Dorvack Anime?

sleddogg83

i to am interested in this title if anyone has a good review as to if it is worth it, i would love to hear more about it, and the quality of the subs and picture as well as a little more about the plot

I saw it when I was a kid, and never to be seen again 'cause it's very rare, however the show was very cool, a lot of military stuff, it's abut some weird aliens that invade earth and the earth military fighting against them, great music too, I would love to have the soundtrack but haven't been able to find nothing. I'm off to work but will post more later.

See ya!

I'd love to see this show too! Not only due to the TF connection, but also because what little I've seen from the show gives off a certain "early 80s mecha vibe" which automatically makes it a must see in my book!

I believe the main reason that copies of the show were so hard to find, is that the show was (unusually) not granted a home video release of any kind, so any copies going around would presumably be from the original telecasts in Japan.

However, the complete series was finally released on DVD in December last year, so finding decent quality copies is not necessarily as hard as before. The more cynical part of me wishes that the show had been released on DVD at least a year earlier than it was; it would have made for a very interesting HK set, before they gave up on older anime!

So... No-one knows how to get a hold of this show, huh.

As for me, I love 80s shows and I FINALLY managed to find one Orguss tape, hideously damaged but my deck has a built-in cleaner and the image is crystal clear now.

I don' understand what the hell is going on because it's only got episodes 10-15 on it, but anyway, it's not bad.

OK, so... Dorvack. Yess.. :( It's probably rarer than Mospeada. Although, having said that, I heard "Srungle" is gonna be released on DVD soon, and if that isn't a forgotten show, I don't know what is (literally -- cause I would have forgotten)!

Perhaps a bootleg HK DVD set with English subs will be released eventually.

I dunno...that's what I was thinking when I first heard about the R2 Dorvack set being released. But since then, it's become painfully clear that the Taiwan/HK DVD "re-makers" have decided to concentrate their efforts elsewhere.

I don't even remember what the last 70s/80s anime release from them was, and prospective releases of GE999, SPT Layzner and Dirty Pair TV all (as far I I know) came to a halt last year, with no sign of a resumption of those shows in particular, or a release of any 70s/80s shows that have subsequently been released on R2 DVD.

I guess I'm going to have to continue saving for the R2 Dorvack set...

what is that funky blue second whirl? not G2?

Dorvack has some neato mecha. I like the powered suits...got a model kit at random of one of the suits on a 'Bowrg' flying platform that looks pretty neat. it came with everything but the lights to do lightup guns, and i never got the lights to finish it.

what is that funky blue second whirl? not G2?

Dorvack has some neato mecha. I like the powered suits...got a model kit at random of one of the suits on a 'Bowrg' flying platform that looks pretty neat. it came with everything but the lights to do lightup guns, and i never got the lights to finish it.

The "other" blue helicopter is from a UK only TF that's part of the turbomasters: http://www.tfu.info/1992/Autobot/Rotorstorm/rotorstorm.htm

Does anyone know why Roadbuster has only one half of a gun on its left side?

The stowed half gun section on the leg was half of the Robot modes rifle. The other half of the gun was roof mounted in vehicle mode. The frontal upper portion of the stowed gun hinged forward and the other half clipped onto this un-folded section.

Does anyone know why Roadbuster has only one half of a gun on its left side?

The stowed half gun section on the leg was half of the Robot modes rifle. The other half of the gun was roof mounted in vehicle mode. The frontal upper portion of the stowed gun hinged forward and the other half clipped onto this un-folded section.

That's right. Roadbuster shouldn't really be shown with both rifles as they are a part of one rifle/rooftop weapon.

Do you know where Mugen Calibur's back/jetpack, shoulder launcher, wheel covers, jetpack control bars, etc. were stowed then while he was in vehicle mode?

Edited by ComicKaze

• 4 years later...
  • 9 years later...

I just got this(not the limited one) but the armored (desert browne/orange)one at that. He will serve as my TF Roadbuster owing to the fact that Roadbuster costs an arm and a leg these days.  This one I got for less than $80.00 though from what I read, he cost $200.00 something back in 2009.

He's got lots of accessories and diecast. My question is for those who owned the original Mugen Caliber or the TF Roadbuster is .....the groin/hip connection, was it as floppy as hell or is it just the CMs version?

I just can't lock it securely(the split part) that makes up the thigh connection part. Is that normal?

02002002610.jpg