Has there ever been a VF-17 or VF-22 Valk toy?

Effect

I was wondering, has there ever been a VF-17 and/or(more importantly) a VF-22 toy? If so does anyone know of a store that has one for sale or would I have to check ebay or look for someone on the forum selling one?

Edited by Effect

The *quality* of the Bandai 1/65 DX VF-17S & VF-17D toys is excellent, it's the design, or more correctly certain parts of the sculpt that is not so good.

While it looks great in battroid mode, in Fighter and Gerwalk modes it is far too chunky looking from most angles especially when viewed from the side, although it does look good in fighter mode when viewed from the top.

The toy is all plastic, no metal parts at all except for screws, but despite this it is increadibly durable. It's probably on of the most durable transforming Macross toys ever made.

The VF-17 toy actually features very good detailing for the most part, lots of panel lines. However, it does have a couple of issues: -

1) The landing gear is awful, far too simple.

2) The knees lack articulation to bend backwards, so you cannot make the toy kneel in Battroid mode, although if you are brave enogh you can modify the knees with some careful file work.

Graham

I really want a VF-17 and will probably get around to getting the Bandai one of these days. I have bootlegs of the Fire and Blazer valks and they're ok. Worth what their price anyways. I'd like the real Fire valk too, but really wish Yamato would do it. At least VF-X versions if not M7...

And we came sooo close to the VF-22, with the unpainted teaser parts in Graham's YF-21FP prototype review...