Newbie ANSWERS thread!

In short: Unknown if Yamato can make the VF-17 Nightmare. While that design originated in Macross 7, which Bandai is still sitting on the license of (like Frontier), it also appears in the game Macross VFX2.

The murky part of this is that Yamato has some type of license for Macross VFX2 as they have in the past released the VF-19A Excaliber (1/72 scale way back in the beginning), the 1/100 scale VB-6 Koenig Monster, and they are going to release the VF-19A Excalibur as a GN-U figure as well as the VFX Ravens schemed VF-11B.

The thing is that Yamato has not released the VF-19A Excalibur in 1/60 scale (simple repaint of the YF-19). So we wonder if they have the license to make VFX2 stuff in 1/60 scale. There was a rumor floating around that Bandai somehow prevented Yamato from re-releasing the 1/100 scale Koenig Monster. There was also some kind of license issue going on which Graham couldn't tell us about, which doesn't matter as Yamato hasn't been talking to poor Graham lately anyway. :(

In short: Unknown if Yamato can make the VF-17 Nightmare. While that design originated in Macross 7, which Bandai is still sitting on the license of (like Frontier), it also appears in the game Macross VFX2.

The murky part of this is that Yamato has some type of license for Macross VFX2 as they have in the past released the VF-19A Excaliber (1/72 scale way back in the beginning), the 1/100 scale VB-6 Koenig Monster, and they are going to release the VF-19A Excalibur as a GN-U figure as well as the VFX Ravens schemed VF-11B.

The thing is that Yamato has not released the VF-19A Excalibur in 1/60 scale (simple repaint of the YF-19). So we wonder if they have the license to make VFX2 stuff in 1/60 scale. There was a rumor floating around that Bandai somehow prevented Yamato from re-releasing the 1/100 scale Koenig Monster. There was also some kind of license issue going on which Graham couldn't tell us about, which doesn't matter as Yamato hasn't been talking to poor Graham lately anyway. :(

Thanks Sumdumgai B)) ... I wish Yamato would make it. Its my favorite valk design. My Top3 valk designs are:

1) VF-17

2) YF-19

3) SV-51

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is my first post. I need to put together a Christmas list and would like some Makurossssss Valks to add to my collection.

So two questions: What do you think of the Toytech line, because I have a deal here which puts Hikaru and Max's VF-1As and Roy's VF-1S, 1/100th scales that are fully transformable at 85$.

I'm also curious of the new Bandai DX model of Alto's (the VF-25) and can't really get an exact date of release from anywhere. I can preorder it here for 130$ with no shipping charges.

I guess the questions I'm asking are, would you prefer the 3-pack 5inch models by Toytech (whose quality I'm not sure of), or the DX 1-pack (however long it is) which is supposed to be practically bulletproof, albeit a little more expensive?

A fast answer would be cool, Christmas is coming down to the wire and I'm being threatened with no gifts, lol. Thanks!

EDIT: I'd also like to say this place looks cool but I kinda dislike the fact that I get killed in every episode -_-

Double EDIT: After sifting through more threads, I noticed the super sale thread and the Banpresto VF-1s that unfortunately we're lost to ebay. Seeing they're 1/55th scale, would they be worth 70$ NIB if I bought one for show/play?

Edited by NapalmRiot

Ok, this is my first post. I need to put together a Christmas list and would like some Makurossssss Valks to add to my collection.

So two questions: What do you think of the Toytech line, because I have a deal here which puts Hikaru and Max's VF-1As and Roy's VF-1S, 1/100th scales that are fully transformable at 85$.

I'm also curious of the new Bandai DX model of Alto's (the VF-25) and can't really get an exact date of release from anywhere. I can preorder it here for 130$ with no shipping charges.

I guess the questions I'm asking are, would you prefer the 3-pack 5inch models by Toytech (whose quality I'm not sure of), or the DX 1-pack (however long it is) which is supposed to be practically bulletproof, albeit a little more expensive?

A fast answer would be cool, Christmas is coming down to the wire and I'm being threatened with no gifts, lol. Thanks!

EDIT: I'd also like to say this place looks cool but I kinda dislike the fact that I get killed in every episode -_-

Double EDIT: After sifting through more threads, I noticed the super sale thread and the Banpresto VF-1s that unfortunately we're lost to ebay. Seeing they're 1/55th scale, would they be worth 70$ NIB if I bought one for show/play?

Get a Yamato. ^_^ ... The VF-1's on the 1/60 scale are a good choice so I heard(except for the VF-1S with the reported exploding shoulders)

A detailed response:

Q: So two questions: What do you think of the Toytech line, because I have a deal here which puts Hikaru and Max's VF-1As and Roy's VF-1S, 1/100th scales that are fully transformable at 85$.

A: Stay away. Stay as far away from those as you can. They are not worth it. The stands are flimsy, the cups that hold the fighter are made of cracking rubber (yes it is possible) and the fighter topples under its' own weight. The fighter is also unbelievably horribly ugly and misproportioned. A waste of money.

Q: I'm also curious of the new Bandai DX model of Alto's (the VF-25) and can't really get an exact date of release from anywhere. I can preorder it here for 130$ with no shipping charges.

A: These will be great; although some people have reservations about detailing and we really have yet to see any class A final pictures of the product. I personally do not believe it will be possible to get these for Christmas. So take them off your list for that reason.

Q: I'm also curious of the new Bandai DX model of Alto's (the VF-25) and can't really get an exact date of release from anywhere. I can preorder it here for 130$ with no shipping charges.

A: That's like asking if a rotten apple with worms crawling inside it that is in bargain bin at the local deli is preferable to fresh apples bought at an orchard in New Hampshire (or something like that). The DX is definitely preferable. But again - I doubt it'll be out in time for Christmas.

Q: After sifting through more threads, I noticed the super sale thread and the Banpresto VF-1s that unfortunately we're lost to ebay. Seeing they're 1/55th scale, would they be worth 70$ NIB if I bought one for show/play?

A: Unless you have a nostalgia vibe or just love chunky monkys; avoid the old Banprestos and the likes and go for the version 2.0 1/60 VF-1s by Yamato. All of them are out now and ready to ship. They all come with super and strike parts and have tampoo printing. However, be forewarned - if you have never handled a Yamato before, you will have to be extra careful and read the instructions carefully, otherwise you WILL BREAK IT. So be prepared to be delicate and learn how to handle these.

Merry Xmas

Pete

A detailed response:

Q: So two questions: What do you think of the Toytech line, because I have a deal here which puts Hikaru and Max's VF-1As and Roy's VF-1S, 1/100th scales that are fully transformable at 85$.

A: Stay away. Stay as far away from those as you can. They are not worth it. The stands are flimsy, the cups that hold the fighter are made of cracking rubber (yes it is possible) and the fighter topples under its' own weight. The fighter is also unbelievably horribly ugly and misproportioned. A waste of money.

A: These will be great; although some people have reservations about detailing and we really have yet to see any class A final pictures of the product. I personally do not believe it will be possible to get these for Christmas. So take them off your list for that reason.

A: That's like asking if a rotten apple with worms crawling inside it that is in bargain bin at the local deli is preferable to fresh apples bought at an orchard in New Hampshire (or something like that). The DX is definitely preferable. But again - I doubt it'll be out in time for Christmas.

Q: After sifting through more threads, I noticed the super sale thread and the Banpresto VF-1s that unfortunately we're lost to ebay. Seeing they're 1/55th scale, would they be worth 70$ NIB if I bought one for show/play?

A: Unless you have a nostalgia vibe or just love chunky monkys; avoid the old Banprestos and the likes and go for the version 2.0 1/60 VF-1s by Yamato. All of them are out now and ready to ship. They all come with super and strike parts and have tampoo printing. However, be forewarned - if you have never handled a Yamato before, you will have to be extra careful and read the instructions carefully, otherwise you WILL BREAK IT. So be prepared to be delicate and learn how to handle these.

Merry Xmas

Pete

Many thanks mate, I was looking at the Banprestos just because I heard that they were pretty withstanding to a bit of torture, and they're pretty nice looking in their boxes and whatnot. The fact that I was staying away from Yamatos is just because of what I've heard about them being delicate. Granted, this may sound a little childish seeing as I'm 16, but I kinda envision a VF-1 in the home space to be able to both sit and look pretty on top of my coffee table/shelves and at the same time be able to pick it up and ... play... with it.

What would you think, then?

Granted, this may sound a little childish seeing as I'm 16, but I kinda envision a VF-1 in the home space to be able to both sit and look pretty on top of my coffee table/shelves and at the same time be able to pick it up and ... play... with it.

What would you think, then?

It all depends on what you mean by "play with it."

Here's the scoop: I play with ALL of my Yamato valkyrie and I do so very frequently. However, my form of play is taking pictures for a running photo-comic of my own creation. On certain occasions, these pictures are taken outside, in the wild, although I've scaled back on that method and switched to using photoshop more and more.

This type of "play" is overall not very taxing on the yamatos - or any of the other participating figures - because all it calls for is that I pose the figure and take a picture at any desired angle.

Now - if by "play" you mean that you will take your yamato on an adventure that will entail him standing on the end of a couch about two feet off the ground, or being tossed in the back seat of a car, or that you will toss your Yamato figure into your back pack along with your school books and take him to show off...then NO.

So it all depends on how you play with him.

Another consideration:

On seibertron.com, a long time ago, when Masterpiece Starscream came out, people were writing things like "boy is he delicate!" and "boy those thin wings are delicate" and I was scratching my head thinking "these guys must be kidding! MP Starscream is built like a rock compared to a Yamato figure."

And that basically sums up the extent of what "delicate" means - you will have to relearn how to handle a plastic figure. Until you learn how to move it, where to pivot, what goes where, where there are pressure points etc - then it will be like a bit of a heart attack experience.

But - I write all of this because it is a fact - but it does not mean that you should not go for it.

As Roy Fokker would likely say: It is the same with women. If you do not know how to handle a woman, then you will be timid about it (which will not be attractive to her) and you will be afraid to touch for fear that she will be damaged and snarl at you. If, on the other hand, you approach her as you would approach your dog or your best friend during a round of football - then your brutality will scare her away.

You must be firm, but gentle, bold but also patient. It is the same with a Yamato figure. Sometimes, like a woman, a Yamato figure will start to develop all sorts of problems which require remedies. When a woman develops such problems, you must be gentle and help with the remedy - so to be prepared to remedy some of your Yamatos.

Nevertheless, the satisfaction from owning many Yamatos is equal to the satisfaction of having one great woman for all of your many days. And you can view the trials and problems that arise in some Yamatos as a challenge akin to what will arise for you in your relationship with women.

If you refuse to buy Yamatos because of the high price and great risk - then it is like refusing to try for a great woman for fear of the same.

So - get a Yamato :)

Start with something relatively safe like a 1/48 VF-1 or a 1/60 YF-19. Although, of course, the V.2 1/60 VF-1 is the most beautiful prize; as are the SV-51r (Nora or Ivanov) - but ultimately, no matter which one you start with - be gentle and be ready to break at least two or three of these figures before you get the knack of it.

Think of it like having a few bad relationships that you learn for, to get you ready when a real babe shows up - and you will know how to handle her :)

It's the same with Yamato :)

Pete

It all depends on what you mean by "play with it."

Here's the scoop: I play with ALL of my Yamato valkyrie and I do so very frequently. However, my form of play is taking pictures for a running photo-comic of my own creation. On certain occasions, these pictures are taken outside, in the wild, although I've scaled back on that method and switched to using photoshop more and more.

This type of "play" is overall not very taxing on the yamatos - or any of the other participating figures - because all it calls for is that I pose the figure and take a picture at any desired angle.

Now - if by "play" you mean that you will take your yamato on an adventure that will entail him standing on the end of a couch about two feet off the ground, or being tossed in the back seat of a car, or that you will toss your Yamato figure into your back pack along with your school books and take him to show off...then NO.

So it all depends on how you play with him.

Another consideration:

On seibertron.com, a long time ago, when Masterpiece Starscream came out, people were writing things like "boy is he delicate!" and "boy those thin wings are delicate" and I was scratching my head thinking "these guys must be kidding! MP Starscream is built like a rock compared to a Yamato figure."

And that basically sums up the extent of what "delicate" means - you will have to relearn how to handle a plastic figure. Until you learn how to move it, where to pivot, what goes where, where there are pressure points etc - then it will be like a bit of a heart attack experience.

But - I write all of this because it is a fact - but it does not mean that you should not go for it.

As Roy Fokker would likely say: It is the same with women. If you do not know how to handle a woman, then you will be timid about it (which will not be attractive to her) and you will be afraid to touch for fear that she will be damaged and snarl at you. If, on the other hand, you approach her as you would approach your dog or your best friend during a round of football - then your brutality will scare her away.

You must be firm, but gentle, bold but also patient. It is the same with a Yamato figure. Sometimes, like a woman, a Yamato figure will start to develop all sorts of problems which require remedies. When a woman develops such problems, you must be gentle and help with the remedy - so to be prepared to remedy some of your Yamatos.

Nevertheless, the satisfaction from owning many Yamatos is equal to the satisfaction of having one great woman for all of your many days. And you can view the trials and problems that arise in some Yamatos as a challenge akin to what will arise for you in your relationship with women.

If you refuse to buy Yamatos because of the high price and great risk - then it is like refusing to try for a great woman for fear of the same.

So - get a Yamato :)

Start with something relatively safe like a 1/48 VF-1 or a 1/60 YF-19. Although, of course, the V.2 1/60 VF-1 is the most beautiful prize; as are the SV-51r (Nora or Ivanov) - but ultimately, no matter which one you start with - be gentle and be ready to break at least two or three of these figures before you get the knack of it.

Think of it like having a few bad relationships that you learn for, to get you ready when a real babe shows up - and you will know how to handle her :)

It's the same with Yamato :)

Pete

Excellent piece of advice. And no, I'm slightly past the whole "Come on Red Ranger, can you jump the CANYON OF DEATH!??!" stage. I'm talking more along the lines of slightly regressing and "flying with it" while I make it do flips and stuff, slow motion like :p

So it sounds like I need to find a Yamato. And something relatively cheap for Christmas. And preferably a VF-1 or something that I'm familiar with (Macross F, SDF, Macross Plus the Movie)

*wonders if he's starting to sound really picky*

Beyond this, is it in bad taste to want to collect the 2002 reissue Bandais? I'm just a cheap guy, my mother and father taught me to shop for price and I taught myself the way of quality through some "accidents" (Note to self, Rogue Squadron III was NOT a smart idea Napalm). They just look cool and seem to be really strong for what I'm doing.

*guesses he's partial to Bandai for all the years he bought Power Rangers action figures*

*really starting to like MW already*

Again mate, thanks for the info. I haven't collected anything like this since the Megazord days.

There is a group of Macross fans here who specifically love the "chunky monkey" - the Bandai VFs.

The problem with the Bandai VFs; if you notice, is that they are...err...well..chunky, for one, but also - the detailing and precision on a Yamato is just light years ahead. Of course, this is not the fault of Bandai, since we're comparing a figure that was engineered now with something from twenty odd years ago.

It's really not right to compare them, I think. The Bandai VF was revolutionary for its' time - think about all of the moving parts and the fact that overall it looks good. But the Yamato VF-1 (v.2 1/60) is revolutionary for its time - now.

The real problem is that you might be unlucky enough to buy your first Yamato and end up getting a dud.

This is why I recommend the YF-19 - from what I have gathered, the only problem encountered with this guy is the crooked gunpod - and that was on the very first versions (like mine). One member has reported a neck crack - but that is an anomoly that is being investigated and no one else has reported something like this (and since the majority of QC flaws on Yamatos are reported by a lot of people who have the exact same flaw, then we can safely assume that the neck crack problem is an isolated incident).

Once you get the YF-19 - you will understand why there is no better way to spend your money than on Yamato's stuff, even if you end up "loosing" some cash to broken/QC problem pieces - it is STILL worth it to fish for the perfect ones.

If you want a VF-1 - go for the VF-1J or VF-1A in 1/60 scale (version 2). Stay away from the 1S as some of them have defective shoulder hinges (I have 2 - one is perfect the other is defective).

So - yeah - I would say either the 1/60 YF-19 or the 1/60 VF-1.

And BE CAREFUL TRANSFORMING IT.

Pete

I suggest you to look at some photos of both lines of products before making the decision.

Personally, I am a big fans of Yamato, because their products are general beautiful - they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I just feel satisfied to look at them.

But again, if you are a nostalgic person, you may find the Bandai models appealing. You are free to make the call for whichever you like more!

Excellent piece of advice. And no, I'm slightly past the whole "Come on Red Ranger, can you jump the CANYON OF DEATH!??!" stage. I'm talking more along the lines of slightly regressing and "flying with it" while I make it do flips and stuff, slow motion like :p

So it sounds like I need to find a Yamato. And something relatively cheap for Christmas. And preferably a VF-1 or something that I'm familiar with (Macross F, SDF, Macross Plus the Movie)

*wonders if he's starting to sound really picky*

Beyond this, is it in bad taste to want to collect the 2002 reissue Bandais? I'm just a cheap guy, my mother and father taught me to shop for price and I taught myself the way of quality through some "accidents" (Note to self, Rogue Squadron III was NOT a smart idea Napalm). They just look cool and seem to be really strong for what I'm doing.

*guesses he's partial to Bandai for all the years he bought Power Rangers action figures*

*really starting to like MW already*

Again mate, thanks for the info. I haven't collected anything like this since the Megazord days.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my first 1/48 Valk (the Millia: yes, I am one of those cheapskates that picked this bargain) this week. Grahams instruction video on how to transform them was a godsent. I'm sure others would apreciate it too. I had a hard time finding it with the search option, in the end I found it with a google search. Would the mods mind making (or allowing) a sticky with links to transform guides or videos for the diverse yamato (and/or) DX valks?

Received my first 1/48 Valk (the Millia: yes, I am one of those cheapskates that picked this bargain) this week. Grahams instruction video on how to transform them was a godsent. I'm sure others would apreciate it too. I had a hard time finding it with the search option, in the end I found it with a google search. Would the mods mind making (or allowing) a sticky with links to transform guides or videos for the diverse yamato (and/or) DX valks?

There are a few on youtube currently.

Collection DX's :

and
. CDX's 1/60 version 2

Wizartars 1/48 Angel Bird VF-1A review and transformation video

There are transformation videos for the VF-0S, SV-51, YF-21 and YF-19 as well on youtube.

I'm trying to get started with a VF-1J (since it's one of the reasons I got hooked with anime) but I still cant figure out which one to get.

(a) The 1/48 sounds great, "perfect variable" and all; some pointed out that the 1/60 has better detail but the proportion looks off. So which is which? Is there any chance someone can post a photo showing the two scales side-by-side?

(b) I read that the 1/60 has a ver2.0; I'm assuming it can simply be identified with the packaging... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

© Will this be a good buy? Or is there a ver2.0 coming out soon?

One more please....

Takatokus have NO swappable heatshield.

I'm sorry but does that mean that you can take the canopy off?

Please excuse the questions. I haven't been lurking enough. :lol:Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry but does that mean that you can take the canopy off?
No it isn't removable.

(a) The 1/48 sounds great, "perfect variable" and all; some pointed out that the 1/60 has better detail but the proportion looks off. So which is which? Is there any chance someone can post a photo showing the two scales side-by-side?

The main criticism for the new 1/60 VF-1J's battroid mode is that the neck sticks up higher than the chestplate. It doesn't bother me, but I can understand why people do not like this look. Other than that it has better proportions than the 1/48, it is sleeker, more proportionate to the anime version.

The 1/48 has a huge chestplate and skinny arms, with hands the exact same size as the new 1/60. Nonetheless it has bigger legs and due to being bigger in general, is more imposing. It is also a solid toy, and people love it just as much as I love the 1/55. The 1/48 is no doubt great, but I prefer the new 1/60 to it, as it is tighter overall, more proportionate, articulated better, and the arms do not sink below the legs in fighter mode. The 1/48 has a nicer nose section since it is longer in fighter mode.

No it isn't removable.

The main criticism for the new 1/60 VF-1J's battroid mode is that the neck sticks up higher than the chestplate. It doesn't bother me, but I can understand why people do not like this look. Other than that it has better proportions than the 1/48, it is sleeker, more proportionate to the anime version.

The 1/48 has a huge chestplate and skinny arms, with hands the exact same size as the new 1/60. Nonetheless it has bigger legs and due to being bigger in general, is more imposing. It is also a solid toy, and people love it just as much as I love the 1/55. The 1/48 is no doubt great, but I prefer the new 1/60 to it, as it is tighter overall, more proportionate, articulated better, and the arms do not sink below the legs in fighter mode. The 1/48 has a nicer nose section since it is longer in fighter mode.

I really appreciate the response! I'm sticking with the new 1/60s then.

Thanks a lot! :)

Please excuse the double post but this is not related to my previous question.

I was browsing the reviews when this caught my attention: TRU Special Edition.

I was able to get hold of that a few years back but sold it again because I wasn't happy with it. It says in the review that it's a Japan exclusive. Does that mean I sold a potentially hard to find item?!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I was able to get hold of that a few years back but sold it again because I wasn't happy with it. It says in the review that it's a Japan exclusive. Does that mean I sold a potentially hard to find item?!

I think it's safe to say you sold something nobody would want anymore, now that the v.2 1/60s are out.

Only people who would want it are die-hards.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Lurker that can't be a lurker no more cause I need some assistance.

Yesterday I got my first v2 VF-1A. Everything perfect, no shoulder issues, super tight.

In fact everything is so tight that I'm stuck in the transformation process almost from the start...backpack!

I have the feeling I will break the backpack if I put any more preasure on it while trying to fold it.

The farthest I can fold it without feeling it will break is at 90 degrees. Basically not past 2m41s in

Help!

First you have to get the backpack proper (big part) bent 90 degrees OFF OF THE LITTLE HINGE.

THEN and only then bend the hinge itself another 90 degrees.

In both instances you will feel a bit of pressure.

If you still have major trouble, I can throw some pics up tomorrow.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Quick Question: What's the absolute lowest price for a WAVE SDF-1? I want one, but I need to know how much money I should save.

It depends which WAVE SDF-1 you're shopping around for. If you've done your research, then you already know that there are two versions of it. The "original" sports a slightly metallic paint scheme with a gunmetal blue color on the main body, main cannon booms, ARMDs, shoulders and the front and back of the legs; and everything else molded in dark gray. These tend to be slightly cheaper at around $90 to $120, depending on the seller. This is the version that I own, and honestly, I don't mind the color scheme.

Back last Fall, WAVE rereleased the SDF-1 in a more "movie-accurate" paint scheme. This version features a truer light gray/dark gray color scheme that is done in a matte finish and also has more details such as tampo-stamped "hull panels" scattered across the hull. This particular version tends to be the more expensive one, with a price range of $150 to $300, depending on the seller. Aside from the new paint scheme, there are no new improvements made over the original. Its nothing more than a repaint.

Honestly, if you're willing to shell out $300+ for an SDF-1, hold out for Yamato's 2-foot-long DYRL SDF-1. Right now, its suggested MRP is around $535, but if the world economy continues to improve---at least the Dollar/Yen conversion---then it may actually end up being cheaper.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Hi all Macross fan!!

Im new here and need help...i plan to buy this two (VF-1S & VF-1A) items from ebay, but just need an opinion from you guys in term of quality or maybe i just go for new version..

*sample photo only

Unopened_boxes_4.jpg

Thanks!!

Dony

North Borneo.

if you could spare the few extra $$$... i vote to get the new ones...

if you just like to collect old stuff for nostalgia and whatnot, then buy those...

don't know if you know, but those are not perfect transformation VFs... if you want PT get the 1/48 or the new 1/60s

Hi all Macross fan!!

Im new here and need help...i plan to buy this two (VF-1S & VF-1A) items from ebay, but just need an opinion from you guys in term of quality or maybe i just go for new version..

*sample photo only

Unopened_boxes_4.jpg

Thanks!!

Dony

North Borneo.

Having had a v1 and a v2 at one point, I'd say save up and go for the v2 1/60s... they really are much better.

if you could spare the few extra $$$... i vote to get the new ones...

if you just like to collect old stuff for nostalgia and whatnot, then buy those...

don't know if you know, but those are not perfect transformation VFs... if you want PT get the 1/48 or the new 1/60s

:huh: i did'nt know that...the seller did'nt give too many details on it.. :angry: anyway i will call the seller to cancelled it..

How good it will be if all macrossworld seller can ship their item all the way to North Borneo :lol:

Anyway..thanks a lot friend!!

Thanks all for the advices...

myb i just go for 1 item 1st instead of 2... :lol: buy one by one.i just had my alto 1/72 last month but its just too fragile to tranform.Need a solid one tp play with..

Its very hard or i mean there no shop selling this kind of toys in borneo.only available at peninsular of Malaysia... :(

Dony,

North Borneo

I think it's safe to say you sold something nobody would want anymore, now that the v.2 1/60s are out.

Only people who would want it are die-hards.

Pete

Long delayed "THANK YOU, PETE!"

Sorry, got carried away with the PM I forgot to thank you properly.

Hi

Does anyone know of a good website to buy from if you're living in the UK? My google-fu is weak today.

Thanks

HLJ/Overdrive/Angolz. I've received items from all three of them with no problems. Overdrive seems to ship the fastest, and Angolz the slowest (maybe cause they are in HK?) but overall the time difference is nothing compared to the time your package will spend at HM Customs--which seems to hijack my packages at random :p. Don't forget if your package gets held up at Customs, you will have to pay at least 15% VAT+ processing fee

Edited by edwin3060

HLJ/Overdrive/Angolz. I've received items from all three of them with no problems. Overdrive seems to ship the fastest, and Angolz the slowest (maybe cause they are in HK?) but overall the time difference is nothing compared to the time your package will spend at HM Customs--which seems to hijack my packages at random :p. Don't forget if your package gets held up at Customs, you will have to pay at least 15% VAT+ processing fee

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Overdrive and Angloz

Edited by Ork_dreadnought

A couple more questions:

So the 1st series of Yamato VFs are not perfect transformation? I've never seen any pics of them to be able to tell...Could somebody give me details as to how the transformation is imperfect? (removeable hands/head?)

Also, I see these (roughly) 1/144 scale Takatoku Valkyries floating around ebay every so often...could somebody give me some info on these and about what I can expect to pay for one?

A couple more questions:

So the 1st series of Yamato VFs are not perfect transformation? I've never seen any pics of them to be able to tell...Could somebody give me details as to how the transformation is imperfect? (removeable hands/head?)

Also, I see these (roughly) 1/144 scale Takatoku Valkyries floating around ebay every so often...could somebody give me some info on these and about what I can expect to pay for one?

Well you can check Graham's review on the main site (Toy's section) but basically the legs have to be detached and re-attached (therefore not perfect transform) and there are some pieces on the arm you have to remove to mount the gunpod in fighter mode.

I'm not to sure about the 1/144, but those are really old? I wouldn't recommend getting them unless you are a completist. The Toynami 1/100 line is much better, for all its faults.

Well you can check Graham's review on the main site (Toy's section) but basically the legs have to be detached and re-attached (therefore not perfect transform) and there are some pieces on the arm you have to remove to mount the gunpod in fighter mode.

I'm not to sure about the 1/144, but those are really old? I wouldn't recommend getting them unless you are a completist. The Toynami 1/100 line is much better, for all its faults.

Hmm...alright.

And yes, they are old, circa 80s. I suppose I am a bit of a completist...but it's more the fact that I can display them with my Convertors figures. I hear they were knocked off a lot...