TV Season 2004

Blaine23

Second (or third) that for a Veronica Mars-watcher.... And I'm definately watching Lost over Smallville. Smallville's just been waaaay too odd lately what with Kryptonians visiting every-freakin-place on Earth and leaving all their crap behind....seriously, a Superman symbol on a church fresco in Paris?!? And Smallville doesn't have Terry O'Quin :D

Smallville--missed the season premiere, dammit; cheesy but entertaining, and the Luthors are fun to watch

ewilen. I can stream it to you via my Tivo. Check your PM.

As for Sex and that City on TBS. Are you insane!?! It's mangled beyond recognition in order to conform to broadcast standards. :)

H

Late Edit: Oh, it's not really a Tivo. It's a custom built Tivo-like DVR. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out...but I'll probably catch it in rerun eventually.

Sex and the City...never saw it on HBO, so I don't know what I'm missing aside from the dirty words. I guess this is similar to my experience with "Dream On". Maybe I'll try renting SatC, if I can, just to see what the R version is like.

Sex and the City...never saw it on HBO, so I don't know what I'm missing aside from the dirty words. I guess this is similar to my experience with "Dream On". Maybe I'll try renting SatC, if I can, just to see what the R version is like.

I just can't imagine Samantha being nearly as enjoyable as a character with her foul mouth cleaned up. But I think she gets more foul as the seasons progress. So you may not have missed much yet. :)

H

Have to add Gilmore Girls to the list. I just love watching a bunch of pretentious people make witty remarks at each other while being involved in pointless storylines. The faster they talk, the more witty they sound. How can you not like that? After getting home from a hard days work, being annoyed to no limit is the perfect way to spend the evening.

Unfortunately, Gilmore Girls isn't on every night so I have to watch shows like the Benefactor. Seeing sixteen numbnuts try to appease a computer geek is close to the pinnacle of television accomplishment. Between the dumb blonde and the drugged out rock and roll star, you have a great variety of contestants who will most likely be homeless once they are kicked off the show.

Lost is kind of interesting. What it needs though is ten more characters like that prissy girl who gets all tripped out because she insists she doesn't understand French (Must have watched the last episode to understand). When people ask me to try and translate Chinese, I also throw a big fit and nearly pee in my pants. Translating is such scary work. Yep, have ten girls like her walking around the island, and you have something. They can yell at each other for an hour and be even more annoying than the Gilmore Girls. Then I'll be torn on which show is better. I think TV execs got together a few years back to take TV programming in the direction of pissing me off. Got to love it. :lol:

i watch the gilmore ho's(as i like to call them) sometimes, its pretty funny when i do catch it and that alexis bledel is just too fine...and the mom, ooooooo a total MILF. :D

i finally watched some of LOST the other night, it was kind of meh. basically its a higher budget version of The Lost World IMO. its the same plot, some folks get stuck on a plateau, this case an island, they're surrounded by dinosaurs, in this case weird cross bred creatures, and they're trying to find out whats out there and get off the island/plateau....nothing new, just a rehashed version of a similar story like the rest of TV/movies out there.

Isn't anyone watching Stargate: Atlantis? I've been liking what I've seen of it so far, but I'm a big SG fan to begin with.

Damn skippy have I been watching Atlantis. MUCH better than the useless drivel that is SG-1 Season 8, and I've been following Stargate right from the start.

I like Dr. McKay. Just enough annoying to be entertaining, but he's actually GOOD at what he does. Makes for a great character.

Damn, I didn't know I had strolled into CouchPatato.com. :p You guys watch a hell of alot of TV. The only shows I watch are Malcolm in the Middle and Family Guy. Anything else I watch on occasion like Six Feet Under (only cuz Mey will strangle me if I don't), South Park, That 70s Show and the Simpsons. Everything else is on DVD/TiVo, bit torrent etc and they are mostly imported anime....

Father of The Pride (which I think is lame) I *had/have to watch* it in post production so I'll never watch that on TV.

what TV needs

1. a good war series that isn't preaching peace and hippie what the hell am I fighting for crap. Do your really think a guy has time to give a political speech while mortar shells are falling?

2. a colonial marines fox series. this could do a lot to fix the alien series and explore the alien(now AvP) universe

3.relaunch space above and beyond without the aforementioned peacenik crap

4.a lawyer show featuring the old style of perry mason investigative groove

5.hot lesbian starfighter pilots

6.hot lesbian sci-fi series

7.well anything featuring hot lesbians that isn't written by david e kelly or aaron spelling

i don't get TiVo?, i mean i get the concept but you'd never go to sleep, there would always be something to watch wouldn't there? i cut off my cable because of this, you start to watch a movie, it sucks, but you've watched too much of it to just shut it off, then all of the sudden its 4:00 in the morning. :blink:

oh and i'm down for any and all lesbian TV shows. :p

Renegade Leader -

War and lesbians. Paging Dr. Freud - Dr. Freud we have new visitor in the main lobby. :lol:

Why not just mix all of your ideas together and have full on lebian sci fi starfighter pilot/vixens vs. Col. marines led by the ghost of Raymond Burr war show?

Or not.

On another note -

I watched the Venture Bros. on Adult Swim that a friend had recorded for me. Awesome show, very witty and the 60's "look" of the show was spot-on. Loved it.

And I actually have to admit that Brock Samson kinda reminded me of AgentONE. :blink::p

I've been recording Venture Bros. but I haven't bothered to watch it yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Haterist--a DVR can be a blessing or a curse. Yes, if there's too much stuff you want to watch, you'll end up wasting your life. On the other hand, it can theoretically get you in the habit of treating TV like books or movie rentals--you can be more discriminating instead of just taking whatever the broadcasters shove at you. Since you're not forced to watch a show when it comes on, you can put it off, and then if you really weren't that committed to it, you might end up not watching it at all.

If you're in the habit of filling dead time with TV (e.g., if you like to have the tube on during breakfast), you can watch something you're actually interested in, instead of Good Morning America or whatever.

Plus you can skip commercials, pause, and move around in the show. (The latter may be a bit of a time waster--I tend to go back again and again trying to hear mumbled dialogue, then I turn on closed captions if that doesn't work. If I was watching live, I'd forget about it and move on.)

• 2 weeks later...
Renegade Leader -

War and lesbians. Paging Dr. Freud - Dr. Freud we have new visitor in the main lobby. :lol:

Why not just mix all of your ideas together and have full on lebian sci fi starfighter pilot/vixens vs. Col. marines led by the ghost of Raymond Burr war show?

Or not.

On another note -

I watched the Venture Bros. on Adult Swim that a friend had recorded for me. Awesome show, very witty and the 60's "look" of the show was spot-on. Loved it.

And I actually have to admit that Brock Samson kinda reminded me of AgentONE. :blink::p

-In Dr. Frueds waiting room-

RL- "Hey Joss Whedon whats up? Hows that Firefly movie coming along?"

Joss- "Needs more lesbians..."

• 13 years later...

Yes it's necro threading but it's the literally the only topic approp (and it's worthless to create a new one): https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/pauley-perrette-responds-to-cbs-statement-about-her-multiple-assaults-claim/ar-AAxlT7k?ocid=spartanntp  I stopped watching this, for various reasons (don't watch TV as much, watch Netflix upstairs with the wouman, other reasons~old people, etc.) and I suppose I should not be surprised that finally someone else finally 'decided' to leave. But I wonder: who caused Abby the llama dramas? It wasn't rape or sexual (otherwise, NCIS would have been a blanket victim of the Me too movement in Hollywood) but I am vaguely curious.... in a rubbernecking in traffic sort of manner...

Edited by TehPW

Interesting, I watch that show with my boys.  I had never heard anything about this.  This article doesn't say much, but it sounds like she was "bullied" and "assaulted" by people involved with the show.  I now wonder what happened.