Yamato YF-19 modifications...

Pat S

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, where was I... :)

Sooo, one problem I could use help on figuring out is the reverse joint between the engine intake and upper thigh in Gerwalk. I'm still playing around with the parts I have looking for something that can fold 90 degrees, then back into the leg. The other day i was trying to see if the Studio Half-Eye solution would work, but that's a no go, that part of the leg doesn't really move on the SHE. Then I looked at the Liquid Stone version, and I noticed that they concealed that part of the leg from every picture on their website. From the one pic that you can sort of see something on, it looks a lot like my original solution (a little swivel joint that slides back into the leg).

http://homepage3.nifty.com/rs-labo/yf19g.html

Edited by Pat S

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I too am curious about the -19. Are the WAVE JOINTS you used aluminum or plastic? How do they stand up to weight? Can they be used on a 1/55 and if so, where can I find them?

• 2 weeks later...

All these mods make me wish Yamato would release their 1/48 YF-19 FP. :-(

I am no where near as talented as these folks, and would not dare do to my 19 as these folks have done.

It is sweet, and it adds much life and awe to an already amazing toy.

Keep up the good work!

SNAP!!!

Sorry, I never saw these last few replies.

I didn't get much further than what's been posted. Cars have been taking all my time. I have a box that keeps begging me to open it up and work on it again. I'll take a look at it this next week. What stopped all progress was the upper leg gerwalk section. I couldn't figure out how to make it stable. I'll need help in figuring that out still.

One of the cars slowing me down.

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/corolla...cs/DSCN6149.JPG

Edited by Pat S

I dug out the box :)

Here's the part I need help with. I need to create this ostrich type upper leg joint. Please give me your ideas, I haven't been able to come up with a good solution. I can drill these sections out and insert anything that will fit and then putty it up. I'm open to canabilizing another toy for parts or creating / ordering parts.

Thanks for any help, and I do appreciate the comments!

Dscn6187.jpgDscn6190.jpgDscn6192.jpgDscn6193.jpg

Hmm...that looks like a toughie... you need something with a very wide angle of motion that will fit up in there... Something akin to the hip on the 1/48 would be ideal if you could get it to bend futher, but I'm not sure what to use or how to get it in there with enough range of motion...