no official word if they will reissue it a 3rd time.

Never say never though, it could happen.

I have a newbie question regarding the price point for a used 1/48 CF Valkyrie. I saw some on e-bay being sold without boxes but in excellent condition. New CFs seem to be running about $130 and these are starting out at $90 or so. Is it worth spending a potential extra $30 or $40 on the box for collectors purposes? Are they priced about right? I really don't care personally if I can save an extra few $$. It would go onto a stand on my desk anyway!

Edited by UN Army

Are you sure about that, fansubs? I don't think the Max 1A was ever reissued. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

400315[/snapback]

Well I'm pretty sure.

I bought the Max 1A when it first came out, and that one DOES HAVE the nose cone problem like all the other early 1st issues (Hikaru, Roy).

Then back in January 2005, Neova had the 2nd issues for sale here at $90 a pop!

I bought the 2nd issue from him and when I recieved it, it did not have the nose cone problem. The grooves were there to hold the nose cone in place just like the other 2nd reissues (Hikaru & Roy).

He lists the VF-1A Max as a reissue at his store here (although it is stated as "sold out)

http://www.geocities.com/valken_exs/toys_yamato.htm

The link where Neova was selling those Max 1A's for $90 is here...........

"Yamato 1/48 Max VF-1A Valkyries, 2nd Issue Blow out!"

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=12884&hl=vf-1a

Edited by fansubs2000

Huh, that's weird. Graham's review in the Yamato Toys section from the main page says that they fixed that nose cone problem when they released the Max 1A. I was under the impression that there's only been one release, which is why Max usually sells for a bit more than the others in the DYRL line. But then I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, so I could be way off.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Huh, that's weird. Graham's review in the Yamato Toys section from the main page says that they fixed that nose cone problem when they released the Max 1A. I was under the impression that there's only been one release, which is why Max usually sells for a bit more than the others in the DYRL line. But then I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, so I could be way off.

400426[/snapback]

Yeah I agree that is weird.

My nose cone does fall off though :(

I can take a pic later if you guys want to check it out.

The only evidence I can provide is really Neova's comments in the links I provided above.

I figure he knows more then I cause he sells the stuff.

On his "for Sale" post it says,

"These are the last issues (2nd series), not a new 3rd issue and MIB from Yamato."

Plus his web site and the title of the selling thread here at MW states 2nd issue.

I just assume he would know as he orders & sells the stuff.

Does anyone know for sure? Anyone else with some input? :huh:

• 2 months later...

400426[/snapback]

There was never a rerelease of the VF-1A Max. I have 13 of the first editions, and I know that seven of them have the nose cone fix. It was the first valk to incorporate all the improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i am new here so bear with me...

I just bought my first "Yammie" a 1/60 hikaru on ebay I was wondering if I can use the gbp-1s armor on my valk or not?

thanks for any help

Fuzzy

Ok i am new here so bear with me...

I just bought my first "Yammie" a 1/60 hikaru on ebay I was wondering if I can use the gbp-1s armor on my valk or not?

thanks for any help

Fuzzy

422978[/snapback]

yeah, you can use it ony any valk, except the 2 seaters... I don't know about those... never tried it.

Ok i have another question now lol

Would it be possible to take the vf-1a head off my hikaru 1a and modify it with a vf-1s head or am i stuck with the hikaru head?

Thank you very much for the help on the first question i had

Fuzzy

Ok i have another question now lol

Would it be possible to take the vf-1a head off my hikaru 1a and modify it with a vf-1s head or am i stuck with the hikaru head?

Thank you very much for the help on the first question i had

Fuzzy

423473[/snapback]

I assume you're still talking about Yamato 1/60s, right?

Yes, a head swap is really easy. The heads are held in place with only one small screw. But the 1S head is a different color than the Hikaru 1A. The valk itself is very white, while the head is more of a light grey color, so it will look a little off. I did this years ago, but thought it looked too weird. I ended up repainting a Roy just to keep everything looking right.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

• 1 month later...

I think tou will have to figure out what's best for you, as we never see Max with his FAST Packs on his VF-1S, and also the fact that Hikaru's VF-1S Heatshield and FAST Pack was red as well remains debatable.

Edited by kensei

• 2 weeks later...

someone is offering to sell me these "macross super posables" figure that was said to be the "macross version" of toynami's robotech super posables.

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=86

i've been searching out links via google and this forum for pics and reviews of it, but no such luck.

so, anyone have these action figures? are they that posable and durable? the seller mentioned that the "macross version" is a lot more detailed compared to the "robotech version".

thanks.

someone is offering to sell me these "macross super posables" figure that was said to be the "macross version" of toynami's robotech super posables.

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=86

i've been searching out links via google and this forum for pics and reviews of it, but no such luck.

so, anyone have these action figures? are they that posable and durable? the seller mentioned that the "macross version" is a lot more detailed compared to the "robotech version".

thanks.

They are not more detailed. They are the same toy only with different packaging. The only difference might be the paint schemes, which are DYRL style as opposed to TV style

• 4 weeks later...

Well this is my first post here :D Iv got a newbie question. I have virtually no collection and am looking to start one, I have a few toynami super posables and 1 toynami 1/100. I am considering the yamato toys but not sure which scale to get. I know the yamato 1/48 are larger more detailed, and overall better then the 1/100. What I really want to know is how the 1/48 and the 1/60 compare to the toynami 1/100 so I can get a better idea of what to get. I also know the VF-0 is 1/60 but about the same size as the 1/48 and am considering getting it.

Well this is my first post here :D Iv got a newbie question. I have virtually no collection and am looking to start one, I have a few toynami super posables and 1 toynami 1/100. I am considering the yamato toys but not sure which scale to get. I know the yamato 1/48 are larger more detailed, and overall better then the 1/100. What I really want to know is how the 1/48 and the 1/60 compare to the toynami 1/100 so I can get a better idea of what to get. I also know the VF-0 is 1/60 but about the same size as the 1/48 and am considering getting it.

check these out...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20520

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20396