Newbie ANSWERS thread!

actually they aren't really that fragile, we just have a bunch of clumsy members that dropped their valks. it doesn't just snap on its own, if anything the 1/60 backpack hinges are way worse.

i thought the same thing you did about the 1/48's a while back, now i got 13 of them. believe me, you won't be disappointed with your purchase. they're way expensive as is now and with no future releases on the horizon(other than GBP armor) the price is only going to go up then you'll really be SOFL or broke as hell. :p

I just looked at the prices, good god, I mean 250 ??? the only reasonable one I found was a hikaru 1A for 150, both of the 1S's are just too expensive

Dude valk exchange has the VF-1J with FP for 189.99. IU say buy it. ANd trust me the 1./48 really is not fragile. I manhandle it. Hell it is in one piece. And...my model kits? ALL broken! IN some way which or form. My 1/48? NOT BROKEN~! That says a lot. Tired of people saying this thing is so fragile nad just a display piece and how its a like a model. Whatevers. If you handle a dragon warbirds model and then the 1/48 you would realize how much of a toy the `/48 is while the dragon is clearly a model though made from diecast. Just watch out for BP8 and use common sense transforming. The only people who really say the 1/.48 is fragile or like a model are people who barely even play with it.

I would just like to second our good brothers' SHIN and HATERIST on this issue of whether a(n) 1/48 is fragile or not. I believe it has been said here on the forums before that a 1/48 is a TOY. It is meant to be played with. And just like most of the collectors here on the forums, I have more than one 1/48 in my possession, so I'm speaking from experience :) .

I just looked at the prices, good god, I mean 250 ??? the only reasonable one I found was a hikaru 1A for 150, both of the 1S's are just too expensive

go check out www.valkyrie-exchange.com

hes got the 1S roy for $170.

they had time to make it so the 1D can have a full set of FP on it but didn't bother to release it with it.  the TRU CF(or the other CF) can support the leg and arm armor but no backpack booster. 

if by "sumo armor" you mean GBP, all of them except the VE, VT, and 1D as they have a slightly different chest plate design.

people must learn to read! ;)

Edited by haterist

• 1 month later...

I'm a newbie and I have questions, have there ever been toy version of the Metal Siren Valkyrie and the Red alien mecha (forgot what it was called) from Macross II?

And are there toy versions of the two mechas from Macross Plus?

I'm a newbie and I have questions, have there ever been toy version of the Metal Siren Valkyrie and the Red alien mecha (forgot what it was called) from Macross II?

Macross II just model kits only VF-2SS. Macross Plus yes but out of print but you`ll find them at ebay with very high prices !

Macross Plus Toys :

VF-11 :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/v.../vf11_final.htm

YF-19 :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_...yamato_yf19.htm

YF-21 :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_...yamato_yf21.htm

Macross II just model kits only VF-2SS. Macross Plus yes but out of print but you`ll find them at ebay with very high prices !

Macross Plus Toys :

VF-11 :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/v.../vf11_final.htm

YF-19 :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_...yamato_yf19.htm

YF-21 :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_...yamato_yf21.htm

Thanks for the links!

I did a search on ebay..............OMG $200 bucks for the Yamato V-19 toy!

Thats insane! :(

So how exactly does the leg transformation work on the 1/48 scale Yamato Valkyries? I keep hearing how it is a perfect transformation that does not use a swing bar mechanism, but nothing more specific that that.

I'll find out myself when I pick one up in a few months time (I know they're only getting more expensive the longer I wait), but I want to know now!

So how exactly does the leg transformation work on the 1/48 scale Yamato Valkyries? I keep hearing how it is a perfect transformation that does not use a swing bar mechanism, but nothing more specific that that.

I'll find out myself when I pick one up in a few months time (I know they're only getting more expensive the longer I wait), but I want to know now!

It does use a swingbar (or rod) in this case, but by opening the area between the

nosecone and the landinggear they can keep it out of sight

check out This link

to see our own Graham wreck transform a 1/48

MacrossWorld's Main Page holds more than just the forums you know

Edited by Nightbat®

Macross II just model kits only VF-2SS.

This being the toy section maybe this isn't worth mentioning but there are more Macross II model kits out there then just the VF-2SS.

B-Club has done the VF-2JA (both Battroid and Fighter), the Gilgamesh, and the Metal Siren. Have a look here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/b-club/b-club.htm

Also if you get the Musasiya VF-2SS, it comes with 3 Zentradi pods.

It's been a while since I've watched Macross II so I'm not sure what the "Red alien mecha" is you are refering to at the moment.

Carl

Well this isn't a yamato that's for sure. Is this a mod or some kit?

I beleave thats the Studio Half-Eye 1/100 Resin Model kit.

Hmm... I starting to think its not the SHE kit. It looks like the Wave YF-21 battroid kit...

Its hard to tell from this angle. wolfx, where did you get that picture from? Got any more? I'm pretty sure its the Wave kit. If it was a SHE kit, it should have screws left and right on it. Also the part flap things on his legs should be huge on the SHE kit... just like the 1st edition Yamato.

This being the toy section maybe this isn't worth mentioning but there are more Macross II model kits out there then just the VF-2SS.

B-Club has done the VF-2JA (both Battroid and Fighter), the Gilgamesh, and the Metal Siren. Have a look here:

It's been a while since I've watched Macross II so I'm not sure what the "Red alien mecha" is you are refering to at the moment.

Carl

Thanks! The red alien mecha I was talking about was the "Gilgamesh" mecha. Nice to see that they at least made a model of it cause when I was searching I didnt come across anything Macross II related.

I beleave thats the Studio Half-Eye 1/100 Resin Model kit.

Hmm... I starting to think its not the SHE kit. It looks like the Wave YF-21 battroid kit...

Its hard to tell from this angle. wolfx, where did you get that picture from? Got any more? I'm pretty sure its the Wave kit. If it was a SHE kit, it should have screws left and right on it. Also the part flap things on his legs should be huge on the SHE kit... just like the 1st edition Yamato.

No pics unfortunately. Got this from 2chan. Thanks for the replies. Why can't yammies look this good. :(

• 2 months later...

It's definitely not a 1/100 SHE kit. Look at the arms and legs of the kit of the pic I posted and judge for yourself ;)

You'll see the differencies

post-557-1125363418.jpg

Question: Will the 1/48 GBP armor come with a Valkyrie or be sold separately? If so, will it come with a Hikaru 1J or something else?

324289[/snapback]

Does anyone have a definite answer on this?

324607[/snapback]

There was a rumor about that, eminating from some retailers overseas. So far, no solid information yet though man.

Question: Will the 1/48 GBP armor come with a Valkyrie or be sold separately? If so, will it come with a Hikaru 1J or something else?

324289[/snapback]

324607[/snapback]

There was a rumor about that, eminating from some retailers overseas. So far, no solid information yet though man.

325252[/snapback]

Thanks man.

P.S. Is that Storm Shadow?

324289[/snapback]

324607[/snapback]

325252[/snapback]

Thanks man.

P.S. Is that Storm Shadow?

326010[/snapback]

Yes it is storm shadow, I've been doing avatars for fun in my free time for joebattlelines.com I got a gallery of avatars in the avatar section to!

324289[/snapback]

324607[/snapback]

The thing is, the very first bit of info officially released in the mags about the GBP was that it was due to come in both stand-alone packages and in a bundle pack.

However, that was never repeated. :(

Carl

Thanks! The red alien mecha I was talking about was the "Gilgamesh" mecha. Nice to see that they at least made a model of it cause when I was searching I didnt come across anything Macross II related.

304833[/snapback]

Never actually seen the Gilgamesh built, though. Would be nice... :unsure:

where did the "pheyos" come from and will it ever be availible as more than a rare and expensive model kit? It looks mad friggin sweet but I like the playability of my toys.

where did the "pheyos" come from and will it ever be availible as more than a rare and expensive model kit? It looks mad friggin sweet but I like the playability of my toys.

326758[/snapback]

I think it's only been in both PS VF-X games. Never in anime.

I highly doubt it will get made as a toy, we'd see the VF-4 or the VF-5000 at least before we see that thing.

• 1 month later...

the pheyos valkyrie.thats the 1 that looks like a manta-ray right? seems that most folks hated that model,but i always thought it was cool.i dig ships and mecha that emulate an ocean creature's fluid lines. :)

Hi Guys,

I'm completely green on Macross and Robotech, but I'm getting really interested in learning more about the series and history.

I've been a collector of Gen 1 Transformers for the past six years, but wanted to find out more about Macross and Robotech as I really admire the construction and grace of the figures.

I've read through this thread and at the moment things are a little confusing, but I'm sure I'll settle in soon.

I haven't any real experience of Macross/Robotech; the nearest I've got is owning a MISB Jetfire - but I'm interesting in learning!

My questions are:

Are there any UK or European fans on this site? I'm not a user of Ebay, but want to learn if there are any decent UK/European stockists of Bandai figures?

Where's a good place to learn the history of the series? And where do I start?

What series does the Jetfire mold fit in? I'd like to get hold of the Macross style - as I don't want to open a £250 figure yet.

Hope that you'll help - bear with me - I am new!

Hi Guys,

I'm completely green on Macross and Robotech, but I'm getting really interested in learning more about the series and history.

I've been a collector of Gen 1 Transformers for the past six years, but wanted to find out more about Macross and Robotech as I really admire the construction and grace of the figures.

I've read through this thread and at the moment things are a little confusing, but I'm sure I'll settle in soon.

I haven't any real experience of Macross/Robotech; the nearest I've got is owning a MISB Jetfire - but I'm interesting in learning!

My questions are:

Are there any UK or European fans on this site?  I'm not a user of Ebay, but want to learn if there are any decent UK/European stockists of Bandai figures?

Where's a good place to learn the history of the series?  And where do I start?

What series does the Jetfire mold fit in?  I'd like to get hold of the Macross style - as I don't want to open a £250 figure yet.

Hope that you'll help - bear with me - I am new!

337109[/snapback]

Graham, 1 of our very own admins, is from the UK! His collection of bandais is impressive too, ranging from the HCMS to the many 1.55s available during the 1980s. Correct me if I am wrong but I do think most of the bandais posted in the macrossworld toy section are actually his~!

To learn a history the best place would be here for a little bit of everything, the frontpage has links to many things. Macross compendium would be your next best bet. Aside from renting or buying the DVDs.

Jetfire is a bandai 1/55 mold with the nose section of the VE-1 ELINTSEEKER and the 2 seats found in the VF-1/VT-1 cockpits. It has the VF-1S FAST pack armor included(the red armor).

Your best bet is to get the reissue bandai VF-1S super valkyrie.....it is the mold that jetfire is based off of, only with a sharper more angular nose, 1 seat, and of course the skull squadron liveries. The price should run you a little bit under or over 100$ as it was reissued in 2003.

I do have a vintage jetfire and a reissue super, and I do like my super valkyrie more.